Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm really glad these forums didn't exist in my early 20s. I have no jaw line. Bald. Glasses. Average looks on my best day. Earn little. Don't own a car or a house. Am 43 years old.

Yet since 18 I dated and have had sex with cute / attractive women pretty consistently for 25 years. Had girlfriends, lived with a couple, was engaged, have a girlfriend now, many dates and FBs/FWBs in between.

How is this possible with all these things working against me?

I guess I'm just "lucky".
Luck MIGHT be part of it, but mostly it's just because you take responsibility for your own happiness and don't buy into the kind of crap guys like him do.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Well I never really sought out ONS. The sometimes happened, but they weren't sought out, and I suspect bars, now like then, are still popular for ONS. People like to talk and flirt before Mod bleep.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-21-2014 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:23 PM

2,337 posts, read 1,816,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I guess so. It sounds like you're mad at women, too.
I'm not mad at women. They are acting in self interest as people do. I might even make it despite all my short comings because I was lucky enough to be born with supportive parents and a high IQ. Also my **** looks caused me to develop a strong work ethnic that is lacking in most people in this generation.

I am pathetic but it's only because of my looks. If I was born with average or above average looks I wouldn't be pathetic, and that's exactly my point. Some people were born with a bad genetic hand.

Some people look like me but are also too dumb to succeed. Some people are born with horrible deformities. For all these people life is NOT fair and equal. Your whole life is struggle, a hell that most people would prefer to pretend does not exist.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:26 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,361,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
I'm not mad at women. They are acting in self interest as people do. I might even make it despite all my short comings because I was lucky enough to be born with supportive parents and a high IQ. Also my **** looks caused me to develop a strong work ethnic that is lacking in most people in this generation.

I am pathetic but it's only because of my looks. If I was born with average or above average looks I wouldn't be pathetic, and that's exactly my point. Some people were born with a bad genetic hand.

Some people look like me but are also too dumb to succeed. Some people are born with horrible deformities. For all these people life is NOT fair and equal. Your whole life is struggle, a hell that most people would prefer to pretend does not exist.
What exactly is wrong with your appearance. Maybe I can give you some tips. I have made over a few of my friends successfully. ( men and women)

Even height can be improved on. There are shoes and lifts you can buy.
http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-Short-Me...8047921/g.html

Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:

You are pathetic, but not for anything having to do with your physical being

Old 08-21-2014, 12:29 PM

2,337 posts, read 1,816,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
What exactly is wrong with your appearance. Maybe I can give you some tips. I have made over a few of my friends successfully. ( men and women)

I appreciate the gesture.

I'm not trying to make this discussion about me though I'm trying to make a point that in general ugly people have it much, much, much worse than attractive people. People treat you like a member of a different species.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:31 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to make this discussion about me though I'm trying to make a point that in general ugly people have it much, much, much worse than attractive people. People treat you like a member of a different species.

Yeah, but outside of deformities, most things can be overcome. I was a porker. I changed it. Hair and style can overcome a lot too. And class / personality / charisma can be developed somewhat and has a huge impact.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:31 PM

921 posts, read 1,130,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEandLMS View Post
That's my point.

1. Looks pull you in, AND THEN LATER, personality matters.

2. An average/below average guy's looks won't pull you in, so you won't give him a chance to display his personality.

I'm not mad at women for this. I just wish they'd be honest.

I'm a woman & I agree with you 100%

Old 08-21-2014, 12:34 PM

138 posts, read 171,038 times
Quote:
I guess I'm just pathetic? I am 21 but I am very well aware of what I like, thanks. I live in the city and I have a lot of friends. I go out with friends and talk to girls. Women enjoy my conversation and my money/status but they prefer all my friends because I am very short with a weak jaw and MPB at age 21. The only way I can pull a girl is if she doesn't even SEE any of my friends.

I'm not sure if you know how much it hurts to bring a girl out with your friends only to have her lose interest in you for your buddies time and time again. Of course good friends don't act on this but the girl gets moody and disinterested during the date.

I'm not looking for a supermodel. I'm not an idiot and I know I'm unattractive. I don't aim for girls above a 6/10 because I know they would only be interested in me to take advantage in some way of my money or get with one of my friends.

I judge women very strongly on personality because I'm certain that most women my age just want the hottest most loud and exciting guys they can find. I know a handful of women who are not like this but they are all religious or got married young around age 20. Of course men are mostly like this too. It's only the ugly guys and girls who have to resort to searching based on personality. Attractive people have so many options that it's guaranteed they will find someone with a good personality.
I'm glad to hear that you're 21, cause that means that you're not pathetic. It means that you'll find out over the next 10 years or so that even when it comes to looks people's tastes vary widely.

I used to hang out with a guy when I was single and we used to compare notes about what was attractive to us and it became very apparent that the women that he thought were beautiful were thoroughly average on my scale and vice versa. He liked women that were super toned while I liked them fit, but just a bit soft......he liked shoulder length hair (or even shorter) while I always thought that the longer the hair, the more beautiful......he thought long legs were the most important feature while I thought that chest/waist/hip ratio was the big deal. My preferences and his diverged even further over time as we both gained experience with women.

Quick story (cause I like stories).......

When I was 21 I was dating a model. Not a big-time famous model, but a woman that was tall (5-10), very thin, very blond and very photogenic and had done some regional advertising. But she was dumber than a box of rocks, ate slim-fast 2 meals a day, and talked constantly about people's looks. It was fun to have her on my arm at parties, but other than that there was no fun to be had in the relationship.

The woman I married is short (5-1), but fairly fit (she runs and has does martial arts (black belt)), she has dark hair that can get frizzy, she wears glasses (sometimes puts contacts in) and if I'm being totally honest her nose is probably a touch too big. But she's very intelligent and observant, has a great dry sense of humor, is very kind (animal lover), is super fun, and doesn't hesitate to fight for a cause. When I look at her, I consistently see the most beautiful woman I've ever known. At this point I'm not even sure I could see her as anything else.

Anyway, point is that at 21 almost everyone buys into the idea of beauty that advertising execs have created, but that will change. Sure, there are some people that will always just be "beautiful," but most people find their niche at some point.

PS - a little tip, adrenaline creates feelings of attraction, so next time you've got a date, skip taking her out with your friends and take her to an amusement park to hit the big rides instead.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:36 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,361,746 times
Quote:
I appreciate the gesture.

I don't think this is news to anyone. it's always that way in the natural world. Unattractive organisms are ignored for the most part.

Why don't you want to improve yourself? Women have known for centuries how important it is to improve yourself to attract a mate.

I don't think people think unattractive people are not human, they just don't want to mate with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.