Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:12 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,729,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbell420 View Post
What I mean by that is, I don't understand how men can physically be with a women after sharing a sexual experience and have no emotional attachment.
The brains of men and women are quite different. Notice how you read People and we read The Economist. Y'all are far more emotionally driven. We're just not wired that way.

Quote:
What makes a guy become emotionally attached to someone? I keep trying to figure out what I did wrong. Any advice?
You didn't anything wrong. You had a few fun dates. There weren't any promises that were made that were broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 04:16 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,917,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The brains of men and women are quite different. Notice how you read People and we read The Economist. Y'all are far more emotionally driven. We're just not wired that way.
You can't be serious about this. Do you think magazine choices are hormonal, or dependent on X vs. Y chromosomes, or something? I read the Economist, and I don't go near "People" magazine. My gf's similarly hate fluff mags. Get real. Jeez.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-30-2014 at 04:25 PM..

Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 PM

Yes, I absolutely think that the entertainment and reading choices of men and women on the aggregate are entirely different. Have a look at the viewership of different shows, toys in children, etc.

People
PEOPLE.com Media Kit | Audience - Demographics

OK
OK! Magazine advertising. Small ads that get great response.
OK! Magazine - Bauer Media Group

Us Weekly
Us Weekly Demographics

70-80% of the readership of each is women. Sorry what were you saying again? Do you want to dig up viewership details on television as well?

Men and women aren't the same. I'm not sure why I have to explain this to another adult.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,322,300 times
Quote:
Yes, I absolutely think that the entertainment and reading choices of men and women on the aggregate are entirely different. Have a look at the viewership of different shows, toys in children, etc.

People
PEOPLE.com Media Kit | Audience - Demographics

OK
OK! Magazine advertising. Small ads that get great response.
OK! Magazine - Bauer Media Group

Us Weekly
Us Weekly Demographics

70-80% of the readership of each is women. Sorry what were you saying again? Do you want to dig up viewership details on television as well?

Men and women aren't the same. I'm not sure why I have to explain this to another adult.
You are correct, men and women are not the same (THANK GOD) - no reason to have to explain that.

However, you seem to imply that men are somehow superior, not just "different".

This is pretty offensive, and not at all true.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:13 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,917,029 times
Quote:
I'm not sure why I need to explain to another adult that reading selection is a matter of individual taste and interests. If you think women don't read The Economist or the Wall Street Journal, you're mistaken. Similarly, if you think all women by virtue of their estrogen or extra X chromosome read fluff mags, you're deluded. Sorry to burst your little bubble by dragging reality into the question. Reality is so much more complex and diverse than simplistic stereotypes. Too bad you're missing out on that richness.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:17 PM

No, YOU implied the superiority part. The only thing offensive here is you dreaming up things that I didn't write and falsely accusing me of something.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I'm not afraid to share my thoughts. If I wanted to put forward an idea, I would state it clearly.

Please refrain from further attacks on my character.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,322,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm not sure why I need to explain to another adult that reading selection is a matter of individual taste and interests. If you think women don't read The Economist or the Wall Street Journal, you're mistaken. Similarly, if you think all women by virtue of their estrogen or extra X chromosome read fluff mags, you're deluded. Sorry to burst your little bubble by dragging reality into the question. Reality is so much more complex and diverse than simplistic stereotypes. Too bad you're missing out on that richness.
You don't , as reasonable folks all already understand this.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:22 PM

15 posts, read 25,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
^^^^ I agree.

Both of you were not on the same page to begin with.
You really think so? Part me thinks some of this was my fault or that he just wasn't that into me or something. Why would he have had previous girlfriends before me then you know? Ugh I don't know I can't believe I was that manipulated.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:23 PM

51,850 posts, read 52,259,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbell420 View Post
You really think so? Part me thinks some of this was my fault or that he just wasn't that into me or something. Why would he have had previous girlfriends before me then you know? Ugh I don't know I can't believe I was that manipulated.

At your age you're still practically an infant.... there's much to be learned as we go... don't fret about it.... just keep your eyes open is all.....

Old 08-30-2014, 05:25 PM

The Economist Group: Media information :: Demographics

87% are male. People has a 70% female readership.

The example I gave, meant to further my point, is pretty soundly based in fact. I'd suggest that some of you focus on my argument itself, but the again, it's rather hard to disprove. Inserting your own inferiorities into an internet forum doesn't make much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships