Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times

Advertisements

Scotch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
I decided to not reply. I don't want to prolong it any longer.

Thanks for your advice everyone.
Good thinking. You're doing the right thing. Stay strong, I wish you luck.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:33 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Got a text from him this morning: "Can we talk tonight please?"

What else does he want from me? I didn't cry in front of him yesterday and acted like I was fine till he left. I'm torn but I want to see him again.
He's likely feeling guilty for hurting you, though it is always possible he is having second thoughts about the breakup.

Why would you refrain from crying in front of him and act like everything is normal?? Pride I guess, though that seems silly to me.

You have a tough choice to make...either stick to your guns and finish getting ready to move off for graduate school without having further conversation with him OR meet with him tonight and give him a chance to say what he has to say.

Now if you decide to meet with him, be prepared to watch him try to assuage his guilt or "icky feelings" only.

Do not meet with him with the expectation that he has changed his mind about the breakup or you will be hurt all over again okay?

Personally, I would have to give him a chance to talk if it were me. Just realize that this option comes with the great risk of more heartache and pain. Sometimes when the risk is great though, the rewards can be even greater

Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
I decided to not reply. I don't want to prolong it any longer.

Thanks for your advice everyone.
excellent choice. soon enough you will get to the point where you dont need him anymore, and you will be stronger because of it. you just took the first step, and i realize it can be a scary one, but it is a step for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I think that is wise. Remember, HE broke up with you. You don't have to talk to him.

I promise you the world will look VERY different when you move away.
well said, and very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Scotch
i prefer tequila, but then i tend to be a bit more hardcore when i need to be.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:14 PM

332 posts, read 294,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
He's likely feeling guilty for hurting you, though it is always possible he is having second thoughts about the breakup.

Why would you refrain from crying in front of him and act like everything is normal?? Pride I guess, though that seems silly to me.

You have a tough choice to make...either stick to your guns and finish getting ready to move off for graduate school without having further conversation with him OR meet with him tonight and give him a chance to say what he has to say.

Now if you decide to meet with him, be prepared to watch him try to assuage his guilt or "icky feelings" only.

Do not meet with him with the expectation that he has changed his mind about the breakup or you will be hurt all over again okay?

Personally, I would have to give him a chance to talk if it were me. Just realize that this option comes with the great risk of more heartache and pain. Sometimes when the risk is great though, the rewards can be even greater

Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Thanks, I decided to move on. After crying about it all night, I don't want to have the same argument again with him knowing that nothing will change. I miss him so much already and it kills me to have to ignore him, but I don't want to drag out the heartache... I'm scared I may really convince myself to stay for the relationship.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Thanks, I decided to move on. After crying about it all night, I don't want to have the same argument again with him knowing that nothing will change. I miss him so much already and it kills me to have to ignore him, but I don't want to drag out the heartache... I'm scared I may really convince myself to stay for the relationship.
stay strong girl you can do this, i have faith in you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships