Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:42 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe he's tired of all that attention, and wants a girl who can relate to him in a more down-to-earth way.
ROFL. I swear, some of the stuff you come up with sometimes. It's hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 05:27 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily98 View Post
There is a guy at my school who is insanely attractive - tall, beautiful face and a big muscular body, pretty much - and I have been checking him out a lot, but I am too shy to approach him.
And also, girls flirt with him and approach him like all the time - there's almost always someone staring at him or flirting with him or trying to talk to him - so I am afraid he might have a huge ego as well (although he doesn't seem cocky or anything), and he has probably had sex with several of them (why wouldn't he? it's extremely obvious that he turns them on a whole lot and make them shy and giggly).
How can I get a guy like him?
It feels like it would be really hard, since there are so many other girls he can choose from.
What do you have to offer that no one else does?

Actually, hold on.

I think there is a reason you would like a boyfriend like that. Perhaps to have all the girls envy you?

Maybe you should ask yourself why you want a guy like that?

Old 09-01-2014, 08:37 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The premise of this thread is sort of frigging irritating to me...... it's shallow at best..... deal with all the shyt men have to deal with, men who only seem to want the hotties.

If you want a hot dude.... man the hell up and go for it... same with how men have to deal with it.
I did, he left me for his weights.

"He wanted to pump thee iron"

Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Still doesn't make sense on how a socially awkward or introverted woman will have trouble getting a boyfriend since she doesn't have to approach and initiate
Because a truly socially awkward woman isn't going to be putting herself out there be approached by anyone, and even if she is approached, her anxiety and awkwardness will keep her from making and sustaining a connection with the guy. "Getting a boyfriend" isn't a one-time event. Just because someone says "hello" to her doesn't mean they're dating.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:38 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Because a truly socially awkward woman isn't going to be putting herself out there be approached by anyone, and even if she is approached, her anxiety and awkwardness will keep her from making and sustaining a connection with the guy. "Getting a boyfriend" isn't a one-time event. Just because someone says "hello" to her doesn't mean they're dating.
Yes but the guy is expected to lead the conversation so that can make a socially awkward women more likely to open up

Old 09-01-2014, 09:45 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Yes but the guy is expected to lead the conversation so that can make a socially awkward women more likely to open up
To quote a line from one of my favorite shows, "Did you grow up in the woods? Are you Nell, from the movie Nell?" Have you ever had a conversation? You need to get off the internet go be among people. Talking to someone who's so awkward and shy that they can't keep up a conversation isn't appealing or the basis of a relationship among normal people. A conversation and a relationship involves two people, and they both have to play ball.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
To quote a line from one of my favorite shows, "Did you grow up in the woods? Are you Nell, from the movie Nell?" Have you ever had a conversation? You need to get off the internet go be among people. Talking to someone who's so awkward and shy that they can't keep up a conversation isn't appealing or the basis of a relationship among normal people. A conversation and a relationship involves two people, and they both have to play ball.
Yes but every major dating advice article on the internet says the guy is expected to lead e conversation

Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Yes but every major dating advice article on the internet says the guy is expected to lead e conversation
^^^

Guy is expected to lead the conversation, take initiative, pay, romance, suggest where to go, not be cheap, etc. Is this a good or bad thing? Opinions will vary but so far this is what women generally speaking will prefer.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
^^^

Guy is expected to lead the conversation, take initiative, pay, romance, suggest where to go, not be cheap, etc. Is this a good or bad thing? Opinions will vary but so far this is what women generally speaking will prefer.
yep that is exactly my point so obviously social awkwardness will hurt men more than women

Old 09-02-2014, 08:12 PM

6 posts, read 5,130 times
Quote:
why do people argue that men taking initiative is something that a guy naturally instinctively does, they say it's not a matter of have to
because real manly masculine men do take intiative , I don't understand how western white men moan and complain about feminism but then act all girly and want a women to pay for dates, approach them etc most of these guys are loser bums

lol that's why I date older guys , and black men im tired of all this feminine im scared to approach a women talk I see from young white guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships