Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 06:33 PM

326 posts, read 349,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I guess it's just easier for some men to opt out and have no contact with women completely. I don't blame these men. Dating and approaching women can be frustrating when you get nowhere.
Its not easy to give up you have to find a reason for it and see it through to the end.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,315,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
Its not easy to give up you have to find a reason for it and see it through to the end.
Actually it is easy to give up. In order for a man to give up on women, he simply never approaches them, he ignores women when they talk to him, and he avoids them completely. I have seen guys at my college never even speak to a woman.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:41 PM

326 posts, read 349,114 times
Quote:
Actually it is easy to give up. In order for a man to give up on women, he simply never approaches them, he ignores women when they talk to him, and he avoids them completely. I have seen guys at my college never even speak to a woman.
Its not easy because women are everywhere and when you ignore them they don't get it so you have to be rude and then your a jerk.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:53 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,970 times
Quote:
Ignoring women when they talk to him seems out of the question since women generally won't ever say something first or speak to a guy first

Old 08-18-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Ignoring women when they talk to him seems out of the question since women generally won't ever say something first or speak to a guy first
Pretty much.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:26 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,354,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
When applying game theory to dating I conclude one thing, being aggressive is a dominate strategy. In other words, no matter what your options and her responses could be, being aggressive will give you the best results of all the combos. Try for more girls and broaden your standards - it's a huge open market.
Exactly...if you ask 100 girls for a date and get turned down 99 times, all that matter is the one date that you scored anyway. Getting over yourself and the ridiculousness of the dating game is paramount.

I've said this before, but I think the OP could benefit from my little idea/confidence builder. If he's up for it, he should go out of town to a popular night spot and just talk to random women of all types. Literally introduce yourself as being shy around women and ask them if they would like to help your out...They'll say yes, and you can ask them ANYTHING you could possibly want to know about what they think of you and if they would reject you or not if you really would approach them. You'll be surprised how many people will have good things to say and how into helping you most women will be. You probably will even have one or so ask you to hang out if you cycle through enough people.

...give it a go, it'll legitimately help and give you a nice idea of what girls will think of you. It'll take the anxiety out of future situations since you'll now have an idea of what women will be thinking of you.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:30 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,354,192 times
Quote:
Pretty much.
Yes...my buddy has the habbit of trying to talk to women for me when we go out, he's just a good dude. But Most often he'll come up to me and go "hey you see that girl.over there? I was talking to her friend and pointed you out to her, she said you're attractive but wants you to go talk to her".

...it's every bit of proof that women want you to be the initiator. They want the attention.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
Exactly...if you ask 100 girls for a date and get turned down 99 times, all that matter is the one date that you scored anyway. Getting over yourself and the ridiculousness of the dating game is paramount.

I've said this before, but I think the OP could benefit from my little idea/confidence builder. If he's up for it, he should go out of town to a popular night spot and just talk to random women of all types. Literally introduce yourself as being shy around women and ask them if they would like to help your out...They'll say yes, and you can ask them ANYTHING you could possibly want to know about what they think of you and if they would reject you or not if you really would approach them. You'll be surprised how many people will have good things to say and how into helping you most women will be. You probably will even have one or so ask you to hang out if you cycle through enough people.

...give it a go, it'll legitimately help and give you a nice idea of what girls will think of you. It'll take the anxiety out of future situations since you'll now have an idea of what women will be thinking of you.
99 rejections? Geez. I don't think my self-esteem could handle that.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
Yes...my buddy has the habbit of trying to talk to women for me when we go out, he's just a good dude. But Most often he'll come up to me and go "hey you see that girl.over there? I was talking to her friend and pointed you out to her, she said you're attractive but wants you to go talk to her".

...it's every bit of proof that women want you to be the initiator. They want the attention.
This same thing happened to a friend of mine. He dismissed her advances thinking she was playing some mean trick on him. From what I've heard she's still single and so is he.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:34 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,684,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
Ah..the old "it will happen when it happens" cliche

OP, don't take this advice.
No you are wrong, it will happen when soap starts taking control and tries to meet and expand his social circle. Thinking about it will not work, taking action does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships