Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,424,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Would you date a girl with tattoos?
In a word, "No".

Just like biker chicks, tweekers, and ex-cons, nuthin' says "redneck trailer trash" like having a bunch of tats. Although I can probably understand why those same kinda folks might think that putting black & blue marks on a woman's skin is "attractive"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 02:31 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,869,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
In a word, "No".

Just like biker chicks, tweekers, and ex-cons, nuthin' says "redneck trailer trash" like having a bunch of tats. Although I can probably understand why those same kinda folks might think that putting black & blue marks on a woman's skin is "attractive"...
I tend to agree; many people don't think of the consequences ( having a body loaded with tatoos, as they approach their senior years, just might look foolish); also, there is the more important consideration of possible infection, i.e. hepatitis, etc.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,570,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I tend to agree; many people don't think of the consequences ( having a body loaded with tatoos, as they approach their senior years, just might look foolish); also, there is the more important consideration of possible infection, i.e. hepatitis, etc.
Actually, there is just as much risk of infection during a tattoo as there is during an average dentist visit. You have to be smart and choose an artist/studio that puts safety and cleanliness at the top of their priorities.

I took my 66 year old grandmother to get her first tattoos last year and she's hooked

Yes, I've considered what I will look like when I move into my senior years and there is a HUGE different in quality between the ink that was previously used and the ink currently used in tattoos. The ink currently in use is far less likely to bleed out and fade because they use higher quality ingredients. If you take care of your skin (this is a biggie!) and get touch ups every once in a while your tattoo should stay fairly clean throughout your life.

Personally, I think a person who has tanned their entire life will have far worse looking skin than someone who took care of their skin but decided to tattoo it.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,563,891 times
we wouldn't be compatible...

I'd be willing to give it a try--but it wouldn't work.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,126,029 times
If I meet someone I'm interested in, one of the first things I ask him is whether my tattoo and/or navel piercing would be an issue. Usually it isn't, but I've come across a couple of guys who have taken issue with it.

I think it makes sense for someone with body modifications to mention them to potential suitors, so that things don't get complicated later on.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:45 PM

51,965 posts, read 52,413,583 times
I don't mind a couple of small discretely place tattoos on a woman.

Not a fan of the tramp stamp thingy.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:48 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,424,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Personally, I think a person who has tanned their entire life will have far worse looking skin than someone who took care of their skin but decided to tattoo it.
So you mean my car's crummy faded paint job is gonna look better if I cover it up with decals & graffiti...?!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,570,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
So you mean my car's crummy faded paint job is gonna look better if I cover it up with decals & graffiti...?!
Well... I think you kind of missed my point.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:02 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,037,307 times
I would. Tattoos are not a deal breaker for me.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:16 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,621,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
I'm at a major turn point in my life. I had a 5 year relationship end a month ago and im trying to rebuild myself. I met a girl online that I have alot in common with, expecially in regards to being close to family, childhood memories and experiences, likes and dislikes and values.

Unfortuantly, I found out last night that she had two tatoo's that her and her best friend got together over the years while vacationing in florida. I've always found tatoo's disgusting and a complete turn off and though we've agreed to be friends for the time being, I am contimplating on telling her that we have no possibility of future relationship beyond friend because tatoo's signify a very insecure, troubled and otherwise uncaring person in regards to their body.

So sad, she's so awesome in so many ways but she had to destroy her body with those tattoo's and I don't think I can get over it. I know im not perfect, but I have standards for my partner in life and i'd rather being single, lonely and die alone then lower my standards for a partner. Life really blows sometimes....
You are a fool, my friend. This may the one woman you have been searching for your whole life, and you would abandon it for some body art.

Fool with a capital "F"

Would you feel the same way for a woman who survived nazi germany and was tattooed by Hitler? "I'm sorry dear, but you have a tattoo you are unclean now"

fool, fool, fool, fool, FOOL

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships