Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 03:23 PM

474 posts, read 318,052 times

Advertisements

My husband gave me a package of stale Peeps one time.........

You know...those packages of 99 cent marshmallow chicks they sell at Easter time. I like them when they're stale. (don't judge ) He bought them a week before he gave them to me, poked a hole in the cellophane and gave them to me when they were just right....so I didn't have to wait a week to eat them. It's the little things in life that sometimes mean the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 04:29 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
For a combination of my love's birthday and Valentine's Day, this year, I found this place and booked us a room there. I'd say this is one of the most romantic things that WE have done together...though I set it up. Much of the awesomeness of it was an unexpected treat.

This was one of three old properties up in a little mountain canyon town west of Colorado Springs. They were run as B&B previously, but the new owners seem to want to turn it into some kind of hippie yoga retreat, I don't know. Beautiful old buildings on a beautiful old property. I got us a great deal on a room, since they weren't really promoting the place and it was in the off season.

So we arrived, it was a surprise to my man, and the lady gave us a tour. It sure was quiet. I asked, "It's so quiet, are we the only guests here tonight?" and she said, "Yes, in fact you will be alone in the building tonight. Here are the keys, so when you're ready to go to bed, please lock up. Staff will be back in the morning to make breakfast." I asked if we were allowed to explore and look at the other rooms besides our own (they were all unique and had lovely antique furniture and all) and she said we were allowed to explore any room that wasn't locked.

Well. We took that as permission to "explore" to our hearts content, including some fun activities and photography....all over the place in that building. The galleries and fancy stairs, various rooms. After we inspected around looking for security cameras, and didn't find any, at least.

The place had a huge outdoor hot tub overlooking the canyon and the mountains. Our room had a big soaking tub with mirrors all around and heated floors. It really was an amazing old mansion, and we had it all to ourselves!

Old 08-16-2017, 05:16 PM

38 posts, read 23,849 times
So, I've always been obsessed with ghosts, death, Halloween, and everything paranormal and spooky. When I was 18, my then-boyfriend found a fancy restaurant located in an old Victorian mansion that supposedly is haunted due to 3 murders occurring there. He saved up for months(it was one of those reservation-only-$40-steaks type restaurants) to take me there. Oh my god it was so cool. Dark candlelit interior, with haunting music playing softly as we were led up a narrow, creaky stairway to our table. You could just feel the ghosts in the air. And if it wasn't amazing enough on it's own, he proposed over dessert. The relationship didn't last of course, but to this day that was the most romantic and thoughtful thing anyone's ever done for me and that dear boy will always have a place in my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships