Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 07:34 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steen324 View Post
I dated the first guy Ive ever been attracted to this summer and let's just say I made a lot of mistakes. (I'm 20, he's 23) On the second date I offered to go back to his house and watch a movie. Things got out of hand and we had oral sex. Our entire relationship was very sexual and I regret being so easy because I've never been like that before. I've been saving my first time for when I'm in a relationship with someone and he thought I was some easy disposable girl.

Another mistake I made was making plans with him instead of letting him come to me. He was interested in me but I never gave him the chance to take the initiative. He ultimately told me that I treated him like he was my boyfriend and got too serious too quickly. Oh and "fell too hard too fast." Again, I've never had a boyfriend and I'm really new to this. I think I was just excited to actually like someone. He, on the other hand, is experienced with girls. He's had quite a few girlfriends. His last girlfriend cheated on him so I thought he would appreciate someone nice. I have a big heart and I would never cheat on anyone. I think I'm taking this hard because I've never been "rejected" so to speak.

I just want this to be the first and last time this ever happens to me because it messed with me emotionally. Does anyone any advice? How long should I wait to do more intimate things when seeing someone new?
I've made similar mistakes. It's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them and try not to repeat them. If you know before the date that you're not ready for intimacy, don't shave and wear ugly panties so that you won't be tempted to go too far. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM

226 posts, read 253,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I've made similar mistakes. It's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them and try not to repeat them. If you know before the date that you're not ready for intimacy, don't shave and wear ugly panties so that you won't be tempted to go too far. lol
That doesn't work for many men, myself included. You will get the opposite reaction.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Or dirty ones. Lmao! Ewwwwwww!

Old 08-29-2014, 07:58 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,307 times
Quote:
I dated the first guy Ive ever been attracted to this summer and let's just say I made a lot of mistakes. (I'm 20, he's 23) On the second date I offered to go back to his house and watch a movie. Things got out of hand and we had oral sex. Our entire relationship was very sexual and I regret being so easy because I've never been like that before. I've been saving my first time for when I'm in a relationship with someone and he thought I was some easy disposable girl.

Another mistake I made was making plans with him instead of letting him come to me. He was interested in me but I never gave him the chance to take the initiative. He ultimately told me that I treated him like he was my boyfriend and got too serious too quickly. Oh and "fell too hard too fast." Again, I've never had a boyfriend and I'm really new to this. I think I was just excited to actually like someone. He, on the other hand, is experienced with girls. He's had quite a few girlfriends. His last girlfriend cheated on him so I thought he would appreciate someone nice. I have a big heart and I would never cheat on anyone. I think I'm taking this hard because I've never been "rejected" so to speak.

I just want this to be the first and last time this ever happens to me because it messed with me emotionally. Does anyone any advice? How long should I wait to do more intimate things when seeing someone new?
My guess is you're attractive, right? So guys are going to come onto you, and some will have better intentions than others. Your job is to learn to weed out and avoid the ones who just want you for sex. You will become much better at this with age. These guys will come on VERY strong, will "sweep you off your feet", but there is little to no substance behind it because they are shallow, insecure people who just see you as a conquest. And yes, you will feel flattered by their love-bombing, but in the end you're going to get tossed aside, as so many have before you.

My advice is to know yourself well and stick to your principles. Have standards that are unwavering. If you see a guy come on way too strong, don't allow yourself to get sucked in by the flattery. Give it time. Nobody has real feelings for someone right off the bat - those develop. So be authentic and consistent, and this will drive the selfish players away.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:03 PM

25 posts, read 45,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well it's good you seem to know what you want, and learn when something just isn't for you. I don't do casual sex either, or wouldn't do it, I should say.

So, this guy is probably a lost cause, but you did gain some experience from the situation. Also, in the future, on the off chance you didn't here, make sure the guy shows you STD test results, verifying that he's clean, if he's been active. Because even with oral, disease, can get in your mouth, which is probably the worst place to have it lol.

So, don't get spooked. Sex is great, and you should enjoy, but just know who you are, what you want, and take good precautions. Types of birth control, possibly using more than one, and having your partners be tested before things get hot. Reckless is never good. It's like drinking. Fine if one wants to do it, but don't get drunk and act stupid, because it can cause problems, sometimes very serious ones.
Yeah, he's a lost cause. The last time I saw him he said "If you don't sleep with anyone this semester, you'll call me over winter break and ask me to **** you." So clearly, he thinks I'm waiting around for his sleazy ass. Honestly, he was kind of an ******* anyway.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:17 PM

226 posts, read 253,670 times
Quote:
Yeah, he's a lost cause. The last time I saw him he said "If you don't sleep with anyone this semester, you'll call me over winter break and ask me to **** you." So clearly, he thinks I'm waiting around for his sleazy ass. Honestly, he was kind of an ******* anyway.
This guy is full of himself. No one honorable would talk like that.

Sorry hon....I can see clearly now.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:01 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
I'm friends with a girl that I have a limited sexual relationship with. We messed around in her dorm awhile back and she gave the go ahead for me to have sex with her, but it didn't feel right. She detested me for a bit afterwards, but she is now happily married with a newborn. I don't know if I have a point here other than everything can work out in the end.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:41 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
If you're using it as bait, most of them will shake the hook. If you're doing it to have fun, eventually you'll hook a keeper.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:33 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Woman. Easy?

Two words that do not ever go together for me.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:45 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,227 times
Personally, no I would not lose interest. I've only had sex with someone once on a first date, and she was the one who eventually broke things off. I would never think less of a woman for this, to me it just means she's horny and wants some.

I guess to some guys this is a turn-off, but never has been for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships