Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 10:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
That's the truth. Online you can have criteria and then begin to dwindle it down. Also, you have a higher number of people available in front of you. Out in public it doesn't always equate to a high number of availability. Race is one of those things I notice first. If there's 10 women available, there's a good chance 5 aren't going to be interested in dating a black male. Of the 5 remaining, 2 I'm already likely not interested in. The remaining 3 is just a toss up. If I was a white male in my area I would have a better success rate. Even what I've heard from my white female friends is that I accept you just fine, but there's members of my family that would have a hard time. They've even admitted that not only is dating their own race easier, but it's widely available for them. Family is big in my area and no one wants to tick off the distant cousin twice removed!
Yeah, with race there's not much you can do about it, but becoming rich and famous always seems to work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
All those guys look decent to me except for the balding one.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yeah, with race there's not much you can do about it, but becoming rich and famous always seems to work!
Public notoriety definitely changes the situation.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:37 AM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
Quote:
All those guys look decent to me except for the balding one.
Exactly.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Exactly.
"Decent" as in above average, so if you're telling me that the Average Spanish Joe looks like Gerard Pique, you're confirming that their "average" is more attractive than America's.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:55 AM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
Quote:
"Decent" as in above average, so if you're telling me that the Average Spanish Joe looks like Gerard Pique, you're confirming that their "average" is more attractive than America's.
OMG I show you a pic of 10 guys to give you example and you pic the best looking one to argue about.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
OMG I show you a pic of 10 guys to give you example and you pic the best looking one to argue about.
It's hard to tell from just the photo, but I think the two on the left (front row and back row) are more attractive than him. I just singled him out because he was the only one I knew by name.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:01 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
You do realize you're using a photo of professional athletes which are, of course, more attractive than the norm almost by definition, right?

It is as silly as using celebrities for any type of relationship comparison.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:40 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,414,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
That's the truth. Online you can have criteria and then begin to dwindle it down. Also, you have a higher number of people available in front of you. Out in public it doesn't always equate to a high number of availability. Race is one of those things I notice first. If there's 10 women available, there's a good chance 5 aren't going to be interested in dating a black male. Of the 5 remaining, 2 I'm already likely not interested in. The remaining 3 is just a toss up. If I was a white male in my area I would have a better success rate. Even what I've heard from my white female friends is that I accept you just fine, but there's members of my family that would have a hard time. They've even admitted that not only is dating their own race easier, but it's widely available for them. Family is big in my area and no one wants to tick off the distant cousin twice removed!
But statistically, it's well known that there are hugely more single black women than single black men. In this day & age there's no reason to tell people that they can't date someone of another race, but at the same time, being in a minority group certainly gives people something in common. But then maybe the issue is that black women aren't as likely to be doing online dating as black men are?

Besides, it's not as if the white guys are saying the women are rushing into their arms, either.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
But statistically, it's well known that there are hugely more single black women than single black men. In this day & age there's no reason to tell people that they can't date someone of another race, but at the same time, being in a minority group certainly gives people something in common. But then maybe the issue is that black women aren't as likely to be doing online dating as black men are?

Besides, it's not as if the white guys are saying the women are rushing into their arms, either.
In my area, there's a very small amount of black women. I'd say for every 50 white women, there's maybe 2-3 black women. Very true that most black women don't do online dating. Way more black men dabble in online dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships