Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: have you
YES I have 10 25.64%
NO I have not. 29 74.36%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:45 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,935 times

Advertisements

When I was a TEENAGER, this girl had possible feelings for me, and after confirming with the girl's sister, my suspicions were true. Then a week later, the girl confessed her feelings for me and she asked me how did I feel about her.

Instead of giving her a direct answer, my sick and twisted adolescent mind decided to give her a riddle to solve. When she solved the riddle, she would get her answer; however, the riddle was ridiculously long and tedious. I forgot what the riddle was set up and I don't remember how and why I came up with it, but if she wanted the answer to her question, she would have to go through it. After a couple of days, I had an epiphany-why should I allow her to solve this ridiculous riddle when I didn't have any feelings for her. It was really sick of me to do this.

So the very next day, I pulled her to the side and profusely and sincerely apologized for not giving her a direct answer to her question and allowing her to solve my ridiculous riddle. Then I told her that I didn't have any feelings for her. She forgave me and we became better friends after that-until she moved to Arkansas.

That's the only time I INTENTIONALLY led someone on. There are other times where someone liked me, and not knowing how they felt, continued to be friendly towards them; thus, them assuming that I liked them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 12:48 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
NO but some one like you did that to me his name was PINOKIO

Old 08-30-2014, 12:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
I never did.

I guess that is why I only had a handful of girlfriends in my life. If there wasn't a connection I wouldn't even bother going out with them.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:51 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
NO but some one like you did that to me his name was PINOKIO
Who? Pinokio? Who is that?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:57 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Who? Pinokio? Who is that?
That was the guy I was with at that time in high school. We did a stage drama he did that character Pinocchio since then he called as PINOKIO He did the same thing as OP explained. Some times he calls me, but not constant contact as we far way he lives in LA I am in EU that is Pinokio. But I hear that he got a big belly now.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:15 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Absolutely not, I would never do that. I've never understood people that play games, such a waste of time and so childish. I've had a couple women that played hard to get and I had no part of that.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Yeah they did so I avoided them.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Someone would have to be pretty evil to be that manipulative. What would someone gain from doing that? I guess some folks take satisfaction in making others look like fools and feel like crap.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:43 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
I haven't, and it's something I would want to avoid. If I liked someone, and they didn't like me, I would rather they come out and reject me than lead me on, and laugh at me with their friends, and/or behind my back.

I am not perfect by any means, but some things I wouldn't do, stringing along, cheating, drinking. Bigger stuff like that.

So, if I didn't like a guy, romantically, I would try to let him know it, rather than flirt and act like I do, then he wonders what's up, only for me to tell him "I was just joking."

Old 08-30-2014, 11:34 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
There have been a couple of cases where girls led me on to play with me as a joke with other girls, kind of like you see in those high school movies. Very intentional. But that was a long time ago when I was a kid and didn't happen that often.

As an adult, women have definitely led me on, though not of the intentional malicious variety.

Women like attention from guys. Other times they like to be validated, that a guy is attracted to them. Unfortunately, they draw it from guys they have no interest in.

I would get into details, but it's all been shared before. But, yes it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships