Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:45 AM

418 posts, read 559,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It's slightly different when you are a male though, some females will jump on an email close to Imrich@richierich.net
as not all women have good intentions.

An email is given out after you already connect via a site and chat for how ever long, so if you have a silly email like above would it matter at that point?

Not all women are saints but it's not so common for women to rape men or worse is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 05:21 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
You don't need a person's last name to google them. Just an email or phone number, or some unusual fact about them is sufficient.

I was once approached online by a man who was a magician as well as a lawyer. I literally googled "magician lawyer cityname" With that, I was able to find LOTS of online info about him, including the fact that he was in a wheelchair from a magic-show related accident (sounds funny but it wasn't), that he was 10 years older than he claimed (about 60), he was not yet divorced, and he had a 7 year old son. Definitely the most interesting background check I've ever done!

Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
My first and last name (maiden name, anyway, which was what would have applied when I was dating) are each among some of the most common in the country. Doing a google search for that name will guarantee you hours of sifting.

Signed, "Jane Smith"

Old 08-18-2014, 05:40 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
When they ask

Old 08-18-2014, 05:41 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
You don't need a person's last name to google them. Just an email or phone number, or some unusual fact about them is sufficient.

I was once approached online by a man who was a magician as well as a lawyer. I literally googled "magician lawyer cityname" With that, I was able to find LOTS of online info about him, including the fact that he was in a wheelchair from a magic-show related accident (sounds funny but it wasn't), that he was 10 years older than he claimed (about 60), he was not yet divorced, and he had a 7 year old son. Definitely the most interesting background check I've ever done!
I'm guessing it's much easier to find out info about a disabled magician lawyer online and have some assurance that it's the right person than it is to find accurate, reliable information on a guy where what you know is, say, that his name is Joe and he's a CPA.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
When they ask
Same here, though sometimes sooner. I have a unique last name, and not to sound like "that guy", but my date running a search on me will only help me.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
When they ask
Yes, I would have thought that was the correct answer or when I introduce myself. But then I have never done online dating and after reading these threads about it I never will. Heck I'm glad I'm not even dating because this chit is just crazy.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes, I would have thought that was the correct answer or when I introduce myself. But then I have never done online dating and after reading these threads about it I never will. Heck I'm glad I'm not even dating because this chit is just crazy.

It's only crazy for some, those some I suspect, well nevermind. It is so popular because it is successful. Most of the people I know in couples met through OLD. Though the two married couples that are friends on mine that had children the last year were bar hookups that kept on going, and that notion is also looked down upon here.

While bad OL dates happen, I and most people I know found them to be exceedingly rare. That is why they are news/stories. What you're reading here are the bad stories, you don't hear about the majority which are perfectly fine (even if there is no connection, which you would expect is the norm) or even good.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:55 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
kinda curious that in another thread, the OP went into all kinds of detail how they Googled
their first date (potential) and was able to positively ID their date of graduation
and fix their exact age. And I've heard some people do the full background check
and make sure their online (or offline) date is not married or wanted by the law.

But what struck me, is that I DONT share my last name until like the end of the third date.
I like the ritual of trading drivers licenses and making fun of each others' bad photo.
I usually find out their last name by Googling before I meet them. The rarely ask for mine, so they either did the same thing or they don't care to know.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:59 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
But what struck me, is that I DONT share my last name until like the end of the third date.
I like the ritual of trading drivers licenses and making fun of each others' bad photo.
Huh. I always thought the 3rd date was the sex date.

Trading drivers licenses...never done that! Can't say I've ever gone three dates without knowing who my date was, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships