Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 10:38 PM

8,915 posts, read 7,658,823 times

Advertisements

If that is your preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 PM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Not true, and I like thin women as much as the next guy, but stereotypes like this should be done away with. Just because a person (woman, man, whoever) is skinny doesn't mean they don't eat much food. They might eat like a horse but have a freaky fast metabolism, or worry all their weight off themselves. Also, healthy food tends to be more expensive (unfortunately).
LOL, A guy can't make jokes without people going all aspie and literal on ya......

Old 07-27-2014, 11:11 PM

457 posts, read 601,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, A guy can't make jokes without people going all aspie and literal on ya......
It may have caused a laugh, but the more often jokes like that are made (whether it was a joke or not) the more it gets ingrained in people's heads.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,556,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If jokes about fat people aren't allowed, then jokes about skinny people aren't allowed either.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,617,896 times
if you like skinny women(why i dont know they always look like they could break easily to me), then go after skinny women. me i prefer my women to have a little meat on the bones. especially when its distributed around to make the lady in question have some nice curves to play with.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,855,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Yeah, I'm tall and skinny. And want a skinny girl but the only girls who are ever into me are fat girls.
Try places like gyms and avoid places like Wal-Mart.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,952,945 times
Quote:
*And by skinny I don't mean hot. I simply mean skinny.

So it this asking too much? Are my standards too high by only wanting a skinny girl?
You want what you want but are you going to keep her after she has children and gains a few pounds?
Then when she hits menopause age and gains a few more pounds?
Are you going to stick around if she gets some sort of illness or disease that causes weight gain from the medication she is required to take?
Are you going to stay skinny as well and not get a beer gut?

Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,855,663 times
Oddly I think Simon is the universal name for guys who make fun of fat women. I once sat and drank with several people and one was named Simon. His targets of ridicule were George W Bush and fat women.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:36 AM

28,225 posts, read 36,688,530 times
Quote:
*And by skinny I don't mean hot. I simply mean skinny.

So it this asking too much? Are my standards too high by only wanting a skinny girl?
No, preferences are only a problem when you throw the people who don't meet your preferences under the bus along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
Nope. If you live an active / healthy lifestyle, you want to be able to make sure they can keep up. That's my opinion on the subject.

Now, before you beat me down for it, I know that all skinny girls aren't active and healthy. But all healthy and active girls are likely to be skinny.
Skinny and active are not the same thing. I know "skinny" people who are super active. And other ones whose primary activity is watching TV. If you want someone who is "active" then make active dates or start scoping your favorite activity for dates, but don't assume that because someone is size slim they are also size fit.

Skinny is typically a euphemism for thin with no visible muscle tone. Not exactly the same thing as athletic.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:37 AM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times
Why is this even a question? Nobody has to date anyone they aren't attracted to. Big girls can like you and Skinny girls don't owe you a date either so whatever.

When you meet someone you like and who likes you that will be your new standard. Maybe she'll be skinny, maybe she won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships