Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,075 times

Advertisements

I do feel very happy with my boyfriend, but just one thing bothers me.

He likes talking to different girls on fb a lot, and in reality as well. Also he likes checking out attractive/interesting girls on instagram, and would told me he finds someone attractive/beautiful. He even tells me he find some models' body very sexy.

Meanwhile he tells me there's nothing I should be mad with, and said in his culture it's very normal.

Not sure, I think even people are from different culture we have basic feelings that are similar... What would you do in this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewhite View Post

He likes talking to different girls on fb a lot, and in reality as well. Also he likes checking out attractive/interesting girls on instagram, and would told me he finds someone attractive/beautiful. He even tells me he find some models' body very sexy.

Meanwhile he tells me there's nothing I should be mad with, and said in his culture it's very normal.

Not sure, I think even people are from different culture we have basic feelings that are similar... What would you do in this situation?
I wouldn't waste any energy on the model types, but the real life women in his life and he's being overly flirty and or interested in them is a problem.... I would think.... him dropping the culture reference is lame..... if he's doing things to make his lady uncomfortable in the present and now that all that matters...... let him know how you feel and if he doesn't change his behavior drop him like a bad habit.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:44 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wouldn't waste any energy on the model types, but the real life women in his life and he's being overly flirty and or interested in them is a problem.... I would think.... him dropping the culture reference is lame..... if he's doing things to make his lady uncomfortable in the present and now that all that matters...... let him know how you feel and if he doesn't change his behavior drop him like a bad habit.
^^^^ I agree.

I am a married female.

I would never get involved with a guy like your boyfriend when I was single.

Time for you to move on, and the sooner the better.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:45 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
cant really offer any advice because i have never been into the whole fb, instagram, social media thing

i notice that this generation of people build self-esteem off of nonsence like twitter followers and other bs like that.. i cant relate to it as it all seems fake and artificial to me

its obviously bothering you so i think the best thing for you to do is duscuss it with your bf

ask him why it is so neccessary to chat with strangers eveb though it makes you uncomfortable

good luck

Old 08-24-2014, 06:50 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:

Find a guy from a different culture. Tell your current guy you're not able to overcome the cultural differences between you two.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:05 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Dump him and move on.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:16 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
I'm not with a girl unless I'm into her. And when I'm into her, she's the one I revolve around. I have no need to seek out other opportunities to check out women. It's weird that he's going out of his way to find women to ck out, like on Instagram, etc. Like he's making a hobby of it. Find someone who's into YOU.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:20 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times
Leave his butt in the dust. I'd lay it down if my now husband ever did that. If he can't even keep his eyes on you then he won't be able to keep anything within your relationship. These types are like this no matter who they're with. It's his problem, not you.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Ewww he's a perve.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:16 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,885 times
Quote:

Nope, I won't stay with a guy like that. My ex was that way. I find that very disrespectful and gives me the impression that they are bored. His eyes should only be focused on you. He should look at you like you're the only girl in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships