Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,187 times

Advertisements

Say a woman finds out her boyfriend is a cheater and they live together, as such when she finds out she leaves all his stuff outside and tells him to find some other place to go. Do you think that is okay, and if so do you think it would be okay in the reverse i.e a man finds out his girlfriend he is living with is a cheater so he puts all her stuff outside and tells her to go live somewhere else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 01:24 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,524,640 times
Why not?

Old 11-15-2016, 01:57 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,119,903 times
All their stuff could get stolen or ruined. They might not even have actually cheated. If i came home and my stuff was outside, broken, stolen, rained on, etc I would call the police and press charges.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:11 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,230,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comixbooks View Post
Say a woman finds out her boyfriend is a cheater and they live together, as such when she finds out she leaves all his stuff outside and tells him to find some other place to go. Do you think that is okay, and if so do you think it would be okay in the reverse i.e a man finds out his girlfriend he is living with is a cheater so he puts all her stuff outside and tells her to go live somewhere else?
If someone is prepared to cheat, they should also be prepared for whatever consequences may come their way!

Old 11-15-2016, 05:26 AM

531 posts, read 386,361 times
Thats perfectly fine as long as there is proof of the cheating. Dont want your stuff to get ruined, dont cheat. Not that hard.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:44 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,212,109 times
I agree with the last 2 answers.

If the person had solid proof of the cheating, then they are right to kick the person out. So a simple solution, don't cheat on your partner. And if you feel the relationship isn't working, breakuo and find someplace else to live, then you would have moved all your stuff yourself w/o harm coming to it.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,996,276 times
If you don't mind appearing in court to replace damaged or stolen property.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:58 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,658,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comixbooks View Post
You don't have the right to put someone's stuff out just because they cheated, especially if you aren't the sole owner of the place. Maybe you should move yourself out instead.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:04 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,299,245 times
It depends on what you mean by okay. It probably varies based on state law, but legally you most likely need to go through a formal process to actually kick someone out if they don't want to leave. I know this from personal experience.

My mother-in-law found out her boyfriend was cheating on her. To make a long story short, the police were called at one point due to a domestic dispute. She told the police she kicked him out but that he wouldn't leave. They told her that since the house was his legal address she would need to go through the formal eviction process. FWIW, the house was owned by her in her name only.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:08 AM

23,177 posts, read 26,280,941 times
I have known people who have done this in a fit of anger and can understand the urge .
It definitely sends a message about how hurt and angry you are.
Planning to do it takes it to another realm completely when the planning should be used for getting out of the relationship in a much more mature and sensible manner, not to mention one with fewer possible legal problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships