Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it considered an approach?
Yes 3 6.67%
No 42 93.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:36 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
Listen up women are not entitled to have men approach you because they approach other women. This explains it all women please grow up.
That's not at all what she was saying. She's just describing the process by which women get feedback about how attractive they might be, just like some men take frequent "rejections" to be indicative of how attractive they are to women. Both genders experience this, both get negative feedback and process that. How much it affects them varies tremendously by the individual. She was simply responding to this post, by "techrium":

can we all agree that women RARELY get rejected since after all, they rarely APPROACH? And she was saying, no, we can't all agree that women rarely get rejected. Women get rejected all the time, in the way orangeapple described. Not to mention all the "rejections" (which women don't really define as such) when women approach and start convos with guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Somebody has their panties in a bunch.
You completely misread Nila's post, too. She was just opening up the possibilities for men.

Oh well. Never mind.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:46 PM

326 posts, read 348,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's not at all what she was saying. She's just describing the process by which women get feedback about how attractive they might be, just like some men take frequent "rejections" to be indicative of how attractive they are to women. Both genders experience this, both get negative feedback and process that. How much it affects them varies tremendously by the individual. She was simply responding to this post, by "techrium":

can we all agree that women RARELY get rejected since after all, they rarely APPROACH? And she was saying, no, we can't all agree that women rarely get rejected. Women get rejected all the time, in the way orangeapple described. Not to mention all the "rejections" (which women don't really define as such) when women approach and start convos with guys.
Men are told when they get rejected that they didn't, maybe women should use their own advice since in the scenario we are talking about she never asked anybody out.

Last edited by stinkerr; 08-18-2014 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 08-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
You completely misread Nila's post, too. She was just opening up the possibilities for men.

Oh well. Never mind.

Possible means it actually happens there are many men waiting for this and its in vain.

Last edited by stinkerr; 08-18-2014 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 08-18-2014, 05:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Possible means it actually happens there are many men waiting for this and its in vain.
That's exactly the point!

The first step to getting women to approach you and to initiate with you is to recognise that:

1. These are things women really do, and

2. If they are not doing them with you personally, there is a reason, and

3. You have control over the situation -- simply stop approaching women cold and, instead, change the thing that is preventing them from initiating with you. Hint: It is not your looks, height, money, or social status.

I want to really empower men, not give them fake 'empowerment' that is designed to feed their hopes while keeping them permanently dateless.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Men are told when they get rejected that they didn't, maybe women should use their own advice since in the scenario we are talking about she never asked anybody out.
Yes, exactly. Women don't consider it a rejection. Even if they do ask a guy out and he declines, it's not a rejection, to women's way of thinking. Remember, most people are not each other's type. When someone declines your invitation, or ends the conversation prematurely (before you get to the asking for a number part), or walks away when you approach to talk, all they're communicating is "you're not my type". It's not a rejection. Rejection is when you've dated someone, and they decide it's not working out. Or you're in a relationship, and they dump you. That's rejection.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, exactly. Women don't consider it a rejection. Even if they do ask a guy out and he declines, it's not a rejection, to women's way of thinking. Remember, most people are not each other's type. When someone declines your invitation, or ends the conversation prematurely (before you get to the asking for a number part), or walks away when you approach to talk, all they're communicating is "you're not my type". It's not a rejection. Rejection is when you've dated someone, and they decide it's not working out. Or you're in a relationship, and they dump you. That's rejection.
Do you decide what is rejection for everyone else, and even though I don't approach women anymore and get upset when they approach me when I did and they said no that was rejection and no other way to phrase it.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Do you decide what is rejection for everyone else, and even though I don't approach women anymore and get upset when they approach me when I did and they said no that was rejection and no other way to phrase it.
There's a huge gulf on this forum between how men define rejection, and how women define it.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
There's a huge gulf on this forum between how men define rejection, and how women define it.
I don't understand if I ask a women out and she says no what she means is your not good enough, how is that not rejection.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I don't understand if I ask a women out and she says no what she means is your not good enough, how is that not rejection.
It doesn't mean "you're not good enough". It just means you're not her type. It's not something to be taken personally. The way I heard one woman put it once, was helpful. She said, "He's an apple, and she likes oranges. It doesn't mean apples are bad, it only means she likes oranges. He needs to find someone who likes apples."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships