Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:46 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

I am a male, so there is literally no downside for going to a club alone. Same applies to bars and/or other establishments build around the business of attracting females for profits.

(Assuming I am single)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 02:39 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Id advise against it, especially if you're a dude

Old 08-13-2014, 02:42 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I know we have discussed whether you would go to a bar alone on this forum, but what about a club?

I have been thinking of doing some travelling alone and I was talking with someone yesterday about a trip they just got back from. I asked them what there was to do at night and they said "go to the many clubs". I imagined being there by myself and asked myself if I could go to a club alone as a female.

I think I could go to dinner or a bar alone, but I don't know about a club. Although I would like to go, I'd have to work really harder to convince myself to do that. lol

What about you? Can you go to a club alone? (you know no one)
I could go to a club alone, but I'm a male. At the same time, I do imagine I would be looked at weirdly, but I shouldn't care about that.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:58 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Id advise against it, especially if you're a dude
Funny, because I imagine if I was a dude, I'd prefer to go alone. I'm sure I'd like "working" alone better.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:03 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times
I did once and the main benefit was that I spent less on drinks (no buying other people rounds). That was years ago when I was 26 or 27. I would usually stick close to the bar and talk to the staff.

It's better to go with someone if your goal is to meet someone else. I'm a little old for clubs now. Is 31 too old for them? idk, I haven't been since I was 29 in any case and was never very successful at them anyway. Usually what would happen was I'd blow $100 on overpriced drinks and regret it later.

At my age now I really don't give a damn about doing things alone if I want to do them. I love music and theater and will go to a show or concert alone. F*** other people if I can't find someone to go with me.

I can see how it would be different for a woman. They usually have the safety in numbers thing going on and a solo woman probably would attract unwanted attention.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:13 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Would and have. I don't wait around for life to happen, I make it happen. If friends are busy, I don't use that as an excuse to stay home. I've had some amazing times and met some amazing people going out by myself. The girl I recently started seeing was due to me going to a club a month ago by myself because I had nothing to do. Can't even tell you how glad I am I didn't stay home that night.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:21 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
In my younger days when i would go clubbing i would prefer to go alone because i didn't have an audience to watch me chase girls. Although i also enjoyed going with women. One hot girl i knew would ask guys to buy her a drink and then she would give it to me. That was fun.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:29 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't even want to go to the club with a date or in a group. I definitely have no desire to go alone.

Going to a pub alone? A cafe alone? A restaurant alone? Sure.

But I don't like clubs, alone or accompanied. Just not my thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
At my age now I really don't give a damn about doing things alone if I want to do them. I love music and theater and will go to a show or concert alone. F*** other people if I can't find someone to go with me.

I can see how it would be different for a woman. They usually have the safety in numbers thing going on and a solo woman probably would attract unwanted attention.
Agree with the above. Cafe, restaurant, theater, concert, major league baseball game? Yeah, they're more fun with others but I'd go alone-just went to a game by myself, in fact. But I'm not a club person in general and I think my discomfort in being there in the first place would show. On the other hand, I'm usually pretty invisible in public settings, so I'd probably be safe.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:34 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I did once and the main benefit was that I spent less on drinks (no buying other people rounds). That was years ago when I was 26 or 27. I would usually stick close to the bar and talk to the staff.

It's better to go with someone if your goal is to meet someone else. I'm a little old for clubs now. Is 31 too old for them? idk, I haven't been since I was 29 in any case and was never very successful at them anyway. Usually what would happen was I'd blow $100 on overpriced drinks and regret it later.

I'm certainly too old, but If I'm on vacation, I might enjoy people-watching there at night once or twice. I'm a big people watcher.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:07 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
A music club to see bands? Yes, do it all the time.

A dance club? No, I don't dance.
Same here. I go to see live music all the time. I often go to one or two shows a week, and yes I do it by myself. Finding women who like the same kind of music I like is difficult. I haven't been to a dance club since I was in college over 25 years ago. I hate the music they play and I never had any success at all meeting women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships