Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 04:01 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I love how this thread has more responses than the other.

Confidence is captivating. I think someone said the same thing on the other thread. The day I met the man I'm seeing now, he took me to lunch and acted as if he owned the place. (Later he told me he was nervous as hell, but he never broke a sweat.)

Meanwhile, I was starting to get concerned that he was too suave, because I'm pretty goofy. Then he came out with some off the wall joke out of left field that just left me in stitches.

Seriously guys, a sense of humor + confidence. Captivating as hell!!
That's because the guys keep responding here.lol!

I agree humor and confidence helps a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:08 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Spin-off:

What makes a man captivating to a woman?
I was a guest at the wedding of a young couple yesterday. At the end of the ceremony, one look at the bride would have told you she was totally captivated by her husband. I can tell you this much about the man: He's young, handsome and healthy, but has no money. He does however, have a beautiful personality, he's positive, sunny disposition and his love for God virtually shines out him. He works at being excellent in all that he does and has a way about him that attracts people to him from many walks of life...young, old, black, white, rich, poor. It doesn't matter to him.

So that said, looks will draw a man to a woman, but I think it's the KIND of man he is that would keep a woman captivated to him. It's not always about money...especially if the woman is independent or has she herself has developed good character in her life and has a correct attitude toward money and material possessions.

Last edited by laorbust61; 07-27-2014 at 08:32 AM..

Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

He's soooooooooooo hot!
mmm yeah, nothing quite like a tattooed murderer.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:01 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Hmmm - this thread has a lot of "filler" and a lot of stuff from/about Canucks.... LOL

But to the question at hand: To me, what I find captivating in a man is direct eye contact with a twinkle in his eye, great smile and sense of humour, kind-hearted yet strong spirited, confident, optimistic and intelligent. Looks (as well as age) to me are secondary, and barely play a part in it - I have been fascinated by all different types of men - short, thin, tall, heavy, etc, etc. It's all about the qualities I mentioned.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:52 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
If funny + confidence meant I'd have no problems attracting women, then I wouldn't be here complaining about dating and meeting people. Too bad I know that's a damn like because it takes much more than just 2 things to make it work. Apparently for me, it takes infinitely more.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If funny + confidence meant I'd have no problems attracting women, then I wouldn't be here complaining about dating and meeting people. Too bad I know that's a damn like because it takes much more than just 2 things to make it work. Apparently for me, it takes infinitely more.

IMHO, I believe men were more easily seen as captivating by women when they did not have ambivalence about expressing traditionally masculine traits (protectiveness, chivalry, Dudley-Do-Right goodness, honesty, and sincerity)

Women who have been disappointed/"burned" in love are no different than men this has happened to. People are looking for someone who is for real, who won't let them down....who is not hyper-focused on what you "bring to the table" I say, bring your best to the table, look for a woman with generous, honest tendencies who loves and respects home and family...and trust that what she brings to the table with be GOOD...and ENOUGH for you.

These days women are developing complexes about being "enough" for a man they desire. The question themselves...as in, "I know I'm middle aged, but will he find me attractive anyway?" And they have to worry about being independent enough, but not TOO independent.

Sometimes I think I'm still single because men look at me and see a lot that they like..but they still want me to be 25 years old. I can't be that. I've already been that.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:27 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Spin-off:

What makes a man captivating to a woman?
I am captivating, just like Freddy Krueger, I will captivate your sleep because you will have nightmares

Old 07-27-2014, 12:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Creative, artistic, intellectual, educated, critical thinker, charming, introspective, affectionate, open, intimate, wordsmith, passionate, dedicated/committed.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:06 PM

Strong and masculine but not a "thug"; honest, generous, loving, godly, clear on what he wants and what he is looking for in a relationship and communicative about his intentions. healthy, affectionate, intelligent, funny, interested in everything...(like me) attractive enough for me to feel physical chemistry with him, and his temperament well matched to mine. Has the basics of being a responsible adult in order.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:07 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The whe just be confident thing is such bs..it doesn't make an unattractive guy attractive..if you're funny and confident but women don't find you physically appealing you're getting friendzoned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships