Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:11 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,935 times

Advertisements

Wait, you're beezy cooks for her kids and herself, but not for you? I thought she didn't cook at all or just for her. Well **** man, you gotta figure out what's going on. She's making a huge statement and it' something that you're not understanding.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:12 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
If this were my man, I would have his favorite meals ready (or in the oven) a glass of scotch and some massage oil. That's what being a team is all about.
By the way, we only have his side of it. You're right about that.

See, I used to cook extra helpings when I was home at my apartment on the nights my ex had to work, and I'd tell him to come by on his way to work to pick up the food.

Then one day he complained that it wasn't enough.

And that was the last time I offered.

So I'd like to hear the wife's point of view.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:13 AM

47 posts, read 59,161 times
my co worker is working 12 hrs like me all week. And she has kids too. But is finding time to fix me dinner

Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostritch View Post
Before you jump on me with ' this is 2014 not 1950 , I know.
This last few days and all this week until Saturday , I will be driving 2 hrs to work. Work 12 hrs. Get off after working on my feet for 12 hrs, and drive back home 2 hrs.
I'm fatigued. I'm a hard working man. Motels are not an option as they are more expensive than gas.

So I'm getting home so tired that after a quick shower I can't even eat. I'm flopping on the bed and crushing until its time to get up again, get dressed and drive two hrs to work, work 12 hrs and drive back.

Wife works 8-5 at a fairly easy relaxing not busy job. She gets off at 5 pm and drives five min home. Our son has football practice 6-8 pm.

I requested her to cook something for me so that I have food to take to work as I'm too tired to come in this week and cook. By the way I do most of the cooking when my schedule allows.

She said well honey you know I'm not a cooker.

Then I asked her, why not put something in the crock pot at 5 pm after work, and by the time football practice is done, and you are back home at 830 pm, it will be cooked and there will be something left for me.

She still complained its too much work, and she doesn't know what to cook or what to throw in the crock pot.

I'm at work. Today there was no practice. After work she went to her girlfriends house right after work until 930 pm.

Sobibwanted to see what she would say when I told her I found someone to cook me meals. I told her her "I found someone to make me dinner n breakfast this week. She will make sure I have food".
Her response was "ok, sorry honey I can't make you a meal as I work until 5 pm". She didn't even ask whobthe she who is supposedly making me dinner orn breakfast this week is.

Is this normal?

My dude, [Mod cut.] but i have a feeling that we're not hearing the whole story. I feel like you're omitting important facts. Maybe you DEMANDED for her to cook and she took it the wrong way. I don't know but I feel like the whole story is not there.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
my co worker is working 12 hrs like me all week. And she has kids too. But is finding time to fix me dinner
Good! So you'll have something to eat.

When you talk to your wife about this on Sunday or next week or whenever, you can explain this to her. Sit down and discuss it.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:15 AM

Her view. she likes to visit her girlfriends acter work when our son doesnt have practice. she is more invested in friendships and she doesn't realize when there is no practice, she visits friends everyday after work.
Kids keep house messy and she hates coming home to a messy house. But I've told her running away wont solve nothing. She needs to be home to make sure chores are done. Going to see friends every day after work isn't right

Old 08-19-2014, 02:16 AM

lilac I will. And Pidzo i never demanded anythinh of her.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Her view. she likes to visit her girlfriends acter work when our son doesnt have practice. she is more invested in friendships and she doesn't realize when there ks no practice, she visits friends everyday after work.
Kids keep house messy and she hates coming home to a messybhpuse. But I've told her running away wont solve nothing. She needs to be home to make sure chores are done. Going to see friends every day after work isn't right
both of you have problems and it seems like she has ALOT of growing up to do. She seems tso have her priorities mixed up. Maybe she is at her breaking point. Maybe she's fed up.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
I'm gonna take the unpopular stance and agree with the OP. Maybe it's a cultural thing (or simple courtesy) but no one should work long hours and come back to a home without food. If the problem were that his wife was not cooking at all and everyone was going to bed hungry, I can understand. However, wife and kids are getting fed and leaving none for the OP.

After working such long hours, it's easy to see why he's resentful. But OP, this is the woman you decided to marry. Not sure what the complete story is but this appears to be a passive-aggressive approach that she is taking. Unless she is trying to punish you for something, I can't comprehend why a woman who supposedly loves her husband would treat him so shabbily (especially given the long hours and tedious commute).

If this were my man, I would have his favorite meals ready (or in the oven) a glass of scotch and some massage oil. That's what being a team is all about.

Bless your heart.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:20 AM

Quote:
lilac I will. And Pidzo i never demanded anythinh of her.
All i'm saying that something is not adding up. There's always two sides to a story. If she is that "bad of a person" who gets her priorities mixed up and seems irresponsible, then why marry her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships