U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:26 AM
TCK TCK started this thread

167 posts, read 540,294 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to share my wonderful happenings this Christmas season.

I am going through a divorce and funds are rather limited. I told my kids who are teens that they would get one present each. With great pleasure I was able to pick out two presents each - a blessing.

Went over to my old house and there was a Christmas card from a relative in FL, who I have not told of my situation. Inside the card was a $300 check. I thought how much this money could be used - food for a great Christmas eve and Christmas eve feast. Get caught up with bills and be able to give the boys some cash to pick out something they need after Christmas.

The next day I go to the bank and as I am lifting out the greeting card, checks go sailing all over the bank counter. Seems when I picked up the check and read the holiday greeting card there were actually two more checks stuck or under the one. I start laughing and smiling as I see there are two separate checks made out to each of my boys. I go up to the teller and tell her "there is a Santa Claus". I go home and give the kids their checks (the same amount as mine).

The next day, I start getting deliveries. Hickory Farms, Omaha steaks, Wine Country gift basket, homemade bread and jam, etc. Food to last through Christmas and beyond. I still can't believe it.

What a blessing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Oops!

Sorry. Put in wrong forum and don't know how to move.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:49 AM

365 posts, read 667,652 times
what a lovely story, Im happy for you...I know that feeling too, Im a single Mom too... its a tuff go, and any help is always appreciated...Merry Christmas to you...LuAnn

p.s. my ex sister in law lives in Sante Fe, she loves it...

Old 12-24-2007, 10:04 AM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 329,596 times
Thank you for sharing such a happy story (it made me smile). Your joy came shining through in your writing. I hope you and your kids have a wonderful holiday !

Old 12-24-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you Zorya and LuAnn. Glad I made you smile Zorya - smiles are Christmas presents too you know!!!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:46 AM

15,600 posts, read 37,143,618 times
What a wonderful story!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:50 AM

18,434 posts, read 32,078,886 times
that is wonderful! i know that feeling, and I know that is is wonderful..

I am so happy for you and your children. Merry Christmas!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:18 PM

17,842 posts, read 16,138,736 times
thank you for the great story and the great post! Happiness and blessings to you and your boys. Holidays were hard for me after the divorce because for years money was tight in my household, while over at their dad's they were rolling in the dough. I would get really depressed, fortunately I talked about it with the kids and they were very understanding. My big fear was they would love their dad more because he could buy all the fancy stuff, and he did, his idea was buy love and leave me looking useless. All along the boys said that the money was not important, and they knew exactly what he was doing, and they still loved me and our holidays together. Now they are grown and I am most glad of all that I shared my feelings with them. Kids know what is genuine.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Kids can be cool!

Have a wonderous Christmas Diamond D and everyone! We do need to give kids more credit. I have been rich and I have been poor. My childrens' happiest times were actually during the poor times, so they say. When they talk of their happiest memories, it was during the poorest of poor times. But these times seemed to be the most creative. The imagination and creative expertise I had to come up with to make them think "toast as a snack" was the greatest thing on earth still makes me chuckle with amazement.

If we can just learn to appreciate....what a wonderful and better world this would be.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

TERRI

Old 12-24-2007, 05:51 PM

17,842 posts, read 16,138,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK View Post
The imagination and creative expertise I had to come up with to make them think "toast as a snack" was the greatest thing on earth still makes me chuckle with amazement.
LOL I love it! "toast as a snack" One year I took us to Jack in the Box for Thanksgiving, and it was one of our all time favorite best holiday times together, they still talk about it. Another time I fixed "only orange food" for dinner = cheetos, sliced cheese, mini carrots, orange juice. They thought it was like the coolest meal in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships