Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 11:21 PM

60 posts, read 131,170 times

Advertisements

I have never had bad sex with a person turn into good sex. I have however, had great sex turn into really really bad sex and I figured it was a cue the relationship was stale or maybe was at a dead-end. Great sex turned bad, for me, has always been an indicator that something was going wrong with the relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 11:27 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Honestly can't say I ever had bad sex. If you truly care / love each other , proper communication can usually take care of any problem.
My X wife is a prime example. She was 18 very inexperienced when we met , pretty uptight about sex. She came a long way in a short amount of time. I took it on as a challenge and it paid off.
Also , my advice to never tell someone they are bad a sex,
I agree with this.
I have to be really into the person and know them well before getting intimate..

Old 08-15-2014, 01:18 AM

20 posts, read 48,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

First-time awkwardness is completely different from straight-up bad sex, though.

Once you get over the jitters/nerves/self-consciousness/getting to know you, if what is left is continually, consistently bad, it cannot be fixed because you just are not a good match. It becomes in itself a turnoff.
Me and my BF went through that but now the sex is great and hard to believe he inexperienced some times.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:22 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,422 times
Since most of my sex has been one night stands, I would have to answer no. But with the girls I had relations with, the sex was always fair/good, but mostly because i liked them.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:12 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
No. Bad sex has been made into ok sex. Ok sex into good sex. But never bad sex into great sex. Bad sex (outside of drunken hookups) only seems to really happen when two people aren't compatible sexually, or one isn't in the least bit sensual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
They think the kind of sex I like is too messy!

I'm trying to picture how this could even be the case? As in "yes dear, you should invest in a waterproof mattress cover" messy? Well, huh, can't see that is being an issue.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I have never been successful in making a non-sexually compatible partner compatible with me. I tried telling them what I liked, heck even showing it to them directly, but some people just don't have the confidence to change up when you ask them to change the way they do things (they get offended that I didn't like it "their" way) or, and this is most common I think, just not perceptive enough.

I am also quite uninhibited and like it a bit on the aggressive side, but have been with very passive or self-conscious men, and that just is never going to work for me. Don't ask me if I'll get on top, scoop me up and put me there.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:44 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Whenever I see people posting that bad sex can be fixed by communication, I kind of figure they don't know what they are talking about. It's not like good sex involves learning specific physical skills. It's about mindset and preferences being compatible.

At least, for me. Is your experience different?

My experience is the same.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Bad sex? What's that?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Bad sex? What's that?
That when your mate asked if you want some supersex and you say I'll take the soup.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:57 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
I think if partners are willing to be open and communicate a lot of areas in the relationship can improve tremendously.
The key is being open and honest and freely showing or telling the other what is liked, disliked or will be compromised on.
This goes with other areas as well, not just the intimate part of your relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships