Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 03:01 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Simple answer: It's easier than trying to get a girlfriend. 1. Would I rather want to have to get rejected over 90 times to get a woman to like me? 2. Or would I rather pay for sex whenever I want it? I don't pay for sex at all but If I had to pick, I'd choose option number 2 anyday of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
She knew he liked her she just played dumb with you because how would it look if she said "I know he likes me but I'm gonna keep him around because I enjoy being admired, checked out, etc " to you? Especially if she is reasonably attractive.

And the age thing? Nonsense. If a woman is attractive, then she is attractive regardless of age. The boy was an idiot because if a woman likes you she'll make it very clear.

Men are easy to read. Whether they are shy or not they are easy to read. Women are better communicators than women and if you could pick up that he liked her what makes you think she didn't?
She was genuinely shocked with Chandler.

Believe me, she has told me when guys have been after her before. Chandler, being 20, just didn't know how to do it. I could read it in his eyes, but she was truly oblivious to his attraction. After she confronted him, of course, she kept her distance because she was that shocked by it.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:14 PM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Default Why Do Men Pay for Sex?

Because usually that is the only way to get sex.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:29 PM

540 posts, read 453,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
She was genuinely shocked with Chandler.

Believe me, she has told me when guys have been after her before. Chandler, being 20, just didn't know how to do it. I could read it in his eyes, but she was truly oblivious to his attraction. After she confronted him, of course, she kept her distance because she was that shocked by it.
If it's true then this situation was truly an exceptional one and doesn't happen nearly as often. Nothing is 100%, but trends do exist which is why I speak in generalizations.

My first thought was that she acted shocked when she knew you noticed and tried to save face, but hey if she didn't know she didn't know.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
If it's true then this situation was truly an exceptional one and doesn't happen nearly as often. Nothing is 100%, but trends do exist which is why I speak in generalizations.

My first thought was that she acted shocked when she knew you noticed and tried to save face, but hey if she didn't know she didn't know.
She had convinced herself nothing was there because he is 20. He isn't a social butterfly, so he doesn't know how to translate attractions into actions. He does the high school stuff that we all know better than do now. Its really why she didn't feel that way.

As I said, shes seen it coming from miles away with every other guy.

She is an attractive woman. She has men interested a lot. All mine though, as I am all hers

Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
It's not only men who pay for sex. As women become more financially independent and career oriented, an increasing number of women pursue sex with male prostitutes. Women who pay for sex with men account for the largest percentage increase in prostitution clients. There is a growing trend of Western women engaging in an unofficial form of sex tourism to The Caribbean, Africa, and coastal areas of Spain and Greece. So, the question should be "Why do people pay for sex?".

I think there are two basic answers. Firstly, exchanging cash or other products/services of monetary value for sex, allows individuals to engage in sexual contact without the added emotional and psychological strings attached. The second reason is that the prostitute will often offer something not otherwise readily available to the client. This may be a specific kind of sexual contact, the opportunity to engage in a fantasy scenario, or the opportunity to have sexual contact with someone who would normally be basically unattainable in a relationship by virtue of that prostitute's age or level of sexual attractiveness.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:46 PM

540 posts, read 453,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
She had convinced herself nothing was there because he is 20. He isn't a social butterfly, so he doesn't know how to translate attractions into actions. He does the high school stuff that we all know better than do now. Its really why she didn't feel that way.

As I said, shes seen it coming from miles away with every other guy.

She is an attractive woman. She has men interested a lot. All mine though, as I am all hers
That's what I figured. She probably had a gut feeling, but rationalized it by saying "no why, I'm way too old for him". Gut feelings tend to have a way of manifesting and tend to have truth to them.

Shy as he may be, he's still a man and there is always that hint of the "hunter" inside him. He might not have verbalized it, but his actions prove otherwise and as you said she's attractive. A man friends with an attractive woman?

I have attractive female friends and I want to sleep with all of them and most of them I have...and they are the ones I talk to the most

Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
You're misinterpreting the quote. The idea is that, a lot of guys can get sex for free (or "free") from regular dates/girlfriends/etc....but it would be, let's say "uncouth" to insist them leave immediately afterwards. With a prostitute, that's assumed as part of the deal. It's not that the prostitute would want to stay, it's that the girlfriend would.
If she doesnt want to stay, you're not really paying her to leave, are you? I mean, I get the GURLS R ANNOYING LULZ, but think it's not the best written little dig in the bunch. That's all.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:45 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Simple answer: It's easier than trying to get a girlfriend. 1. Would I rather want to have to get rejected over 90 times to get a woman to like me? 2. Or would I rather pay for sex whenever I want it? I don't pay for sex at all but If I had to pick, I'd choose option number 2 anyday of the week.

Why would you get rejected 90 times? I'm about 20 years older than you and have been rejected that many times in my life and I'm nothing special, below average is most respects.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:30 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I think we've already been over this....several times.......

You're not going to get a concrete answer as to why.....
Nah, here it is: Sex is entertainment for men much the way video games or professional sports is. We pay for that stuff too because they're fun experiences. Sex is serious business for women first and foremost and casual entertainment only occasionally when the stars align correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships