Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 05:47 PM

43 posts, read 44,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMustang View Post
Awwww geez,

"Troll clean up on Aisle One."
Nah, it means the jarhead would toss him overboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 05:47 PM

64 posts, read 58,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Don't beat yourself up over it OP. You know, the way I see it, you and Vegas girl are pretty much in the same boat. Getting shamed and punished over relatively harmless behavior. I don't know where you women find these guys. I don't know how they get dressed in the morning without breaking their wings. A big part of a successful is the ability to forgive (although in both situations I don't see where you girls did anything so horrific to require forgiveness). What's more important is if someone truly loves you they can clear see that their shaming and punishment is HURTING you, yet they still choose to not forgive and accept you with your mistakes and errors. You don't see it now but in the long run, you're better off with out them.

Thank you,
But It was more than just harmless behavior. Yes, he was hurt about the dancing, but that's not really what he was the most upset about, there was more going on, while he was away, that I didn't get into, he found out about it before he got home and he gave me plenty of chances to confess and I blew it.

The dancing he could get over, it was a broken promise that I made to him years ago that he couldn't deal with. We said we would never keep secrets from each other and this one was a biggie. I thought he would never find out, but he did.

He said if he couldn't trust me to be honest with him now, how can he possibly trust me as his wife? and he's absolutely right. I should have told him everything from day one, but I was too afraid of losing him and guess what? I ended up losing him anyway. I am supposed to be the one person who should have his back and he should be able to trust me with anything. Well I proved that I'm not. I could never get away with lying to him or keeping something from him, he's always been able to see right through me.

The bottom line is I messed up, not him, not Derek, I did this, this is 100% all my fault, I own this.
I wish I could say that it was only the dancing, but I can't
He had every right to break up with me and call off the wedding.

He did forgive me at the airport, he forgave me for everything.
Lesson learned: honesty is the best policy, no matter how much it hurts

Old 09-06-2014, 05:57 PM

120 posts, read 110,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love R&R View Post
Nah, it means the jarhead would toss him overboard.
Jarhead? There's no Marine in the story.

Ahhhh, you're referring to a Marine versus a Navy SEAL (see what I did there? It's called an acronym. It's what keeps the Navy afloat.) (Do you know what the acronym N A V Y stands for?). A six pack on the SEAL.

"Troll clean up on Aisle One AND Aisle Two."

I'm starting to yawn R&R, what else you got?

Fun, eh?

Old 09-06-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMustang View Post
Jarhead? There's no Marine in the story.

Ahhhh, you're referring to a Marine versus a Navy SEAL (see what I did there? It's called an acronym. It's what keeps the Navy afloat.) (Do you know what the acronym N A V Y stands for?). A six pack on the SEAL.

"Troll clean up on Aisle One AND Aisle Two."

I'm starting to yawn R&R, what else you got?

Fun, eh?
Well, my reply was geared towards any old Joe and someone dancing with your GF. Like I said before, people get drunk, people do stupid things. You of all people should know better as well. MARSOC MEU(SOC) aren't anything to laugh at. Even a washed up 70 year old former 2nd Class Petty Officer knows that.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:07 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Quote:
Well, my reply was geared towards any old Joe and someone dancing with your GF. Like I said before, people get drunk, people do stupid things. You of all people should know better as well. MARSOC MEU(SOC) aren't anything to laugh at. Even a washed up 70 year old former 2nd Class Petty Officer knows that.

Is this Derek? You came a little late to this gathering, have you read the entire thread?

By the way, that last sentence of yours is remarkably close to a personal attack.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Is this Derek? You came a little late to this gathering, have you read the entire thread?

By the way, that last sentence of yours is remarkably close to a personal attack.
Nope, that would be my civilian boss!

Yes, as you were referring. One of which is supposed to be a drug dealer. I don't see it, men of honor and a drug dealer meshing. Just my humble opinion of course.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:40 PM

64 posts, read 58,618 times
Quote:
Nope, that would be my civilian boss!

Yes, as you were referring. One of which is supposed to be a drug dealer. I don't see it, men of honor and a drug dealer meshing. Just my humble opinion of course.
I think I already mentioned this in another post...
Kevin and Derek were like brothers, they grew up together, they've known each other since they were little kids. He was always at Kevin's house when they were growing up and Kevin's mom practically raised Derek after his mom passed away.

They certainly don't hang out together! Before that night at the club, they hadn't seen each other in almost 8 months,
Derek invited us out that night and it was only supposed to be a one night celebration.

one went into the military, the other one wasted his life getting high
what's so hard to believe about that?

Kevin hates everything Derek stands for, but they were still close
and Kevin has always tried to be like a big brother to him

Last edited by Loves2Dance; 09-06-2014 at 06:56 PM..

Old 09-06-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Dance View Post
Kevin and Derek were like brothers, they grew up together, they've known each other since they were little kids. He was always at Kevin's house when they were growing up and Kevin's mom practically raised Derek after his mom passed away.

They certainly don't hang out together! Before that night at the club, they hadn't seen each other in almost 8 months,
Derek invited us out that night and it was only supposed to be a one night celebration.

one went into the military, the other one wasted his life getting high
what's so hard to believe about that?

Kevin hates everything Derek stands for, but they were still close
and Kevin has always tried to be like a big brother to him
I'll leave you with this fact about myself. How do you think I got my job in the first place? Birds of a feather fly together. Not like I had to even interview for the job. He needed someone and my name came up. You want a job? Start tomorrow.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Quote:
I'll leave you with this fact about myself. How do you think I got my job in the first place? Birds of a feather fly together. Not like I had to even interview for the job. He needed someone and my name came up. You want a job? Start tomorrow.
Nobody knows what you're talking about.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nobody knows what you're talking about.
That would be obvious to try not to sound too rude. Shall the coward who insulted me anonymously remain nameless as well.

Semper Fi~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships