Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:46 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
That's because it hadn't happened yet in the first post. There's been progress here - you must follow the entire saga .

I want him to ask me out. I don't want to ask him out. Whether he's shy or intimidated by me or whatever it is, he's still they guy and I want him to do it. I also don't want to emasculate him by asking him out, which basically implies that I don't think he has the balls to ask me out (which frankly I AM starting to think, but he doesn't have to know that).
Do you overanalyze everything? My word.

Rather than agonize over every single word or facial tic, do yourself a gigantic favor and simply ask him out. Three hours together at a restaurant or a club or on a picnic, and you'll learn everything you need to know. Your gut will tell you if there's anything there.

Sorry to be so abrupt about it, but you're obsessing over something when actually doing something will answer these questions for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 10:54 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Do you overanalyze everything? My word.

Rather than agonize over every single word or facial tic, do yourself a gigantic favor and simply ask him out. Three hours together at a restaurant or a club or on a picnic, and you'll learn everything you need to know. Your gut will tell you if there's anything there.

Sorry to be so abrupt about it, but you're obsessing over something when actually doing something will answer these questions for you.
I had been done with it, but certain posters kept wanting the scoop, so I'm giving people the scoop.

But, yes, honestly I probably do overanalyze. I've always been a perfectionist and I get neurotic about life sometimes. I didn't mind being this way until recently, now it's just getting in the way of my own happiness I think.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:57 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
I had been done with it, but certain posters kept wanting the scoop, so I'm giving people the scoop.

But, yes, honestly I probably do overanalyze. I've always been a perfectionist and I get neurotic about life sometimes. I didn't mind being this way until recently, now it's just getting in the way of my own happiness I think.
Yeah. I get it. You don't want to just do everything by the seat of your pants, but paralysis by analysis is really a horrible way to live.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:57 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Stava, if it hasn’t happened by now it isn’t ever going to happen. You won’t ask him out, the desired situation that he is waiting for, as a real man is not emasculated by anything, only a pssy that you wouldn’t be attracted to anyway. If you could somehow start thinking of the other person for a change instead of fixating on you and what you want you might just have the good time and happy ending that you want. That would be cool wouldn’t it?

Hard. Easy.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah. I get it. You don't want to just do everything by the seat of your pants, but paralysis by analysis is really a horrible way to live.
I will say that I always think something is going to go wrong. If we want to get Freudian here, I had a very unpredictable childhood and so I developed this "need to know" so that I could navigate myself through life. But at this point in my life I just feel too neurotic and it's getting in the way. It's like this undercurrent of negativity that won't seem to go away. I can physically relax but mentally relaxing is not what I do!

Old 10-24-2014, 11:22 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,577 times
Quote:
I want him to ask me out. I don't want to ask him out. Whether he's shy or intimidated by me or whatever it is, he's still they guy and I want him to do it. I also don't want to emasculate him by asking him out, which basically implies that I don't think he has the balls to ask me out
So, you don't want him, because this ^ is not him. You want some idealized version of a man who gives you what you want. Nothing wrong with wanting what you want, but something wrong with expecting someone to mold their own personality to fit into your ideal.

If you truly like this guy for who he actually is, stop expecting him to be someone else.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:48 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Additional compilation on this seems to indicate that you two are a perfect match if opposites attract is true. You want him to ask you and he wants you to ask him, the perfect opposite situation, as neither one of you will initiate the conversation needed to move this forward. Maybe a third party or go between situation is desired, not sure yet what that would be at this time.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Well, I have read the whole thread, and I don't see what is attractive about him at all that makes you want him to ask you out.

I thought you were giving up on this because you decided he was just weird.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:11 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
OP I suggest you give him a long rope. Anyone who takes that long to ask a girl out can't be serious dating material.

Let it go. Focus on life and your own enjoyment. Peace.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, I have read the whole thread, and I don't see what is attractive about him at all that makes you want him to ask you out.

I thought you were giving up on this because you decided he was just weird.
I did think he was weird. But now I think he's just really sensitive and introverted. And I kind of find it endearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships