Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:41 AM

25 posts, read 45,831 times

Advertisements

Can chemistry be felt by only one person? I started seeing a guy a few months ago and halfway through our first date I knew that I liked him. I was instantly drawn in. When he leaned in to kiss me I felt like an electric rush. I've never experienced what that's like before, to actually desire somebody. We dated a few weeks but he eventually broke it off and I'm just confused because I really thought we had that "spark". We got intimate every time we hung out so I know there was something sexual between us. Am I confusing attraction with chemistry? He told me he didn't feel as strongly about me as I did about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I always wonder about that, too.

I had TONS of first dates in the last year.

With some guys i felt an instant connection, we had a blast, felt like we have so much in common, super compatible, I got goose bumps, we made plans for the second date, talked until the bar closed, spent another hour in the parking lot, he told me how pretty I am, .... and then I never heard back aka they ignored my text the next day and I felt like an idiot.

With others, I had zero connection, couldn't wait to get away, didn't talk much or told him dealbraeker stuff to get rid of him and kept it really short, left after 30 minutes. Then they texted me for a second date because "our chemistry was so great" and I wonder ...

Old 08-28-2014, 09:48 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen324 View Post
Can chemistry be felt by only one person? I started seeing a guy a few months ago and halfway through our first date I knew that I liked him. I was instantly drawn in. When he leaned in to kiss me I felt like an electric rush. I've never experienced what that's like before, to actually desire somebody. We dated a few weeks but he eventually broke it off and I'm just confused because I really thought we had that "spark". We got intimate every time we hung out so I know there was something sexual between us. Am I confusing attraction with chemistry? He told me he didn't feel as strongly about me as I did about him.

Yes, this.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:52 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
chemistry, is a bit of a vague concept. There are guys who can create chemistry, with almost every and any woman they please. Not kidding.

Sure, some women can too, with a healthy dose of charm, a part mental seduction, and a chunk in insincerity, absolutely people can.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:54 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
I wish I know the answer for that. The same happened with my ex husband. He did not feel the same way as I feel, I am not sure what is the reason is.

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Just like an actual chemistry experiment, it takes more than one substance to create a reaction, otherwise it's just a liquid in a beaker. Chemistry is something felt between two people. If it's only felt on one side, it's not chemistry.

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
chemistry, is a bit of a vague concept. There are guys who can create chemistry, with almost every and any woman they please. Not kidding.
I know, I have two coworkers, they hit on everything that has boobs and is between 21-50 years old.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:02 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Mmm...in my experience I don't like that many people...or feel a spark with them.

Most of the guys that liked me....I didn't like them back at all. And they are really good guys inside and out. I just don't feel anything towards them.

I'm starting think something is wrong with me lol

Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Mmm...in my experience I don't like that many people...or feel a spark with them.

Most of the guys that liked me....I didn't like them back at all. And they are really good guys inside and out. I just don't feel anything towards them.

I'm starting think something is wrong with me lol
Something would be wrong with you more if you liked every good person you met. You can't sleep with the entire world.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
Very often we women "feel chemistry" because we like the man for whatever reason. Men have a tendency to fake chemistry, especially when they know that we like them, for their own sexual pleasure. We could probably tone down our emotions so that it is not so obvious. Been there with the one-sided chemistry thing.
When he started talking sex early on, I realized that I had "chemistry" all over my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships