Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 12:50 PM

540 posts, read 453,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Yshudicare, thank you for injecting a bit of common sense and sanity on this thread, most women here seem to be living in an alternate Universe.
Im just annoyed with contradictioning advice. They say:

Its not a numbers game but approach any woman you like

Read her body language before approaching but dont judge her because she might just be *insert mood* and wants a man to talk to her

Women spend alot of time getting ready but dont approach just because she looks good *you know nothing about except her looks*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 12:53 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Im just annoyed with contradictioning advice. They say:

Its not a numbers game but approach any woman you like

Read her body language before approaching but dont judge her because she might just be *insert mood* and wants a man to talk to her

Women spend alot of time getting ready but dont approach just because she looks good *you know nothing about except her looks*

I don't see anything contradictory about any of that.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:59 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Just my opinion but.....
If you are afraid to approach a woman what makes you think that her approaching you would make it any easier?after reading these "approach" threads ad nauseam, I don't think the "approach" is the real issue, but serves as justification for NOT approaching. Are you saying that once the ice is broken.. You can let out your "Rico Suave"? Sorry, but I am pretty skeptical in these regards.... Just saying.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:01 PM

540 posts, read 453,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't see anything contradictory about any of that.
Of course you dont

Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 PM

346 posts, read 351,862 times
I'm glad there's plenty of women IRL that are more assertive and not shy. I would imagine the majority of those here are more introverted.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Of course you dont

Nope, of course I don't, as there isn't anything contradictory.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:12 PM

663 posts, read 778,026 times
Quote:
Nope, of course I don't, as there isn't anything contradictory.

Right, it is not a numbers game yet you yourself say that 75% of the women you chat up DONT fit you at all.

Riiiiigggghhhhtttt its not a numbers game.

Quote:
Listen to what? Just because you talk to someone doesn't guarantee anything. I'm a dude, but probably >75% of the times I chat someone up that I thought was cute and approachable, after a few minutes of talking I realized I didn't want to get with them in any way. I'm sure the numbers are the same or more from the other side when speaking to me.

People seem to have this freaking bizarre notion (on here) that if you get to the interaction phase you should be guaranteed some sort of outcome. Like talking to someone is such a huge damn step. Hey bro! You talked to a chick, you deserve to get your __ wet! Or at least a phone number. Hello, no, you don't deserve anything, you just talked to a person like normal humans do several times a day, every day.
In the quote you BASICALLY ADMITTED it's a numbers game. Talk to many girls, some will give you their number, some won't. Some will sleep with you and many won't.

We have a walking contradiction right here.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Right, it is not a numbers game yet you yourself say that 75% of the women you chat up DONT fit you at all.

Riiiiigggghhhhtttt its not a numbers game.

We have a walking contradiction right here.

What would make that a numbers game? You're looking for one. A shotgun approach is idiotic. Just like a job search, applying to everything and anything is not a good approach, and even with a very systematic targeted approach most opportunities don't work out. Still, they are significantly more effective.

Of course, if you're just talking to woman, doing it with an intent is a poor idea. You should be talking to people because you like to talk to people. If something comes of it, friends, dates, whatever, cool. If not, that's cool too. If there is intent, the only intent should be a good conversation. If you're going out and your entire intent is to meet a woman to date/sleep with, you're already in a losing situation. None of my in the wild relationship success has ever come from trying to get with a woman. It is just being a friendly person that likes to talk to people. Simple.

There is no contradiction. If you can think clearly, that is, which I suspect is your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post

In the quote you BASICALLY ADMITTED it's a numbers game. Talk to many girls, some will give you their number, some won't. Some will sleep with you and many won't.
I didn't do any such thing. You have a major reading comprehension problem. And I can't recall the last time I was given someones number and it has been a long time since I asked for one. I'm not looking to gain #s and that isn't why I talked to them. I've never gone out and talked to all that many people, male or female. I don't approach it as a numbers game. I just live life. Simple.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
What would make that a numbers game? You're looking for one. A shotgun approach is idiotic. Just like a job search, applying to everything and anything is not a good approach, and even with a very systematic targeted approach most opportunities don't work out. Still, they are significantly more effective.

Of course, if you're just talking to woman, doing it with an intent is a poor idea. You should be talking to people because you like to talk to people. If something comes of it, friends, dates, whatever, cool. If not, that's cool too. If you're going out and your entire intent is to meet a woman to date/sleep with, you're already in a losing situation. None of my in the wild relationship success has ever come from trying to get with a woman. It is just being a friendly person that likes to talk to people. Simple.

There is no contradiction. If you can think clearly, that is, which I suspect is your problem.
No one said anything about intent or anything.

Going out to talk to people IMPLIES a numbers game. That is the definition of numbers game.

Go out and talk to as many women as you can.

A subset of those women will be receptive and give you their numbers

A subset of those women will agree to a date

A subset of those women will agree to more dates

ETC etc

you just basically admitted its a numbers game.

That is what numbers game means.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:24 PM

The amount of contradiction from all your posts is just hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships