Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 02:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I would rather not but at some point I do have to consider the posibility that this man is not in his right mind. He is going to find a way to leave me and my daughter alone, one way or another.
Lindsey, you have a heart of gold, but it is not up to you to "fix" this guy. He's old enough to fix himself. Sometimes, as hard as it may be, we have to cut other people loose. It might hurt their feelings and you will probably feel bad about that, but you just have to stick to your guns. He will get over it. In fact, he may latch onto another nice lady and proceed to tell her about his bathroom escapades. But at least it won't be you. I know you can do it, and you have the support of all of us C-D people backing you up!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:03 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Well I am happy to say that I havne't heard a word from him in more then a week. He is more likely to contact me in a year or two when he is feeling lonely.

I am going to forget about him for now.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:09 AM

13 posts, read 19,242 times
Quote:
I have this man who is really just a friend. He is significantly older then I am and he keeps buzzing around me. He would like to be MORE then just friends but I have told him right out that is NEVER going to happen.

Well he is back, says he is lonely during the holidays. I fear like so many other things he heard and remembered only what he wanted to and does not remember or has forgotten that I am not interested in him romantically.

The point of my thread is that we talk every day, either via the phone or over Yahoo. He has to talk at least once a day about going to the bathroom. Like yesterday he took his Parents to visit someone in Ormond Beach and they stopped to eat some place. He said he ate some fried food and went into some detail about how it had effected him.

Then there is of course the complete and total ignorance about health issues. He seemed SHOCKED that eating high fat foods can leave one with certain lower gastric problems. He wanted to launch into a complaint that the place had poisoned him but I stopped him short and told him a man his age shouldn't be eating things like this anyway, LOADED with fat.

I have to say, I have a 10 year old child that doesn't talk about going to the bathroom as much as this guy does. I really don't need this information and frankly it grosses me out. In spite of the fact I have said to him that I don't need this information, he does it again the next opportunity.

What is this about? Is it his age, do men in their 60s NEED someone to share info about their bowel movements with? Have I gone without a man for SO long that I had forgotten this side of it?

My ex-husband was English, he definetly NEVER had discussions like this. He wouldn't even pass gas in front of anyone. This guy has no shame where that is concerned either.

I really don't wish to share these kinds of moments. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Yes it is gross to want to talk about it.
Are you sure you not in disguise and you really are him in here posting about this with us. Ewwwwww......
Disgusting thing to post about. Doncha think!

I smell someting stinky.....................

Old 12-30-2007, 01:58 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
Quote:
Well I am happy to say that I havne't heard a word from him in more then a week. He is more likely to contact me in a year or two when he is feeling lonely.

So, this gives you two years to change all your contact info! Change your email, change your phone numbers, etc. Take some security measures in your home - get one of those holes you look through to see who is at the door or whatever. If need be, get a restraining order against this creepola!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:36 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,041,958 times
What's wrong with just IGNORING his efforts to contact you? Did you really have to keep sending him those emails justifying your wanting to end the relationship? The guy sounds like a creep! I'd think the best thing to do is just to ignore any further contact he tries to make with you. He'll get the hint.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
What's wrong with just IGNORING his efforts to contact you? Did you really have to keep sending him those emails justifying your wanting to end the relationship? The guy sounds like a creep! I'd think the best thing to do is just to ignore any further contact he tries to make with you. He'll get the hint.
Your exactly right, I wrote him ONE email and detailed how I felt and then even though he sent me three emails I ignored him. The tone of his emails were that he was trying to get me to talk to him, like arguing with him was better then saying nothing at all.

I knew if I didn't tell him in the beginning the problems I had with him, he would show up at my door. I had hope that if I was brutally honest with him, he would stay away forever.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:18 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
I agree. Just stop returning his calls and stop explaining yourself, for gosh sakes. Lindsey, you've got boundary issues.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I agree. Just stop returning his calls and stop explaining yourself, for gosh sakes. Lindsey, you've got boundary issues.
Your right, I didn't want to be mean to him. I felt sorry for him and I let him push me too far.

BUT I have drawn a line in the sand and I am not going to do it anymore.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 AM

36 posts, read 95,725 times
Quote:

good choice but the big question is for how long it sounds you still have some odd connection to him

Old 01-08-2008, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe aloha View Post
good choice but the big question is for how long it sounds you still have some odd connection to him
My only connection is a slight worry that he might pop back up. He has in the past and I fear he will do it again. He is the kind of person who forgets what you say to him that is something he didn't want to hear.

Thats why when I sent him that email, I had to be brutally honest with him. I had already tried to be nice to him and just tell him there was no chance of a romantic involvement, which of course he ignored later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.