Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times

Advertisements

Monday's the day. Next tat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 03:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
I got my tattoos (two, small, and not readily visible unless I choose to show them) in large part specifically BECAUSE I (apparently) "don't come off like a person who would have tattoos." I like the incongruity, and I've never been one to pander to stereotypes. I'm the furthest thing from bad-ass or counterculture or hipster...which makes my tattoos a little bit of a surprise.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:17 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I got my tattoos (two, small, and not readily visible unless I choose to show them) in large part specifically BECAUSE I (apparently) "don't come off like a person who would have tattoos." I like the incongruity, and I've never been one to pander to stereotypes. I'm the furthest thing from bad-ass or counterculture or hipster...which makes my tattoos a little bit of a surprise.
Some times we need to get rid of other's preconceived opinions of us. My friends know and have seen my tats but the people I haven't seen in years wouldn't think I was "the type" to get tats.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:13 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Tramp stamps are ok, lol, and a little ankle tattoo maybe, that's it for me. Anything more than that and I'm not a fan, unless it's Megan Fox, I can make an exception. A tramp stamp is ok with me, though, as long as she's ok being a tramp with me.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM

6 posts, read 8,431 times
1) To answer the question: Yes I would date a woman or a man with tattoos, be they covered or just have one tiny never ever seen one, as long they were a good person. In fact I tend to prefer the heavily tattoo folks, because for me it's a turn on.
2) I have three tats right now (including a chest piece or the infamous 'upper boob' tattoo) and I plan to be covered. I'm chick and if your not going to date me or what ever, because of my tattoos, I'm fine with that. But if anyone tells me to my face that I'm trash, or a *****, etc. because them of I will slap them. I am not *****, or trash, or stupid because I choose to honor my family, loved ones, beliefs, interests, history, struggles and successes in a way that you do not think hot. I find something spiritual about tattoos and being tattooed, because for me at lest I feel connection to a age old ritual, being marked as an individual in tribal way. Tattoos communicate directly, and without the need to speak, some thing about the wearer, be it Russian prison tattoos or new school Americana. P.S. don't use age as excuse to judge people, my grandma loves my tattoos.
3) No one here seems to want to talk about the tattooed people who we're told to look up to (other then the rich and famous right now) People like Edison, FDR, Churchill, Prince Charles, Prince Rudolph, Prince Frederik, and Richard the Lion Hearted, King of England. And this is just the short list.
4) Tattoos, and other forms of body modifications are some of the oldest and most wide spread forms of art. Just about every culture on the face of the plant, has or does practice some kind of body modifications. This isn't just a fade or a phase. Tattoos have been around about as long as humanity. People have always felt a need to mark themselves. So I'm sorry to everyone who hates 'em but tattoos, and other body mods are here to stay.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:15 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,576 times
No. It's probably one of my top-ten turnoffs. I don't care if it's the size of a quarter. I don't think they are any less of a person for having tats, they are just a person I'm not interested in.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieGrrl View Post
1) To answer the question: Yes I would date a woman or a man with tattoos, be they covered or just have one tiny never ever seen one, as long they were a good person. In fact I tend to prefer the heavily tattoo folks, because for me it's a turn on.
2) I have three tats right now (including a chest piece or the infamous 'upper boob' tattoo) and I plan to be covered. I'm chick and if your not going to date me or what ever, because of my tattoos, I'm fine with that. But if anyone tells me to my face that I'm trash, or a *****, etc. because them of I will slap them. I am not *****, or trash, or stupid because I choose to honor my family, loved ones, beliefs, interests, history, struggles and successes in a way that you do not think hot. I find something spiritual about tattoos and being tattooed, because for me at lest I feel connection to a age old ritual, being marked as an individual in tribal way. Tattoos communicate directly, and without the need to speak, some thing about the wearer, be it Russian prison tattoos or new school Americana. P.S. don't use age as excuse to judge people, my grandma loves my tattoos.
3) No one here seems to want to talk about the tattooed people who we're told to look up to (other then the rich and famous right now) People like Edison, FDR, Churchill, Prince Charles, Prince Rudolph, Prince Frederik, and Richard the Lion Hearted, King of England. And this is just the short list.
4) Tattoos, and other forms of body modifications are some of the oldest and most wide spread forms of art. Just about every culture on the face of the plant, has or does practice some kind of body modifications. This isn't just a fade or a phase. Tattoos have been around about as long as humanity. People have always felt a need to mark themselves. So I'm sorry to everyone who hates 'em but tattoos, and other body mods are here to stay.
I don't look up to anybody. I have never had any "heroes".

Old 11-08-2009, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'd be happy to turn down a guy who wouldn't date a girl with tattoos. While I don't have any (yet), the type of guy who would not date someone just because of how they look is not the type of presence I would like to have in my life in any capacity.
Well said, and I agree. I myself have no tattoos, but think it's rather shallow (and also a bit ignorant) to be so absorbed in self-appearance.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
never does never work for you?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
And, the wife and I choose not to have friends that have either. Call this "judging people" or whatever, but we simply choose this way. Only exception is some old military tattoos.
I can see not dating- but you really refuse to befriend people with tattoos? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships