Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 11:09 AM

120 posts, read 110,323 times

Advertisements

I suppose it depends on their standards in men. Yes, even "obese" women have standards in men.

They can't "get" men unless men are interested in them in the first place and the men introduce themselves, or know them from work or from somewhere else. Are there such men interested in "obese" or overweight women? Oh yeah..............they're referred to by some as (which I find distasteful so I'll modify accordingly) "chu**y chasers".

My personal experience? My wife is overweight, and has been pretty much ever since she was pregnant with our son 32 years ago. Up until a couple of years ago she had no consequential health issues from her being overweight, e.g. BP, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. all within normal ranges. Now she's experiencing the normal health issues of a woman her age and, of course, her weight is weighing more heavy (excuse the pun ) on her overal health. Our family doctor is OK and doesn't lecture her about her weight. She's active around the house, garden, and flower beds and she works out moderately hard on a home treadmill (adjustable speed and incline). And, wink wink, I still find her pretty hot........and cool !

Good subject.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:09 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,356 times
Yes, and I see what my SO's sister is going through and it's sad. She is quite obese and it wasn't much of a problem when she was younger but now in her mid 40's, she's been manless for five years. She's still a pretty woman, has a good heart of gold and a wonderful personality but that only gets you so far.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
How fat though?

You don't have to give exact stats, just a ballpark. No troubles getting men huh.
5'2 strong build and need to lose at least 40lbs.

I don't have trouble getting "a man"but a good one for me yes.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:12 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
I think women of any size can have trouble. I see large women with wedding rings on all the time. I don't know how large they were at the time of their wedding, but they're large now and still married.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:15 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But what about the quality of those guys? Just because they're attracted to obese women doesn't mean they're desirable partners. Most women wouldn't settle for just anyone. Losing weight they'd have a better pool to choose from.
^I'm disappointed in you my dear, the pool has been as desirable as for any other women I've come across. Have you looked around and listened to all the thinner women who complain about what the men are like they are encountering, not much great pickings for them it appears no matter the size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Certain ethnicities seem to like fat women better than others. They may not marry them, but they're perfectly willing to "date" them.
What ethnicities would those be? Irish, Jewish? Those were the last two that tried to put a ring on my finger. So could you elaborate..

As far as men wanting to hop in bed with anyone, that appears to be the case no matter the size, so I wish people would stop using that nonsense as some be all. Look around, many women big and small are getting hitched with some desirables and not so desirables. Hit or miss no matter the size.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:18 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times
Weightism, a blaring obvious discrimination against overweight people, even if people do not want to outwardly admit it in society happens quite often.

I'm not overweight, but my best friend was. She's got a beautiful face, and since she lost weight, the number of guys hitting on her has increased.

I hear people all the time tell me: "Ew. Did you see that fat woman? That fat guy is so gross." Like I'm supposed to chime and agree. Annoying.

This doesn't justify in anyway shape or form how these people get treated, but people do treat others differently depending on their perceived appearance. Goes along with beauty bias, pre-judging and discriminating based on outward appearance.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:20 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Do they? I saw a few obese women yesterday and it just got me thinking.

When I say obese, I don't mean 5'5" and 160 pounds or something stupid like that.

I mean like 5'3" 250 pounds.

Sometimes I wonder if they are putting in work to lose weight. It's such an obvious solution to increase your attractiveness. If there were a way to do exercises to grow more height, I'd definitely be putting in hours a day.

Sometimes I think they don't because they have no trouble attracting a number of guys who like hefty women.

Opinions or personal experiences?

And let me just say that I probably would date an obese woman if she was cool.
Most fat women I see are with fat men.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:25 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Depends on the type of guy they are attracted to. If she wants a guy who is very muscular and works out all the time, she's probably looking for a guy who's got something of a fetish for obese women.

I'd say in general, no, overweight and obese women don't have that much difficulty attracting men either. But I live in a general area where BBW type women thrive and in many cases will have there pick of men. Not so much for men though.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:27 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think women of any size can have trouble.
This is true, too. There are plenty of slim and trim women who struggle as obese women.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:28 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Weightism, a blaring obvious discrimination against overweight people, even if people do not want to outwardly admit it in society happens quite often.

I'm not overweight, but my best friend was. She's got a beautiful face, and since she lost weight, the number of guys hitting on her has increased.

I hear people all the time tell me: "Ew. Did you see that fat woman? That fat guy is so gross." Like I'm supposed to chime and agree. Annoying.

This doesn't justify in anyway shape or form how these people get treated, but people do treat others differently depending on their perceived appearance. Goes along with beauty bias, pre-judging and discriminating based on outward appearance.
Oh lord, here we go with this crap. Being fat is not the same as someone being Black or Jewish. Somebody who's black can't stop being black, somebody who's fat can lose weight if they choose to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships