Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 12:39 AM

290 posts, read 213,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

The quality of women hasn't gone way down. It's the dating scene, attitudes and complexes that's the same-old, same-old.
Lol, you can't seriously believe this? I actually like your posts...but sometimes I wonder if you are living on cloud 9.

There HAS BEEN a shortage of quality women. If that wasn't case...why have so many males resorted to PUA/dating material?

Last edited by 2kCity33; 08-25-2014 at 12:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 12:42 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
Lol, you can't seriously believe this? I actually like your posts...but sometimes I wonder if you are living on cloud 9.

There has been a shortage of quality women. If that wasn't case...why have so many males resorted to PUA/dating material?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that poster is older and does not have children. Thus, there's no way she could really know the state of dating for younger men. Most older women are completely unaware of the lack of quality of women our age until they see it firsthand. They are living in another era and do not see things as they are.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
There has been a shortage of quality women. If that wasn't case...why have so many males resorted to PUA/dating material?
That has nothing to do with the availability of quality women. Those are guys who are paralyzed by shyness, and need a boost to overcome that. We've had plenty of them posting here. They don't complain about the lack of quality women, but about their inability to talk to women.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:50 AM

290 posts, read 213,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that poster is older and does not have children. Thus, there's no way she could really know the state of dating for younger men. Most older women are completely unaware of the lack of quality of women our age until they see it firsthand. They are living in another era and do not see things as they are.
I actually remembered that Ruth is an older woman. In that case, I don't really blame her.

Like my Mother..she is completely naive to how dating is nowadays.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:51 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I have quite a few "quality women" friends in their 20's, and a few guy friends that age, too. The guys have gf's or are married. The women have MA's and are pursuing careers or further grad study. None of these people is into partying, or ever were. Maybe you guys just don't know how/where to find "quality" women?

If you go back in the thread, you'll see that other posters, male and female, agreed with me, including young ones...

Old 08-25-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I actually remembered that Ruth is an older woman. In that case, I don't really blame her.

Like my Mother..she is completely naive to how dating is nowadays.
Yeah, one of my supervisors at work is a female in her 30s. We have kind of a brother-sister relationship. She's shocked to hear how women even 10 years younger than her act. It's funny too....whenever we're talking about dating stuff as a group, I'll mention how difficult younger guys have it and how low quality the women our age are and then she'll ask around and all of the other guys in our office end up agreeing with me (many of these guys are false bravado types that would likely normally say that all women are awesome....but become totally honest once they hear another guy being totally honest).

Old 08-25-2014, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but I have quite a few "quality women" friends in their 20's, and a few guy friends that age, too. The guys have gf's or are married. The women have MA's and are pursuing careers or further grad study. None of these people is into partying, or ever were. Maybe you guys just don't know how/where to find "quality" women?

If you go back in the thread, you'll see that other posters, male and female, agreed with me, including young ones...
I've never met these women when they are actually available. I suppose they're like unicorns....available in multiple stories online, but nowhere to be found in real life.

The women that I meet in real life (and I'm in a career field that is becoming dominated by highly successful women) are usually either married or single with EXTREME baggage. So I spend a good portion of time meeting and becoming quite close to women.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,847 times
Quote:
Being "remotely attractive" doesn't even get you noticed by anyone, let alone tall, modelesque men. Those aren't what most "remotely attractive" women are looking for, anyway. I don't know why people keep thinking that.
Yeah when a woman is single all these men say she is picky. I wasn't picky I just refused to date low quality men. Low quality doesn't mean short, middle income, average weight and looks. Low quality to me means several kids by different people, unattractive (a slob basically), a stalker, a job they are too old to be doing or not working at all, etc.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:04 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,131,761 times
Quote:
Yeah, one of my supervisors at work is a female in her 30s. We have kind of a brother-sister relationship. She's shocked to hear how women even 10 years younger than her act. It's funny too....whenever we're talking about dating stuff as a group, I'll mention how difficult younger guys have it and how low quality the women our age are and then she'll ask around and all of the other guys in our office end up agreeing with me (many of these guys are false bravado types that would likely normally say that all women are awesome....but become totally honest once they hear another guy being totally honest).
Being in your 30s is not an "older woman", unless you are like 18, in which case, you are still a boy & need to grow up.

Women 10 years younger are hardly women - they are girls, and they have growing up to do too. Let them grow up. FYI, the ones who will grow up into quality women are likely not focused on dating right now & generally won't be a part of any party scene. That doesn't mean they are not open to dating, but it won't be the focus, and they likely won't be engaging in hook-ups to boost their self-esteem. This means you will need to meet them in places where people refine themselves and grow into better people, not places where people party & hook-up.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:21 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,825,889 times
Quote:
This has been my general experience in dating. Any woman that is remotely attractive and single is likely very picky.

I highly doubt that women on this thread are being honest, as it definitely has not been true from what I've observed and experienced in real life. Most women complain that there are no guys out there, but what they really mean is that there are no 6 foot+, modelesque men with very good jobs and great personalities.
You are saying that attractive women want to date attractive men. OMG, how dare they!

I guess they didn't get the memo that they should be dating unattractive men with crummy jobs and bad personalities.

Then you go on to say that quality women are as rare "unicorns". Sounds a lot like the pot calling the kettle black, doesn't it?

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 08-25-2014 at 02:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships