Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:24 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Or maybe she doesn't know anybody she can have take a faraway picture of her.
Uh, right; she has no friends or relatives close by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 05:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Good God,I HOPE Glamour Shots isn't still around. Talk about awful...they put everyone, no matter what age, in a feather boa and cheap costume jewelry, and did severe makeup with a cheesy soft focus finish.
I tried Glamour Shots once. They didn't put anyone in anything. They said you can either bring your own clothes, or try whatever they had. The client chooses, not the photog or makeup person.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Some are photographers or artist that know how to do a picture.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I tried Glamour Shots once. They didn't put anyone in anything. They said you can either bring your own clothes, or try whatever they had. The client chooses, not the photog or makeup person.
Not where I grew up...it was like a novelty photobooth, with a trunk of crap.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:59 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ugh...I hate the way I look in photos. I make sure to only post the ones where I don't look like a man.

I don't recall ever scaring anybody off that I had met online. So I guess that's a good sign.
LOL, me too. For some reason my eyes are always in mid blink or I bug them open so I don't blink and if the flash goes off, my pale skin combined with my light hair and pale gray eyes... I look washed out. I tend to like outdoor pictures with sunglasses on because of all this.

It's actually been a bit of a curse and blessing (when I did online dating). Less men contacted me than I think would have if I was more photogenic (and looked less anemic or something)... but the men I did date usually said on the first date that my photos online don't do me justice. More than once I met men who were convinced I wasn't their date because I looked better in person than in the pictures. So at least that made the dates better since the men dating me were happier.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
I had a bf one time who, after we broke up and he was putting up a profile, photoshopped his pics to make himself taller and less plump.

I know this because he told me, and showed them to me to get feedback . So, yeah, people do it.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:00 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,589 times
Look man - what's the big deal? Some people:
A) photograph well - AND they're pretty good at makeup and hairstyles and wear SPANX Shapewear.

B) use photos from 20 lbs and 2-4-6 years ago. If they went to "Coachella" once, you can bet they've been before

C) and yes, photoshop well. I know a photographer who puts himself INTO group photos he takes, so he can be a part of the picture memories.

The important part of the tale, is you met/hung out with her IRL. You can decide "OKC match 61%" is the last word, or you can try harder to bridge the gap.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:56 AM

432 posts, read 491,686 times
I keep my pics as humble as possible as camera work isn't my forte.

That, said I can't get a response for s__t.

Damned if you do.

Damned if you don't.

Amirite?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol! This is funny! Do you normally eat 5 meals/day by 5 pm? + dinner at 6 or 7 = 6 meals/day?
I eat every day at 6 a.m., 9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. 6 p.m. and 8-9 p.m... So pretty close.. On weekends my first meal is usually at 7 or 7:30.. I just aim to eat between every 2-4 hours.. Also, each meal typically has 6-8oz meat and 1/2 - 1.5 cups of carbs depending whether I'm bulking or cutting and the time of day..

Needless to say, morning Dan and night time Dan look like they vary in about 5% BF lol..

If a girl was like this, that's totally fine, but when a girls pictures are blatantly like 30lbs apart, that's a big difference..

If a girl is say, 15lbs overweight on a 5'6 frame, that can be acceptable to me if it's decent proportions and she has some muscle... But being 30lbs heavier than THAT (i.e. about 45lbs overweight on a 5'6 frame) would not be acceptable for someone who I'd want to date...

Basically, I can cut some slack to someone with a few extra pounds, but if they are already pushing what my max amount I'm ok with in the pictures they would post, and THEN they are like 20-30 on top of that, I think that is where the problem is...

Old 08-27-2014, 07:18 AM

13,653 posts, read 9,711,429 times
In my online experience, as a man looking at photos of women, the amount of misrepresentation and prevarication increases with age. Women in their their early 30s, whom I eventually met in real life, look much like their photos, and often even slightly better, as they photos are often haphazardly taken. In the late 30s, the photo and actual visage/figure match well, albeit now the nod goes to the photo. In the early 40s, there is a palpable change; now photos are carefully posed and often quite dated. The real-life interview can be disappointing. By the late 40s (yes, I have a broad dating-range) the misrepresentation can tend towards the severe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships