Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:04 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Yes. Whatever the reason maybe it just shows men are ready to go at it whenever, wherever, unlike a heterosexual scene where women are the gatekeepers, men have to jump through hoops, put some effort, put some money, women have to be convinced, all the drama, the headaches, etc. Not quite when it comes to gay men.
This isn't always true of gay men. Even in a gay bar, you can't just automatically look at every gay man and sleep with him!

The places where attracted men for casual sex (bathhouses, cruising places,etc) have largely been closed by the health department and the police department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 02:10 PM

346 posts, read 351,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
This isn't always true of gay men. Even in a gay bar, you can't just automatically look at every gay man and sleep with him!

The places where attracted men for casual sex (bathhouses, cruising places,etc) have largely been closed by the health department and the police department.

Back in the day, closeted celebrities frequented those places. George Michael admitted to doing it in London. Tevin Campbell got busted for soliciting an undercover male cop at a gay cruising place. Mase the same thing in Atlanta.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Back in the day, closeted celebrities frequented those places. George Michael admitted to doing it in London. Tevin Campbell got busted for soliciting an undercover male cop at a gay cruising place. Mase the same thing in Atlanta.
Those gay cruising places are gone, and the smartphone era would make them irrelevant anyway. Click of the camera icon on the smartphone and you got yourself some very interesting pictures to put online!

Old 08-26-2014, 03:05 PM

346 posts, read 351,862 times
Quote:
Those gay cruising places are gone, and the smartphone era would make them irrelevant anyway. Click of the camera icon on the smartphone and you got yourself some very interesting pictures to put online!

Yep, ask Kerry Rhodes. Who couldn't get a job in the NFL despite finishing the prior season statistically as the 4th best safety in the league.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:12 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
I am bisexual but lean straight and only go for a specific type of men (trans, twink, or shaved)

Guys are far more willing to be upfront and say I want this, but not that. You usually know where you stand immediately. With women, it's often harder to know. This leads to a mutual understanding if it's just sex, friends with benefits, or a potential relationship. A man may want just sex with a woman, but the woman then gets emotionally attached.

Gay guys are also less drama. I'm 28 and most desirable women are in a relationship or married. Most of the leftovers have kids, personal baggage, drama, etc. IMO, single gay guys are often more stable than single women after a certain age.

Guys also generally know how to please other guys and are willing to do so, and don't have the attitude of a hot girl. I was with a very slim, transgendered girl earlier this year who was awesome in bed and hotter than most women I've dated. He (still goes by Josh) is much hotter than most women and knows exactly how to treat a man. Most women wouldn't go a fraction as far as josh will.

I generally prefer women, but men can have their positives.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:08 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Are you trying to make straight men jealous of all the fun you're having?

Watching "Q ueer as Folk" always made me sort of want to be a gay man. No one had more fun than Brian Kinney.
***** as folk isn't far from reality. My lifestyle has similarities with those in that show.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I am bisexual but lean straight and only go for a specific type of men (trans, twink, or shaved)

Guys are far more willing to be upfront and say I want this, but not that. You usually know where you stand immediately. With women, it's often harder to know. This leads to a mutual understanding if it's just sex, friends with benefits, or a potential relationship. A man may want just sex with a woman, but the woman then gets emotionally attached.

Gay guys are also less drama. I'm 28 and most desirable women are in a relationship or married. Most of the leftovers have kids, personal baggage, drama, etc. IMO, single gay guys are often more stable than single women after a certain age.

Guys also generally know how to please other guys and are willing to do so, and don't have the attitude of a hot girl. I was with a very slim, transgendered girl earlier this year who was awesome in bed and hotter than most women I've dated. He (still goes by Josh) is much hotter than most women and knows exactly how to treat a man. Most women wouldn't go a fraction as far as josh will.

I generally prefer women, but men can have their positives.
Gay men are not less drama.

A friend of mine had a lover who was working as Saks Fifth Avenue. Under a different name his friend was collecting welfare. My friend was staying with him, and this dude was going to kick my friend out in favor of his lover. My friend reported the dude for welfare/social security fraud. His boyfriend/ex boyfriend went to jail.

So my friend is currently a single gay guy, and far from stable. And I've known my share of unstable single gay guys.

A gay man I knew did an international cocaine run from South America and made his lover carry all the drugs. When they got busted in South America the lover was carrying all the drugs, so my acquaintence ended up being allowed to return to the US. I have not seen the lover since and this was 13 years ago.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:44 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Somewhat.

A hot straight guy will have to beat off women with a stick. A hot gay has to deal with the fact that most of the men he's attracted to will be straight. Hot straight guy has it better by a mile.
Hahaha give me a break...

Not all hot straight guys have women swarming after them. Just because a guy is hot, it doesn't mean women can put up with his personality. I have had women tell me "your buddy xxx would be the perfect boyfriend if he never talked"

Yeah, most REALLY hot guys can get laid more than ugly guys that have equally crappy personalities, but it doesn't mean they don't have issues keeping women, or women who want to come back. If a guy is super hot but 35 and no job and lives with his parents, he likely isn't going to have women swarming to date him. Not decent women.

I haven't been on this forum much the past year, but I almost forgot about how looks and height are all that matters when it comes to getting women.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,812 times
I have some gay friends that I'm close with and their dating scene is drastically different.

Their scene is way more laid back and a lot of fun it seems. Guys are definitely not prude and DTF from what I've seen. It's too bad women can't be the same way lol.

Also it's true that guys don't care about the height thing like women do. One of my friends is decent looking and just 5'6" and has no shortage of good looking guys going after him.

One of them joked with me "I feel for you, It's too bad you can't just switch your sexual orientation because a guy like you could have lots of hot guys at your beck and call at any time." LOL

Old 08-27-2014, 09:02 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:
Gay men are not less drama.

A friend of mine had a lover who was working as Saks Fifth Avenue. Under a different name his friend was collecting welfare. My friend was staying with him, and this dude was going to kick my friend out in favor of his lover. My friend reported the dude for welfare/social security fraud. His boyfriend/ex boyfriend went to jail.

So my friend is currently a single gay guy, and far from stable. And I've known my share of unstable single gay guys.

A gay man I knew did an international cocaine run from South America and made his lover carry all the drugs. When they got busted in South America the lover was carrying all the drugs, so my acquaintence ended up being allowed to return to the US. I have not seen the lover since and this was 13 years ago.
It looks you know some exceptional cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships