Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 12:16 AM

113 posts, read 113,293 times

Advertisements

You're kidding right OP?

Why in god's green Earth would you want to be straight? Men are easier to deal with, are much more likely to have the exact same hobbies/interests, earn more money $$ (don't have to take time off for pregnancy) and gay dating is so much easier than straight dating. Gay dating is completely equal as well - none of this nonsense where a decent looking woman can post a profile online and have more suitors in 5 seconds than any straight guy could have in 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 12:20 AM

35 posts, read 59,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony7X View Post
You're kidding right OP?

Why in god's green Earth would you want to be straight? Men are easier to deal with, are much more likely to have the exact same hobbies/interests, earn more money $$ (don't have to take time off for pregnancy) and gay dating is so much easier than straight dating. Gay dating is completely equal as well - none of this nonsense where a decent looking woman can post a profile online and have more suitors in 5 seconds than any straight guy could have in 5 years.
Yeah you're probably right, I need to keep my options open. I'd like to find a man with similar interests, such as hunting, fishing, working out, living on a dirt road, etc.,

Old 08-18-2014, 12:22 AM

113 posts, read 113,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiebobPNW View Post
Yeah you're probably right, I need to keep my options open. I'd like to find a man with similar interests, such as hunting, fishing, working out, living on a dirt road, etc.,

several gay men have approached me at various places

They're always very nice and very flattering towards me. I have a lot of respect for the gay community because of that. I've gotten more attention from gay men than straight women by a big margin

Old 08-18-2014, 12:46 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,839,321 times
Quote:
Oh please! Your husband is definitely gay. I bet he is unhappy with you. I bet he cheats on you all the time, as do most men!

I have a clue what I'm doing. I have higher standards than you. Now hurry up and fix yourself a massive plate and stuff it all down your throat.
Im so confused OP. You post that women are bad and then you post that men are bad. Which one is it?

Most women are not Bi and most men dont cheat. You arent sure which way is up because it sounds like your family, church and society are telling you different things. If youre gay, be gay. if youre bi, be bi. If youre straight be that....Its one way, not picking a flavor of ice cream which can change with your mood.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:11 AM

432 posts, read 361,912 times
Quote:
I'm 26 and have always been attracted to men, I've never been with a man though. Not even once. Only been with a woman. I've never been in a relationship at all, no love, all alone, cold, blahhhh! I act straight, I'm a good looking "country boy" and no one knows anything about my interest. I keep it to myself. I workout, I live healthy, I mind my business, etc.,

I've been to the gay bars, and saw how problematic the lifestyle was, I tried to have other friends from that community and man did they bring me so much drama, I tried that scene out when I was 19 and removed myself from it. And no I didn't get with anyone, I was too picky. All of those "friends" from 2007 have all since passed away, as a result of the most common virus that plagues the community. Its sad. But they brought it upon themselves based upon their own choices.

I'm at this point where I'm now 26 and realizing that this fantasy that mainstream society is portraying the gay lifestyle as, isn't actually real. I never saw anyone settling down or trying to get married. Every dating site I tried for, no one was there for love/dates. SO I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING ME A WOMAN! A man cant give me kids, or commit or be loyal. All I ever saw was my female friends getting cheated on and crying, used, abused and treated poorly. I'm not a mean guy. I have no intentions of being hurt, I just want someone to spend my life with, have a family. So I guess I think women are safer? Unfortunately all I'm reading lately is that women cheat, lie, steal, blah, blah, blah, is this true? Should I be worried? And as for you women out there, I have a question, since I never dated or did anything with a man, should I tell my future GF that I am attracted to men? Or should I bury this as a piece of my past and move on? How would it make you ladies feel?
You seriously sound like a confused teenager. Dude, if you like men go after men and if you like women go after women. Don't let society or anyone else tell you to think, or do, that you enjoy.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:16 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
I'm 26 and have always been attracted to men, I've never been with a man though. Not even once. Only been with a woman. I've never been in a relationship at all, no love, all alone, cold, blahhhh! I act straight, I'm a good looking "country boy" and no one knows anything about my interest. I keep it to myself. I workout, I live healthy, I mind my business, etc.,

I've been to the gay bars, and saw how problematic the lifestyle was, I tried to have other friends from that community and man did they bring me so much drama, I tried that scene out when I was 19 and removed myself from it. And no I didn't get with anyone, I was too picky. All of those "friends" from 2007 have all since passed away, as a result of the most common virus that plagues the community. Its sad. But they brought it upon themselves based upon their own choices.

I'm at this point where I'm now 26 and realizing that this fantasy that mainstream society is portraying the gay lifestyle as, isn't actually real. I never saw anyone settling down or trying to get married. Every dating site I tried for, no one was there for love/dates. SO I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING ME A WOMAN! A man cant give me kids, or commit or be loyal. All I ever saw was my female friends getting cheated on and crying, used, abused and treated poorly. I'm not a mean guy. I have no intentions of being hurt, I just want someone to spend my life with, have a family. So I guess I think women are safer? Unfortunately all I'm reading lately is that women cheat, lie, steal, blah, blah, blah, is this true? Should I be worried? And as for you women out there, I have a question, since I never dated or did anything with a man, should I tell my future GF that I am attracted to men? Or should I bury this as a piece of my past and move on? How would it make you ladies feel?
Of course it is true, women are human just like men and both genders do the same stupid childish things.

Only time will tell if you will get hurt and honestly you really can't avoid it no matter who your partner is (male or female).
Don't worry with the "what if", live your life, find someone who loves you that you love, have a family, have a wonderful life together and choose later if you want to tell your girlfriend/wife/partner about your attraction to men.

I can't honestly tell you how it would make me feel, no man I have ever known has been attracted to men as far as I know. If they were attracted to men they never told me about it or gave any indication they were.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:18 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,786,735 times
Quote:

Something is definitely fishy about this post? First of all, you sound very shallow, and very inexperienced, particularly to be making such broad judgements. You can't judge the gay community by going to a local gay bar, no more than you can judge the "straight community" by going to a straight bar. There is not a specific "lifestyle" as you state. As far as being gay goes: you don't choose it, it chooses you. So, if you want to complicate your life for real, than pretend to be straight. If you are gay, it won't go away, and you won't be happy with a woman, as you intend.

Men can commit and be loyal, you are clearly hanging out with the wrong crowd. You claim to be picky, so if you keep looking at the hot young college jocks, then yeh, you probably are going to get a fair share of guys not interested in settling down. Consider what's on the inside a bit more than what's on the outside. You're only 26, there is nothing wrong with considering a guy that's a bit older than you, particularly if you're looking for someone with maturity, they're more likely interested in a relationship.

As far as all these "friends" you indicate from 2007 that are no longer here, and got what they deserve...in your words. No wonder you're alone with that attitude. First of all, 2007 wasn't that long ago, and there are medications for such things. Also, many gay guys are promiscuous for the same reason straight people are promiscuous, which is usually because they are dysfunctional in some way, some are looking for love in all the wrong places, or with the wrong people, many are looking for attention or approval...again, hanging out with the wrong crowd. Nobody ever said being gay is easy, I've been out, longer than you've been alive. But, it is important to make the best of it, it's what you make of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Something's fishy about this post.
Agreed.

Last edited by 9162; 08-20-2014 at 01:50 PM..

Old 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,787,328 times
OK OP, since you obviously hate women and don't care what you do to them and don't give a crap about the idea of wasting at least half of some poor woman's life, let me just remind you how expensive it is to get out of a marriage--esp one with kids. When you decide that you can't take it anymore or she catches you cheating, there will be a divorce and then your secret will be out. Just sayin.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:05 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,071,796 times
Quote:

You sound like me (minus the obvious misogynistic parts.) Straight dating seems easier than gay dating.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:52 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,383,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I must have missed this part. Yeah, people with HIV these days aren't dropping like flies like they were 25 years ago. It's still a very serious illness, but it is treatable.

New poster + controversial posts =
Exactly! It's not the eighties and nineties anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships