Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 12:33 PM

663 posts, read 777,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Why do you have a hard time believing that?

I will soon be divorced after a 22-year marriage. In my case (and I know mine isn't that unusual), I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will be less lonely single than I was married.

Of course, it helps that I'm not at all afraid to be alone, and that's because my marriage, ironically, was a good training ground for it. I felt completely alone through much of my marriage, so being a once-again single woman won't make a bit of difference.
So you no longer date then?

You are much happier single and not seeing anyone vs seeing someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 12:36 PM

364 posts, read 370,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Your first option is how I've always done things, but some people say even THAT is wrong.

Regardless, by saying "we can talk when you're ready" you've put the ball in her court, now.
Well those guys are morons and that is not taught in game

Old 08-15-2014, 12:50 PM

36,494 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
That is not contradiction. Failing in marriage does not mean that person would have been happier single. They just chose the wrong mate or whatever reason their marriage failed. Women are hard wired to want relationships. I have a hard time believing the twice divorced spinsters and never married spinsters with 3 cats are truly happy being alone.
Well sure it is. You say 70% of women file for divorce. Why would they file if they are happy? So 70% of married women are unhappy. Then you say single women are unhappy because you cant believe they could be happy although several women posters have stated such and census data shows (1990) that ~38% of divorced women remarry, about 20% less than men. This would indicate they are happy being single.

And for the record, I am not a spinster. I am twice divorced and happier than I was during most of my two marriages. This is because I did not have good marriages. Would I be happy if by some chance I found Mr. Right, probably but the odds are slim to none. I am perfectly happy single, yes. Im not sure why that is so hard to believe. I know several women divorced or widowed that have no intention of ever remarrying because they are very happy being single.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:53 PM

364 posts, read 370,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well sure it is. You say 70% of women file for divorce. Why would they file if they are happy? So 70% of married women are unhappy. Then you say single women are unhappy because you cant believe they could be happy although several women posters have stated such and census data shows (1990) that ~38% of divorced women remarry, about 20% less than men. This would indicate they are happy being single.

And for the record, I am not a spinster. I am twice divorced and happier than I was during most of my two marriages. This is because I did not have good marriages. Would I be happy if by some chance I found Mr. Right, probably but the odds are slim to none. I am perfectly happy single, yes. Im not sure why that is so hard to believe. I know several women divorced or widowed that have no intention of ever remarrying because they are very happy being single.
70% of women do not file for divorce. 70% of divorces are filed by women. There is a difference and I never claimed the former. You can't jump to 70% of married women are unhappy with this statistic because that would require a 100% divorce rate.

Don't put words, or arguments, in my mouth

Old 08-15-2014, 12:59 PM

663 posts, read 777,746 times
Quote:

Are you happy seeing no one at the moment or just happy that you are not married to anyone?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Are you happy seeing no one at the moment or just happy that you are not married to anyone?
I am happy I am seeing no one. Actually my nephew was going on about how I should be dating and I said Fudge that. Now a little humpalumpadingdong now and again.......

Old 08-15-2014, 01:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
So you no longer date then?

You are much happier single and not seeing anyone vs seeing someone?
I've been on a few casual dates, but, no, I'm not in any kind of a relationship, and yes, I'm FAR less lonely. In fact, I'm no longer lonely at all.

That's not to say I wouldn't like to have one special guy in my life - I absolutely would - but not having one certainly didn't obstruct my decision to leave my marriage. And where I felt no hope or optimism regarding my personal life for many years (besides the hope my kids bring me), I now do feel optimism again.

So, based on my own experience, I have no trouble at all believing when a woman (or a man) says they are happier single than they were in a previous relationship. Because I know the kind of unhappiness they must have felt in those relationships.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
70% of women do not file for divorce. 70% of divorces are filed by women. There is a difference and I never claimed the former. You can't jump to 70% of married women are unhappy with this statistic because that would require a 100% divorce rate.

Don't put words, or arguments, in my mouth
Oh lord!
We spend pages explaining to you that filing and initiating were two different things. So now you are seeing the light. Good.

Never claimed otherwise?

"My opinion is that many women that get divorced spent their twenties chasing hot "bad boys" that would never commit. Finally they change up the type of guy they go after. A nicer, more stable, maybe not as physically attractive type. They marry. But he just doesn't create the attraction like the men of her past. He bored her, he doesn't turn her on. Attraction and desire cannot be forced or negotiated. With the lack of consequences for most women to blow up a marriage shell initiate because she's not haaaappppyyy, or to find herself or to go on vacation with her sexy boss.

I'm just confused to your stance on divorce and your leanings on the 70% file rate. To me it indicates 1. There are less consequences to a woman's life after the fact in divorce and 2. More women want out due to whatever reasons

But I disagree there are droves of men who want out but make or wait for the wife to file.

Show me statistics that say the men initiated and the women filed. The stats peaks for itself. stick with the stats. More women file, more women want out.

. But the same could be said for the 30% of men who file divorce right?"

Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
I am happy I am seeing no one. Actually my nephew was going on about how I should be dating and I said Fudge that. Now a little humpalumpadingdong now and again.......
I second that! A really good humpalumpadingdon would be VERY nice!

Now I'm gonna be thinking about sex for the rest of the day! Thanks a lot!

Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I second that! A really good humpalumpadingdon would be VERY nice!

Now I'm gonna be thinking about sex for the rest of the day! Thanks a lot!
Your welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships