Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 09:03 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,395,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
For a second I thought I was in the Relationships Forums..

This is a forum about aviation, isn't it? I'm not sure why it was created here.. If I wanted to talk about a relationship with a woman I like (regardless of what her career is) or get advice on such matters, I would not post it on a public forum like this. I'd talk to my own friends, or the woman I'm involved with.
Agreed. Hopefully a mod moves it or locks it.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:42 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,182,291 times
Quote:

This is a forum about aviation, isn't it? I'm notsure why it was created here..

You need to take a look at the OP's other posts and decide whether you want to take this thread seriously in any forum...

Old 08-03-2014, 12:18 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,946,607 times
are you one of these women who thinks every guy wants to sleep with them ? and every woman wants to be them ? Judging from your other posts seems like you are .

Old 08-04-2014, 04:21 AM

101 posts, read 211,093 times
Actually, we're not interested in joining the Mile High Club. We're waiting until marriage but that is too far away. Besides, for pilots, this is an exceptional violation classified in human factors in aviation. Thing is people would have no idea what a PPL is and has litte gist of what a pilot schedule would be like. I have seen a thread here about a flight attendant wanting to date a pilot and she was never criticised for it! Now we have a student pilot asking about dating a student pilot and this makes it any less 'aviation'?

Old 08-04-2014, 07:12 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,395,127 times
Relationships

Old 08-17-2014, 02:18 AM

2,492 posts, read 2,707,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganPilot View Post
Greetings, thanks for reading this thread. I am a student pilot doing a Bachelors degree of aviation where they cover my PPL, CPL and ATPL. From my own perspective, I have a particular disliking towards male pilots, as they are mostly egoistical, sexist and condescending pigs. Most of my class consists of men (95%) and they all of them act just like that. However, I have met another student pilot online that threw me out of the window with his respectful, gentlemanly and kind behaviour. He admires and respects female pilots, and did not attempt to criticise female pioneers like Amelia Earhart and Nancy Bird. In the long term, I am not sure how things will go. He calls me sweetie all the time and said he would be disappointed if I only wanted a friendship. Is he a keeper? Pilots, even students, have a reputation for being a player. Should I give him a chance and see how things go, perhaps going flying together? It's pretty rare to see a pilot/pilot couple as male pilots usually go for nurses, school teachers or flight attendants to feed their ego. In the future, I am concerned our flight schedules may clash and we won't be seeing each other much.

This is too funny. Obviously everyone had their own personality. To stereotype all male pilots as all being the same is insane.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 AM

71 posts, read 86,722 times
I'm married to a commercial pilot, and can tell you that you are clueless. My son is 16, and training to be a pilot. I can not hope that neither ever fly with you. I'm a nurse though. For the record, he strokes MY ego.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:45 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,251,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganPilot View Post
Greetings, thanks for reading this thread. I am a student pilot doing a Bachelors degree of aviation where they cover my PPL, CPL and ATPL. From my own perspective, I have a particular disliking towards male pilots, as they are mostly egoistical, sexist and condescending pigs. Most of my class consists of men (95%) and they all of them act just like that. However, I have met another student pilot online that threw me out of the window with his respectful, gentlemanly and kind behaviour. He admires and respects female pilots, and did not attempt to criticise female pioneers like Amelia Earhart and Nancy Bird. In the long term, I am not sure how things will go. He calls me sweetie all the time and said he would be disappointed if I only wanted a friendship. Is he a keeper? Pilots, even students, have a reputation for being a player. Should I give him a chance and see how things go, perhaps going flying together? It's pretty rare to see a pilot/pilot couple as male pilots usually go for nurses, school teachers or flight attendants to feed their ego. In the future, I am concerned our flight schedules may clash and we won't be seeing each other much.
Ummm....you might want to watch your tone and your ASSumption that pilots marrying nurses are somehow superior to them. FTR, I am a lot more educated than my husband is. He knows it, too.

I married an airline pilot and he is definitely NOT a player. However the same cannot be said for several of his pilot friends lol

Old 09-09-2014, 02:46 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,251,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC Nurse View Post
I'm married to a commercial pilot, and can tell you that you are clueless. My son is 16, and training to be a pilot. I can not hope that neither ever fly with you. I'm a nurse though. For the record, he strokes MY ego.
Yep. Fellow Nurse here also married to an airline pilot

Old 09-09-2014, 02:51 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,389,201 times
A relationship with a pilot, I would imagine, is filled with lots of ups and downs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships