Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:00 AM

20 posts, read 30,173 times

Advertisements

No one can understand women's nature. It's really tough to know what they want from you. Sometimes they said "It's nothing between us" and sometimes they "I love you". It is far better to move on, when any girl tells you "We're done" as compare to waiting for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:13 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
You just have to play it by ear. Get caught having sex with another woman. Yeah, you're done. Leave 2 cases of empty beer cans and empty pizza boxes all over her living room after game night with the boys, she just needs to cool off for awhile.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
Many men heard their women said like, "We're done. Don't ever contact me again". However, often women change their mind and in an hour, in a week or in a month begin to regret about the things they said. The problem is most women don't have guts to say I'm sorry I said so. Even though they would like to be with that man again they can't show the initiative, they can't call first. They just sit and wait. Sit and wait when their ex call them to ask her to be together again. That's why many men don't give up when women say "we're done", they know she will change her mind soon. That's why they try to call, text, write, meet to suggest to start all over again. In most cases this persistence does pay off. In some cases though women feel they are pestered by some maniacs who can't forget about them. They say a huge definitive No thousand times yet the man still persists. So, they don't know how to get rid of their ex.

The question is how to understand when a woman really means it, that there is no way she agrees to be together again. What level of persistence is normal and over the top?
Perhaps a slap, a strong word or name that follows the phrase, 'we are done!'

Restraining order...She gets her CCW after the break up.

Anything along those lines may be a good indicator she means it.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:08 AM

432 posts, read 361,937 times
Quote:
Many men heard their women said like, "We're done. Don't ever contact me again". However, often women change their mind and in an hour, in a week or in a month begin to regret about the things they said.
Women can feel one thing one second and another the next. Listen to her actions not her words.

Quote:
The problem is most women don't have guts to say I'm sorry I said so. Even though they would like to be with that man again they can't show the initiative, they can't call first. They just sit and wait. Sit and wait when their ex call them to ask her to be together again. That's why many men don't give up when women say "we're done", they know she will change her mind soon. That's why they try to call, text, write, meet to suggest to start all over again. In most cases this persistence does pay off. In some cases though women feel they are pestered by some maniacs who can't forget about them. They say a huge definitive No thousand times yet the man still persists. So, they don't know how to get rid of their ex.
Discipline pays off here, what she is doing is testing if you can walk away from her. It's a simple response to either one of these situations, do your own thing until she contacts you. A man in center can out-wait anyone so long as he is involved with his passion/drive.

Quote:
The question is how to understand when a woman really means it, that there is no way she agrees to be together again. What level of persistence is normal and over the top?
Listen to her actions not her words.

So if a women tells you she hates your guys and doesn't want to see you again, and then she starts hitting you up a week later... What does that communicate? Well logically it would mean she "doesn't know what she wants." Now in regards to attraction, it means that she is testing your strength. Her actions are also saying that she is interested.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:47 PM

246 posts, read 387,671 times
Quote:
Many men heard their women said like, "We're done. Don't ever contact me again". However, often women change their mind and in an hour, in a week or in a month begin to regret about the things they said. The problem is most women don't have guts to say I'm sorry I said so. Even though they would like to be with that man again they can't show the initiative, they can't call first. They just sit and wait. Sit and wait when their ex call them to ask her to be together again. That's why many men don't give up when women say "we're done", they know she will change her mind soon. That's why they try to call, text, write, meet to suggest to start all over again. In most cases this persistence does pay off. In some cases though women feel they are pestered by some maniacs who can't forget about them. They say a huge definitive No thousand times yet the man still persists. So, they don't know how to get rid of their ex.

In the words of Maya Angelou,"When people show you who they are, believe them." It's a good idea to accept that done means done.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
This is a truth that only someone who has been single a while will tell you. When a man or a woman finds that certain someone to love and be loved by in return...it might be a good idea to show some humility and some gratitude.and loyalty to that person. Some of it was luck. It really didn't have to turn out so wonderfully, you know. You had a stroke of good luck and met a decent mate, so don't let your head go off in La-La Land thinking that you found someone to love you because you're oh-so-wonderful. Sometimes when you start thinking you got the person because you're so great yourself, you start treating your partner like an option. And if your partner has any maturity and half a backbone, they will do something to show you that you are NOT their only option. No one is THAT great. Don't toy with people's minds or emotions. Then you don't have to worry about a falling out and having to wonder if you and the person are really done.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
This is a truth that only someone who has been single a while will tell you. When a man or a woman finds that certain someone to love and be loved by in return...it might be a good idea to show some humility and some gratitude.and loyalty to that person. Some of it was luck. It really didn't have to turn out so wonderfully, you know. You had a stroke of good luck and met a decent mate, so don't let your head go off in La-La Land thinking that you found someone to love you because you're oh-so-wonderful. Sometimes when you start thinking you got the person because you're so great yourself, you start treating your partner like an option. And if your partner has any maturity and half a backbone, they will do something to show you that you are NOT their only option. No one is THAT great. Don't toy with people's minds or emotions. Then you don't have to worry about a falling out and having to wonder if you and the person are really done.
That's so funny you wrote this. I was just talking with a girlfriend I haven't seen since college. She had married her college boyfriend and he had been hot stuff back then. (20 years and 75 pounds ago!)

So he had started looking around at other women and taking her for granted. He went on dating sites etc... With old photos. It was so bad that she finally gave him permission to cheat with a younger woman. She told him that if he could get a woman to sleep with him on a guys trip he had a free pass. The trip didn't work out like he thought, and he figured out that his wife was wonderful. I think he thought women would throw themselves at him, and he was shocked when they didn't. College dating is very different from grown up dating.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
"We are done. . . . . . . "

I heard that once and she actually made decisions with her life that led me to believe we were in fact done.

Eleven long years went by, and we did not speak to each other, see each other and did not know what we were doing with our lives while apart.

Through a random act of fate, she ran into an old mutual friend of ours and she asked her if she had my number.

And that same day over a decade later, she called and within a few minutes started crying and said she should have never got married, admitted to ruining what we had together so long ago and said she spent the last eleven years still loving me.

We got back together - causing two divorces (both of ours) and things last for a year and a half. A lot happened during that period of time and eventually. . . . . . .

She said we are done (again).

At least until next time.

It's never over.

Round III should be interesting.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 AM

8 posts, read 7,088 times
My suggestion is first and foremost give her time to cool down, then pay her a visit, read her body language, if she is missed you, or wants further communication you will know.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:28 PM

284 posts, read 340,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
"We are done. . . . . . . "

I heard that once and she actually made decisions with her life that led me to believe we were in fact done.

Eleven long years went by, and we did not speak to each other, see each other and did not know what we were doing with our lives while apart.

Through a random act of fate, she ran into an old mutual friend of ours and she asked her if she had my number.

And that same day over a decade later, she called and within a few minutes started crying and said she should have never got married, admitted to ruining what we had together so long ago and said she spent the last eleven years still loving me.

We got back together - causing two divorces (both of ours) and things last for a year and a half. A lot happened during that period of time and eventually. . . . . . .

She said we are done (again).

At least until next time.

It's never over.

Round III should be interesting.
At least you have a sense of humor in all this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships