Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:14 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

This is going to be the complete opposite of the typical "wrong guy" thread, but here goes nothing...

I chronically date Mr right...for every woman but me.
  • wants to get married
  • wants to have kids
  • super close to family
  • genuinely good guys

I am going through another difficult spell with a man I am dating who, per usual, has the same characteristics.

I have thought about this, and while on the surface level it seems I am picking them to fill some void in my own life, I don't want to change. Idk where to find men who don't want or have the above-mentioned list. I think I may not actually be attracted to the men who doesn't want/have the above-mentioned items. The last 5 bf's I've had have prescribed to the same formula.

Idk how to break this cycle. I tend to be the in-between girl that makes the guy realize what he REALLY wants (not me) and the next girl he dates he marries, or I just break them period.

Does the good guy exist that doesn't want/have a, b or c?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
I don't know what your age range is in dating, but I know you are somewhat on the younger side. You may need to date older men who are already secure in themselves and what they want out of a relationship.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
You want a genuinely bad guy?

Or ones just a little less "nice"?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I don't know what your age range is in dating, but I know you are somewhat on the younger side. You may need to date older men who are already secure in themselves and what they want out of a relationship.
I'm 28. Dating in the 27-30 range.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:19 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
I hope you find the answer to this because it's been my problem too. I keep meeting men who are "done with dating" and "Ready to settle down." I am just getting out there again and want to keep it light and have fun. It's frustrating.

Maybe it's the universe playing cruel tricks on us. Pair up commitment-minded men with non-commitment minded women and commitment-minded women with non-commitment minded men, lol. Man alive the universe is a jerk.

I look forward to answers.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
So you don't want to get married
You don't want kids
You don't want to meet or hang out with his family?

I'm confused.

You basically want a FWB relationship?

I mean, you don't want the things a relationship brings.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You want a genuinely bad guy?

Or ones just a little less "nice"?
Genuinely nice. Doesn't want kids or marriage, or a have close relationship with family.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:20 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Maybe there is a golden age where this happens. My experience is with men in their 40s and even early 50s... most are divorced and seem to want to settle down again.

Or maybe find men in that age-range who have never been married... that's an idea. they are hard to find, but they are out there.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
So you don't want to get married
You don't want kids
You don't want to meet or hang out with his family?

I'm confused.

You basically want a FWB relationship?

I mean, you don't want the things a relationship brings.
I am very committed in a LTR. I am looking for someone who is a partner but doesn't need all the pomp and circumstance. I do want to live with someone...eventually.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
You can start by dating guys who go around yelling "I dont believe in marriage"', "Marriage is just a piece of paper", "I'm never getting married again", "Why get married?" or some such variation.

It does absolutely nothing to tell men what you want or don't want if they don't already know what they want or don't want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships