Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:58 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times

Advertisements

well on the cynical/jaded side, I quote W. Somerset Maugham "On Human Bondage"

within two lovers there is always one who loves -
and one consents to be loved

but back in the real world, mid-to-long term attraction must be mutual, and that's hard to find. Which is why there is so much "effort" and "sorting" in the dating pool. And "timing" can make or eliminate everything.

It's been exactly 1 week since I went out on a first date. I met her in real life, we had "excellent" txt game, she was diggin on my memes and sense of humor, said I was outrageous and she txt'ed back the same. In my mind, she's the best thing I've met all year. But admittedly I don't know much about her other than "she's real pretty", a nurse with a good job, lived in Vegas and moved back here after school.

We met for a date, she *hated* everything I liked to do on weekends, she's a gym rat who can do the *same* workout 4-6 days a week, she hates my (last attended and suggested upcoming) concerts, going out at night, avoids the beach/sun, etc. When I told her my job, she sighed with something between boredom and disgust/apathy, like her ex must've been similar. Within 20 mins she was checking her phone, watching other people walk in the room, eyes everywhere but on me. Sucks. She said she'd "let me know" when I asked for another date. I was thinking "best I've met all year" - but she was like "-NEXT!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Quote:
she was checking her phone,
It's rarely happened to me but if they do that in my face once I make a comment, twice and I immediately ask for the check. No way am I putting up with that crap.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Just like an actual chemistry experiment, it takes more than one substance to create a reaction, otherwise it's just a liquid in a beaker. Chemistry is something felt between two people. If it's only felt on one side, it's not chemistry.
yep

Old 08-28-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I was with you up to the last paragraph and just want to point out that chemistry is not only sexual. My husband and I have incredible chemistry, have had so since the night we met and began chatting at a Christmas party. I really can't articulate the feeling, other than it was like an unseen force drawing us to each other, in the way we think, communicate, interact with each other. It goes much much further and deeper than just the bedroom.
You are on a roll

Old 08-28-2014, 05:55 PM

226 posts, read 253,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen324 View Post
Can chemistry be felt by only one person? I started seeing a guy a few months ago and halfway through our first date I knew that I liked him. I was instantly drawn in. When he leaned in to kiss me I felt like an electric rush. I've never experienced what that's like before, to actually desire somebody. We dated a few weeks but he eventually broke it off and I'm just confused because I really thought we had that "spark". We got intimate every time we hung out so I know there was something sexual between us. Am I confusing attraction with chemistry? He told me he didn't feel as strongly about me as I did about him.
Happens to me all the time. It's usually caused by some character flaws (most women think) of mine. In reality I grew up tough and have lived a very hard life where you have to fight for everything and anything. Some past training to do bad stuff to bad men doesn't help either. You never forget it.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2D2 View Post
Happens to me all the time. It's usually caused by some character flaws (most women think) of mine. In reality I grew up tough and have lived a very hard life where you have to fight for everything and anything. Some past training to do bad stuff to bad men doesn't help either. You never forget it.
As Liberty2011 has already stated, if it's only being felt by one person it's not "chemistry", it's only attraction.

So you are being shot down by people you are "attracted" to, not people you have chemistry with.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
As Liberty2011 has already stated, if it's only being felt by one person it's not "chemistry", it's only attraction.

So you are being shot down by people you are "attracted" to, not people you have chemistry with.
I get shot down by everybody (women) I mean. The dislikes outnumber the likes. That and the fact I am sorta washed up doesn't help either. I'll be the 95 year old man who beats the neighborhood prowler within an inch of his life when I catch him......trust me on that one.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I get shot down by everybody (women) I mean. The dislikes outnumber the likes. That and the fact I am sorta washed up doesn't help either. I'll be the 95 year old man who beats the neighborhood prowler within an inch of his life when I catch him......trust me on that one.
And I'm sorry about that ....I was just wanting to help you understand what is happening to you isn't about "chemistry", it's about women not being attracted to you, see the difference?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And I'm sorry about that ....I was just wanting to help you understand what is happening to you isn't about "chemistry", it's about women not being attracted to you, see the difference?
I already could/can tell it. I won't or can't change who I am either, so that leaves me to be discovered as a diamond in the rough. The one who digs me up will be rich as hell, she can't be brainless to do it.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I already could/can tell it. I won't or can't change who I am either, so that leaves me to be discovered as a diamond in the rough. The one who digs me up will be rich as hell, she can't be brainless to do it.
I give up lol

Wishing you all the best and hoping you find the woman you have chemistry with real soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships