Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 AM

364 posts, read 370,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
You don't have to support our opinions all of the time, but don't just dismiss them out of hand because we are women.

Unfortunately that is what the men in question in the OP do. They call us names and label us as entitled. That's no more fair than us saying that all men are jerks who think with their penises.
Hey, no name calling here. I respect and love women, but I do not buy into the victim mentality.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:28 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
The OP himself called me a prepubescent man boy for daring to lay out the fact that most people are not attractive. Sorry if that's not feel good enough for CD.

Instead of addressing my point, he proceded to compare me to Hitler. Lol you can't win
Honestly it is all mostly emotions and what not here and lots of opinions also some posters are more favored than others.

I have been called "manboy", "misogynist", "white knight" and all kinds of things that contradict each other depending on the conversation. It is all so subjective that even "non PC" arguments are not immune to it.

I will admit I didn't fully agree with what you said but the "manboy" comment was in bad taste.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:31 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Lol.

Watch it OP. You'll be labeled a white knight!

The truth is that I don't encounter men like this at all IRL. That leads me to believe that these boys are either Internet warriors or just not the type of person I would ordinarily associate with, anyway.

Also, the boys who are the most vocal with their misogyny are the ones who can't get dates to begin with. They hate women because they can't have them.
No, it might have to do with the annoyances they deal with from the opposite gender.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Hey, no name calling here. I respect and love women, but I do not buy into the victim mentality.
Same here.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Honestly it is all mostly emotions and what not here and lots of opinions also some posters are more favored than others.

I have been called "manboy", "misogynist", "white knight" and all kinds of things that contradict each other depending on the conversation. It is all so subjective that even "non PC" arguments are not immune to it.

I will admit I didn't fully agree with what you said but the "manboy" comment was in bad taste.
I agree I probably crossed a line with most of you aren't attractive. But it's this type of discussion that will get me to back track and admit error, or engage in honest open discussion about my opinion. Getting butthurt and attacking me not only kills threads, but allows for no real discussion. I feel some people don't want to see the other side of the coin anyways.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:39 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
The basic concept of feminism has nothing to do with frustration with or contempt for men. I'm not sure why "pro-feminist" is made to sound negative. Many feminist ideas and practices have greatly benefitted men too, and not as a coincidence. They are intended to benefit all.

The more elevated women are to a status of equal opportunity, the better partners they can be emotionally, intellectually, and even sexually. In Ancient cultures where women were shut in and highly segregated from men, who were in the public sphere, the less love and respect that existed on either side. They didn't share worlds and had nothing in common, to the point where love for a woman was seen as degrading as compared to love for another man or boy.

I can't see how moving away from those ideas, both in practices and feelings embedded into culture, is a bad thing.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:41 AM

898 posts, read 937,447 times
Quote:
Lol right? Passive aggressive to the max. Kill the derail.

I think a wider point can be evidenced here. OPs rep sky rocketed after this post. If you support women and their opinions the majority of the time while staying feel good and PC, you'll get your back patted by your anonymous friends.

Dare to have a non pc opinion or disagree with standard women are victims viewpoints, you'll get labeled any of the current man shaming buzzwords in a flash.
Maybe you should see my thread on Who Pays on First Dates. I DID take a less than popular stance on that and I still stand firm on what I believe with regards to that topic. This is not about me getting back pats from anonymous friends. And how's that song go?

...You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you, don't you?

But it's not. Even though I disagreed with you on another thread, this is completely unrelated.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
The basic concept of feminism has nothing to do with frustration with or contempt for men. I'm not sure why "pro-feminist" is made to sound negative. Many feminist ideas and practices have greatly benefitted men too, and not as a coincidence. They are intended to benefit all.

The more elevated women are to a status of equal opportunity, the better partners they can be emotionally, intellectually, and even sexually. In Ancient cultures where women were shut in and highly segregated from men, who were in the public sphere, the less love and respect that existed on either side. They didn't share worlds and had nothing in common, to the point where love for a woman was seen as degrading as compared to love for another man or boy.

I can't see how moving away from those ideas, both in practices and feelings embedded into culture, is a bad thing.
Where was feminism brought up on this thread?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
Maybe you should see my thread on Who Pays on First Dates. I DID take a less than popular stance on that and I still stand firm on what I believe with regards to that topic. This is not about me getting back pats from anonymous friends. And how's that song go?

...You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you, don't you?

But it's not. Even though I disagreed with you on another thread, this is completely unrelated.
Weird that the same names you called me were parroted here in your OP. But whatever.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:44 AM

898 posts, read 937,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I didn't call him a "manboy". Haha, although I do like the sound of it.

I said his comments came across as condescending, arrogant, and that it sounded like something a prepubescent little boy would say. He did indeed initiate by proclaiming that "Most of you (us) are not attractive" after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships