Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 12:44 AM

17 posts, read 160,778 times

Advertisements

I met a guy online last July. We talked online and texted for about 2 months before meeting face to face. We hit it off and were pretty crazy for each other. He was over committed (work and social/community obligations)and didn’t have time for me/a relationship, so we parted ways after seeing each other only 3 times over 6 weeks. We didn’t have any communication for about 4 months and then I messaged him to say happy birthday and we started talking again under the context of being “just friends” this time. He wanted to hang out as friends but I was putting it off because I still had romantic feelings for him. Then about 3 weeks ago he revealed that he also still had romantic feelings for me and wanted to try dating again. I told him that I didn’t know because I am planning to move out of state once my lease is up at the end of September. He still wants to see me and try to establish some kind of a relationship before I move. I want to see him too, but I don’t know how I feel about having a long distance relationship simply because there wouldn’t be an end to it. I don’t like the city where we live now and will never live here again and he will never move to where I am relocating. There is a possibility that in a couple of years we both may end up relocating to the same city (a third city, not where I'm at now, or where I'm moving next month) due to our industry being focused there. Part of me says not to see him or only see him as friends. Nothing more. Another part of me is crazy about him and wants to date him while I can and try to make it work long distance. To complicate matters even more, I’ve been out of town for a week and we’ve started being sexually suggestive via text. Not sexting but close. We have only ever made out, no fooling around or sex. Now I really want to sleep with him. It’s been 2 years since I’ve had sex so I’m a little sexually frustrated by this. Help me stay sane and not let my emotions and hormones cloud my good judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 12:47 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Making out is fooling around.

Other than that if you want to start something with him then do so, if you don't then don't.
If your judgment was that good emotions and hormones would have no influence at all.

PS ~~ "sexting" (which is not a real word) is more high school than adult from what I've heard.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:47 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Paragraphs are your friend. It's absolutely painful to read one large text blob like that. I'd spend some time working on your writing skills before you date again.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:07 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
Just follow your sens, I always do, it is hard but better not getting hurt with going behind with something not work. I feel for you I experienced that with my husband presently ex. I have moved with out listening to my sens. All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships