Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Social Experiment. Vote before you look
For women. I pick A 6 9.09%
For women. I pick B 14 21.21%
For women I pick C 6 9.09%
For men. I pick A 4 6.06%
For men I pick B 21 31.82%
For men I pick C 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:18 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote, because the experiment states the guys are all the same level of attractiveness, yet, as one moves from a to c, the dude goes from chubby to extremely muscular, implying that they aren't similar in levels of attractiveness but as their monetary worth (social class) goes down their level of attractiveness goes up.

I find this system to be very flawed and extremely biased. I chose not to vote.

Although, I like social experiments and I appreciate the author's attempt (kinda fun actually, haha), I just find this one to be a bit.. non-objective. Could use a little more neutrality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 02:31 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
I picked B, but I read it wrong. I picked for the yoga teacher ONLY because she was fun. It kinda seemed that the teacher was nice and everything, but not fun. Money doesn't matter because I got my house, cars, and money. And physique doesn't do much for me because that can change over time.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 AM

70 posts, read 155,314 times
Marry A, and have C on the side...lol....No on B, rough hands are hell on lingerie

Old 08-19-2014, 12:11 PM

312 posts, read 494,388 times
For men, C. The money from A would be nice but overweight is a deal breaker. B wouldn't be bad but C looks better and looks and physique matter most.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 PM

285 posts, read 534,429 times
I chose A. To be a corporate accountant, I'm assuming that he's educated/went to university etc and probably values 'book smarts'.. we would be on the same page as far as background, earning potential, and lifestyle choices. Slightly overweight - he can always lose it (healthy dinners anyone?) and as for boring, well I love to be a boring homebody in the evenings so I would love that haha. I like to knit so we could hang out and be awkward and boring together. B sounds too manly and rugged, not my thing... I hate trucks and I wouldn't want to be with someone who potentially could not move up in their career (this has been an issue in the past). C sounds way too extroverted/energetic for me, and at this stage I probably wouldn't want to date someone who lives in an apartment (unless they're working towards home ownership too). B and C sound too settled in their lives whereas A sounds like he works very hard and is ambitious (something I look for).

I agree with Metaphysique though, there's not really a mention of shared values or common interests? So I'm assuming based on the description that I would have that more with A.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Simple. Whichever one I loved more.

I really don't get these posts.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:46 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
As a male, I went with A. The young hottie will get older and the looks may well slip. A sounds like the smartest of the bunch. You can always lose weight, wear makeup and get boobs. You can't fix stupid.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiechase84 View Post
Marry A, and have C on the side...lol....No on B, rough hands are hell on lingerie
So get leather lingerie!

Old 08-19-2014, 01:07 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Please try voting before looking at the posts below or taking a peak at how the poll is doing as this might influence your first and true choice. Be honest with yourself, don't take the political correct choice.

This is just a social experiment nothing more

Say you are 30 living in a average American city with that has an average cost of living. You have an average job and earn average income. You can think of the job and lifestyle of your choosing, after all its your choice and you get to choose the partners that you want to be with. You are of average height, of average built, and of average attractiveness

All three are nice and have easy going to personality that is compatible with yours...

The "For women I Pick..." is where women will vote abd "For men I Pick "" is where men will vote

Which partner would you choose. All three will be faithful, be great fathers, and care for you.

A. A corporate accountant that makes 100,000+$ a year. He has a big house and has luxury cars. He is of below average height and is just a tad slightly over weight. He is a nice guy with ok social skills. A bit timid and boring at times.

B. A construction skilled trade Electrician/Carpenter thatmakes 50,000+$ a year. He has a decent house and drives pick up trucks. He is in good physical shape and is slightly above average height. He is a "manly" guy that has average social skills.

C. A fitness and dance instructor that makes 30,000,$ He lives in a apartment and has an average car. He is 6"2 and is lean and muscular. He is very outgoing and fun to be with.

All three have the same level of attractiveness.

If you are a gay you can vote too.

For men

A. A corporate manager that makes 100,000$ a year. She is slightly overweight. She is a really nice person. A bit timid at times. Has a big house and drives a luxury car. Is of below height. Can be boring at times.

B. A middle school teacher that makes 50,000$ a year. She is in good physical shape and is of average height. She She is a down to earth person and easy to get along with. She has a decent house and has a nice car

C. A yoga and fitness instructor that makes 30,000$ a year. She is of above average height and is lean and firm. She is very outgoing and fun to be around with. She drives an average car and has a small house
A a man a woman's income is meaningless to me. She can keep all her income for herself to buy clothes and shoes. I Pick C

Old 08-19-2014, 01:10 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Please try voting before looking at the posts below or taking a peak at how the poll is doing as this might influence your first and true choice. Be honest with yourself, don't take the political correct choice.

This is just a social experiment nothing more

Say you are 30 living in a average American city with that has an average cost of living. You have an average job and earn average income. You can think of the job and lifestyle of your choosing, after all its your choice and you get to choose the partners that you want to be with. You are of average height, of average built, and of average attractiveness

All three are nice and have easy going to personality that is compatible with yours...

The "For women I Pick..." is where women will vote abd "For men I Pick "" is where men will vote

Which partner would you choose. All three will be faithful, be great fathers, and care for you.

A. A corporate accountant that makes 100,000+$ a year. He has a big house and has luxury cars. He is of below average height and is just a tad slightly over weight. He is a nice guy with ok social skills. A bit timid and boring at times.

B. A construction skilled trade Electrician/Carpenter thatmakes 50,000+$ a year. He has a decent house and drives pick up trucks. He is in good physical shape and is slightly above average height. He is a "manly" guy that has average social skills.

C. A fitness and dance instructor that makes 30,000,$ He lives in a apartment and has an average car. He is 6"2 and is lean and muscular. He is very outgoing and fun to be with.

All three have the same level of attractiveness.

If you are a gay you can vote too.

For men

A. A corporate manager that makes 100,000$ a year. She is slightly overweight. She is a really nice person. A bit timid at times. Has a big house and drives a luxury car. Is of below height. Can be boring at times.

B. A middle school teacher that makes 50,000$ a year. She is in good physical shape and is of average height. She She is a down to earth person and easy to get along with. She has a decent house and has a nice car

C. A yoga and fitness instructor that makes 30,000$ a year. She is of above average height and is lean and firm. She is very outgoing and fun to be around with. She drives an average car and has a small house
Obviously OP makes little money and hence the poll biased to a low earner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships