Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 08:47 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times

Advertisements

Probably the angriest man that I know is heavily tattooed. He just plain seethes. Somehow he is in a LTR relationship but she's no ray of sunshine either.

I can't help but feel that living in a place, for the past decade or more, where good jobs were easy to get and all he could get was seasonal work, might have been a factor. He certainly doesn't give a good first impression.

I have long ago got used to most younger people having a tattoo or two and it really doesn't bother me at all.

However, it's the 5 to 10% who go completely overboard that concern me. When what's trendy changes, will they become permanent outcasts? Who will pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Apparently, just enough to make tattooed people feel like lowlife degenerate societal losers and to make un-tattooed people feel that much better about themselves.

I guess 3 would do it
It's your turn. The fatties need a break. LOL

Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,230 times
Quote:
Me neither

I love my tattoos!
I love one, the other I kind of regret as it was an impulse tattoo.

Tattooed men make me happy in the pants.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:03 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,263 times
I know this is like the third thread on tattoos, but I find it interesting, even the negative posts. I've been on the fence about getting a tattoo for years. When I was in my teens I was dead set on getting one, but then my friend convinced me not to in a way no one had before. She talked about how the feminine body is so beautiful and why mark it permanently? I thought about it, and realized she had a point.

But still, I've considered getting a tattoo in a hidden spot that I would only let my partner see. It's a symbol that's important to me. But I'm afraid, like others have stated, that I would regret it.

I think till I know for sure, I'm going to hold off.

Anyway, just my personal thoughts on the subject.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:43 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I know this is like the third thread on tattoos, but I find it interesting, even the negative posts. I've been on the fence about getting a tattoo for years. When I was in my teens I was dead set on getting one, but then my friend convinced me not to in a way no one had before. She talked about how the feminine body is so beautiful and why mark it permanently? I thought about it, and realized she had a point.

But still, I've considered getting a tattoo in a hidden spot that I would only let my partner see. It's a symbol that's important to me. But I'm afraid, like others have stated, that I would regret it.

I think till I know for sure, I'm going to hold off.

Anyway, just my personal thoughts on the subject.
Yes, the discussion of whether you should or shouldn't get one is interesting. 40/55 pages (in one thread alone) of "tattoos are an ugly disgusting dumb trend" is not.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
And I think not having a tattoo shows you're a boring, uninteresting person.

Okay, I really don't think that, but it's in the same vein. People get tattoos for different reasons and sure, some have REALLY bad judgement, but many others are just normal people who like an odd type of art.
Why does somebody need a tattoo to be interesting? What defines interesting?

If you're pushing the argument of acceptance/tolerance, and everyone being different, then would the counter-argument that some people couldn't give a poo about body art, or simply see no need for a tattoo be pertinent as well?

In truth, the 1950s mentality is still big in the US, so i'm surprised that people are shocked at the opposition to tattoos here.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
I would not.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:06 AM

283 posts, read 458,602 times
Would you date a girl with tattoos?

Yes If she tattooed my smiling face on her back and if she tattooed my name on her left or right arm.

I'm whiling to go as far and the same for her. Permanent.

If it hurts like H"E"L"L love her like H"E"L"L.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:13 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,059 times
she has to have one on her lower back...a large ships wheel and anchor with a ribbon going across saying "welcome aboard sailor"....

Old 07-28-2010, 06:19 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Absoultely not. I find that tattoos are disgusting because it shows a woman doesn't respect her temple enough and would rather desecrate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships