Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 02:58 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
"I disagree," said the INTJ.
I've taken the MB test about 5 times and I consistently score a strong INTJ..... not sure if that's a good thing or not.. cause when I read the stereotypical traits of an INTJ.... doesn't read well...LOL, at least to my analytical INTJ self....

I'm highly introverted as well as being pretty shy..... pretty much no friends and pretty much ok with it.

Friends can be a lot of work and drama at times.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 03:05 PM

346 posts, read 351,733 times
Quote:
"I disagree," said the INTJ.

I'm an INTJ as well. I can relate as good as anyone.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:09 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
Introverted is not the same thing as shy. Introversion is a way of thinking and processing information. Shyness has to do with timidity, nervousness, and a certain amount of fear.
I went out with someone like that for a couple of months, it drove me nuts. Some shyness could be ok, but to that degree no thankyou. I found I had to do everything including get wait staff attention whenever they needed something or had any kind of issues, in any situation that made them unhappy, plus there was a lot of passive aggressiveness. Not all shy men or women are like that, but it is what I encountered most often. I am typically a very quiet person, was as a girl quite shy, but, I stand up for myself and others in any situation. shyness isn't an issue for me anymore, though still a rather quiet kind of need to get to you type of person before I let loose. I prefer to avoid men that get intimidated to easily or I will steamroll right over them in certain situations and I don't want that kind or interaction in a relationship.

Quiet guy fine, shy, not so much when applying the meaning highlighted.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
I'm kind of shy. Not as bad as I used to be, but I'm a docile person. Extroverted people don't seem like shy people very much. I was bullied because of my shyness. To this day, I despise the people who treated me badly. If a person has a problem with shy people, they're people I'm better off not interacting with.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm kind of shy. Not as bad as I used to be, but I'm a docile person. Extroverted people don't seem like shy people very much. I was bullied because of my shyness. To this day, I despise the people who treated me badly. If a person has a problem with shy people, they're people I'm better off not interacting with.
Unfortunately we live in a culture that embraces the highly extroverted. It's just how things work here in America... I think that the USA is probably the worst for it, just simply because of how this nation was founded and some of the core values.. Not slamming America, just simply making note of it.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:19 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I went out with someone like that for a couple of months, it drove me nuts. Some shyness could be ok, but to that degree no thankyou. I found I had to do everything including get wait staff attention whenever they needed something or had any kind of issues, in any situation that made them unhappy, plus there was a lot of passive aggressiveness. Not all shy men or women are like that, but it is what I encountered most often. I am typically a very quiet person, was as a girl quite shy, but, I stand up for myself and others in any situation. shyness isn't an issue for me anymore, though still a rather quiet kind of need to get to you type of person before I let loose. I prefer to avoid men that get intimidated to easily or I will steamroll right over them in certain situations and I don't want that kind or interaction in a relationship.

Quiet guy fine, shy, not so much when applying the meaning highlighted.
Passive-aggressiveness in shy people is something I've noticed too. For the shy people I've talked to about this, they say that they see themselves as giving SO much to others, yet getting nothing in return, so then they get angry and resentful and they lash out. What they don't realize is that what they THINK they're putting out there is not actually what is being RECEIVED by others. If a shy person has good intentions but isn't actually sharing or communicating those intentions, there is a lot of room for actions to be misconstrued.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Unfortunately we live in a culture that embraces the highly extroverted. It's just how things work here in America... I think that the USA is probably the worst for it, just simply because of how this nation was founded and some of the core values.. Not slamming America, just simply making note of it.
Just like some extroverts don't like shy people, shy people don't like extroverts. Not bashing outgoing people, but some of them can be overbearing sometimes.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:29 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
As a kid, I was bullied to the extreme for my shyness, but I pulled myself out of that kind of way of being in middle school. I never after the fifth grade allowed anyone to intimidate or bully me to that degree again. People still tried, and I was still shy to a large degree, but, no one would ever get away with being a bully to me anymore as I wasn't having it. I don't dislike shy people, I just don't want to be with someone that allows others to walk all over them.

PS, I'm still a very quiet reserved person, but, I speak my mind.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:30 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Passive-aggressiveness in shy people is something I've noticed too. For the shy people I've talked to about this, they say that they see themselves as giving SO much to others, yet getting nothing in return, so then they get angry and resentful and they lash out. What they don't realize is that what they THINK they're putting out there is not actually what is being RECEIVED by others. If a shy person has good intentions but isn't actually sharing or communicating those intentions, there is a lot of room for actions to be misconstrued.
agreed!

Also, not all, but a lot of shy folks are co-dependent. They don't stand up for themselves until they couldn't take it anymore. You never know what is really on their minds. Most of them are lovely people, just hard to get rid of or deal with.

I was never shy, was never attracted to shy guys.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Just like some extroverts don't like shy people, shy people don't like extroverts. Not bashing outgoing people, but some of them can be overbearing sometimes.
Extroverted people can be extremely annoying and they also come off as needy to me...... of course these are generalizations and I'm usually against making too many sweeping comments.

In my experience is how I should frame this argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships