Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:41 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,300 times

Advertisements

you could attract different type of women such as hookers and gold diggers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 AM

113 posts, read 113,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
...but what I want to add is that you don't do all of that stuff and buy all of those things just to be a big shot and show off, you do it because you have the means to and it's all an extension of who you are and your overall plan for life. Point in case...I'm getting that Mustang because I love that vehicle's history and everything about it. I didn't buy it to impress girls or to show off, I bought it because it's an extension of my personality and who I am. I grew up with them in my family and there's a lot of meaning there and it's not just some dumb toy to run around and show off with. Same thing with my house, my career, what I wear, what I do for hobbies, and where I go for fun. All of it is just an extension of who I am and THAT is what attracts women and dates; it's that you can show a lot of who you are through your life that you've pieced together.

If all of what you have makes you happy and confident, then you'll attract other people. If all of that stuff is just for show and gratification, then it won't really make a difference. Maybe you still need to work on tieing together your image and figuring out what all of that nice stuff and all of those cool people and places really mean when it comes to who you are and why you're what you've become? You have a good disposition, maybe the rest will just come to you on its own.

It's more about FEELING put together and happy...which leads to confidence, which leads to having an aura, which leads to people wanting to meet you and be around you.

I agree 100% with this and I think I do what you're talking about

I am happy with my life and grateful for everything i have

Old 08-13-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
you could attract different type of women such as hookers and gold diggers.

no thanks jeff lol

Old 08-13-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I took it to mean he'd had more to drink than would have allowed him to come across well. Hopefully it didn't mean he just lacked confidence. He finally gets approached by a woman he'd actually like to talk to, and he can't muster the confidence? No, it must have been he was afraid the alcohol would start talking, instead of him.

no it was because I usually cannot come across as cool and confident around attractive single women (tend to come across as needy/desperate) and it drives me up the fuking wall with frustration

I hate that in myself. I hate that I can't just talk to a bunch of women with no agenda and let the dating thing happen naturally

Old 08-13-2014, 06:45 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I was virtually broke, living in a dorm room when I met my wife. That was the way I spent most of my college years, and I had plenty of dates. OP is right. Money doesn't matter.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I was virtually broke, living in a dorm room when I met my wife. That was the way I spent most of my college years, and I had plenty of dates. OP is right. Money doesn't matter.

preach on brotha

I have a friend who I used to hang out with all the time - dude had absolutely NOTHING, worked a dead end job, drove an old beat up car, had no interest in ever really doing anything serious in terms of a career, no college degree, no place to live (lived with different friends). He had one attractive girlfriend after another after another

Old 08-13-2014, 06:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Low six figures /= money. People earning (at least where I've lived) 100k 150k 200k are a dime a dozen.

Yes, that doesn't make a big difference. People see it when they see the really well off with beautiful people that they think are well outside their range looks wise.

I make less now than I did 10 years ago due to a career change. Almost everyone I date makes 50%+ more than me. I do ok at dating (not great/not bad). It is only a factor if you let it be.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Low six figures /= money. People earning (at least where I've lived) 100k 150k 200k are a dime a dozen.

LOL, people earning 100K are in the top 3-5% of the country. Under the age of 40, it's more like top 1%

I'm not saying that I'm super rich whatsoever and I'm not asking for people to call me super rich but to say that making 150K is routine is ignorant as all hell. The avg income in this country is 30-40K for god's sake

Old 08-13-2014, 07:11 AM

898 posts, read 937,877 times
Truth be told, anyone who starts a thread boasting about how awesome they are but how much they struggle with this aspect of their life I would just assume is socially awkward or weird IRL.

I don't drive a fancy car, I'm probably pretty average in the looks department, I make alright money (not in the six figures), and I don't have nearly this much trouble interacting with people of the opposite sex. I mean, these might not be the cream of the crop, but they're decent enough. I just met a girl last night at a Meetup as a matter of fact. She wasn't super fit, but she was cute and we had a pretty good convo for much of the night.

Maybe you need to lower your expectations for the time being until you start having more success.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony7X View Post
LOL, people earning 100K are in the top 3-5% of the country. Under the age of 40, it's more like top 1%

I'm not saying that I'm super rich whatsoever and I'm not asking for people to call me super rich but to say that making 150K is routine is ignorant as all hell. The avg income in this country is 30-40K for god's sake

I said where I lived. Heck, the majority of my friends here aren't managers or in supervisory roles and they're making 100k+. Both nurses I know make more than 100k, one over 125k.

In some places that's a really good salary. Other places, like Boston and San Francisco, it is firmly middle class. And most people I date (including the person I'm dating now) make 100k+ and I considerably less due to my career choice, but the money has never, ever been an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships