Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
I likED him for 5 minutes. Then I saw him for who he was - a self-centered, self-absorbed rude d-bag.

He goes on about being single but I want to tell him I see exactly why he is!! The ONLY person he cares about is himself and will only do what benefits him.

The problem is the MANY MANY girls that chase him are basically condoning his behavior and making it ok. I am not that person and I think he sees that.
Exactly and he doesn't like the fact that you saw it and actually nipped it in the bud rather than being a pawn in his game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 09:29 AM

416 posts, read 395,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Women are attracted to self confidence. Sounds like this man is. It also sounds like he expects women to fall all over him, and this helps his self confidence. When you said you just wanted to be group friends, that rocked his boat a little bit.

Thats why women chase after a man like that. And they always will, because there is a thin line between self confidence and being cocky.

I can tell you this, from reading your posts, you are cocky and self confident as well. That is a major turn off or turn on for some men. You state how good you perceive yourself on the field, but I never heard sweetness or MJ talking about how great they were, they just let everyone else do that, and let the play do the talking.

Sounds like y'all are both type A personalities, and two type A folks don't get along very well in a relationship, because you're always trying to one up the other person.
Haha, I'm very confident in my ability to play ball but please don't think I go around bragging about it.

I may have overly stated it on here because typically girls aren't that awesome at sports. And I can't show you guys me ability through the computer screen. I usually let me skill set speak on the field.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:39 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
I agree with the poster that said it sounds like he wanted a quick hookup and when that didn't happen and you were cool about it, he got mad. I'd stay on the softball team but get off the football team.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I agree with the poster that said it sounds like he wanted a quick hookup and when that didn't happen and you were cool about it, he got mad. I'd stay on the softball team but get off the football team.
Don't you think though, if he wanted a quick hook-up, he would have sleeped with me when he stayed at my house? I think he just likes to play games.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Don't you think though, if he wanted a quick hook-up, he would have sleeped with me when he stayed at my house? I think he just likes to play games.

No. I think he wanted to establish some sort of friendly relationship first and then slip into a FWB relationship. I think he was feeling you out first. Sounds like that's part of his game. He flirts, feels out girls to see how much they're into him and sees if he can get away with a FWB relationship but tells the girls to keep it on the down low, as to not disrupt the "team dynamics". I wouldn't be surprised if he and the other girl got something going on but they're playing the "hush hush" game.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
No. I think he wanted to establish some sort of friendly relationship first and then slip into a FWB relationship. I think he was feeling you out first. Sounds like that's part of his game. He flirts, feels out girls to see how much they're into him and sees if he can get away with a FWB relationship but tells the girls to keep it on the down low, as to not disrupt the "team dynamics". I wouldn't be surprised if he and the other girl got something going on but they're playing the "hush hush" game.
They don't. I'm 100% sure of this. They have never been physical. He just uses her for the benefits she offers like texting her pictures of the outfit he is planning on wearing for a date or getting her to help plan the date or crashing at her place after a night out on the town with other females.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
They don't. I'm 100% sure of this. They have never been physical. He just uses her for the benefits she offers like texting her pictures of the outfit he is planning on wearing for a date or getting her to help plan the date or crashing at her place after a night out on the town with other females.
Good grief..really? LOL..and she knows he's not into her? Maybe you can shake some sense into her!

Old 08-12-2014, 11:43 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I agree with this ^^^. I think he was "grooming" you and got pissy when you decided you weren't going to follow his plan.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Good grief..really? LOL..and she knows he's not into her? Maybe you can shake some sense into her!
Apparently everyone has tried. Its actually really pathetic.

The stories I've heard are ridiculous. She told me Sunday that she told him she wanted to make-out and he flat out told her no. Our other friend told me that if he calls and they are in a group setting, she will leave the group for 30mins-hour to talk. Any favor he asks of her, she does it.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Apparently everyone has tried. Its actually really pathetic.

The stories I've heard are ridiculous. She told me Sunday that she told him she wanted to make-out and he flat out told her no. Our other friend told me that if he calls and they are in a group setting, she will leave the group for 30mins-hour to talk. Any favor he asks of her, she does it.
I think she is lying to you. She is doing what he asked her to, keeping it on the down-low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships