Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM

65 posts, read 129,261 times

Advertisements

I just notice that, I am only good friends / can only date people who like the same kind foods that I eat.
I like fresh local organic foods with few additives, prefer micro brew and mom and pop restaurants to mass produced beer and chain restaurants. My good friends are of different ancestries and cultures, but we like this kind of foods and often invite each other over for authentic home cook dishes.

What are your takes on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 03:50 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMartialArtist View Post
I just notice that, I am only good friends / can only date people who like the same kind foods that I eat.
I like fresh local organic foods with few additives, prefer micro brew and mom and pop restaurants to mass produced beer and chain restaurants. My good friends are of different ancestries and cultures, but we like this kind of foods and often invite each other over for authentic home cook dishes.

What are your takes on this?
Well, that sounds convenient, but if that weren't the case, it certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. If I really like a person a lot, almost anything else will fall by the wayside in importance.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:56 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
My husband doesn't like pigs ears but he married me anyway

Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
I don't eat meat, but I'm not about to limit my dating pool to vegetarians.

However, if someone lives on fast food, there might be a broader difference in lifestyle that could make us incompatible, as usually people who live on that garbage don't take care of themselves in other ways, they tend not to be as active, etc., and I'm pretty health-conscious and like to do active things.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Sounds kind of like a narrow way to live, but whatever floats your boat.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Sounds kind of like a narrow way to live, but whatever floats your boat.
is it me or this sounds a bit offensive? Tell me about a broad way to live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
My husband doesn't like pigs ears but he married me anyway
who in the right mind will make a big deal out of pigs ears ? Congratz ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I don't eat meat, but I'm not about to limit my dating pool to vegetarians.

However, if someone lives on fast food, there might be a broader difference in lifestyle that could make us incompatible, as usually people who live on that garbage don't take care of themselves in other ways, they tend not to be as active, etc., and I'm pretty health-conscious and like to do active things.
my points exactly!

Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,287 times
I agree with Lilac to an extent about the diet, but food differences would never be a sole reason for me to end a relationship with someone, whether they are a friend or partner. My boyfriend is a vegan and I'm not (not even vegetarian), and we get along fine. I really like tofu and vegetables, so when he cooks I can indulge as well, and I've made vegan friendly baked goods for him before. Surprisingly enough, he usually finds something to eat at restaurants. He does it for his own moral reasons and doesn't expect me to bend to those, nor do I expect him to change. So it works out fine for us.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I agree with Lilac to an extent about the diet, but food differences would never be a sole reason for me to end a relationship with someone, whether they are a friend or partner. My boyfriend is a vegan and I'm not (not even vegetarian), and we get along fine. I really like tofu and vegetables, so when he cooks I can indulge as well, and I've made vegan friendly baked goods for him before. Surprisingly enough, he usually finds something to eat at restaurants. He does it for his own moral reasons and doesn't expect me to bend to those, nor do I expect him to change. So it works out fine for us.
No one will like the exact same thing we like . It is great that even though your boyfriend is a vegan by choice, you two still can finds dishes that both enjoy at home or at restaurants
Food difference is never a sole reason, to me, it is just an excellent indicator

Old 08-18-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Well, that sounds convenient, but if that weren't the case, it certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. If I really like a person a lot, almost anything else will fall by the wayside in importance.
I have copied, later integrated personalities of cool, lovable girls that I like.
Read about Nicola Tesla and Wang XiangZhai and feel inspired “to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” and "work together with others to promote natural human potential and virtues of a warrior, to eliminate wrong teachings of those who deceive themselves and deceive others."

What cool changes have you made because you like someone a lot ?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
We don't have to like all the same things, but I'm an adventurous eater (very few things I won't eat or try), and I lived a guy who was the pickiest eater ever for a number of years. Seriously, his take was that he was "adventurous" because he liked "all kinds of pasta." I couldn't do that again. I like to cook, like to try new things, etc. My husband is a fantastic cook, and very creative in the kitchen. He's always making up dishes, and they're awesome. It's definitely more fun to be on the same wavelength.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships