Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 12:16 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,443,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Being friends with ex's of any gender is normal. Your fiancee is not doing anything wrong. The problem is that you are upset by normal behaviour
I would imagine it's becuase everyone is aware the "friend" still proclaims love for the other and dispite that nugget everyone still goes around acting like it means nothing

It's the lack of seriousness given to the professed feelings of others that would be the issue in these situations, not so much the circumstance of former "lovers" remaining friendly.

OP can correct me if I'm off base, but that's where my mind would go if I had to put myself in the same situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 12:31 PM

6 posts, read 3,405 times
In answer to neilajones she cheated on me twice. So yes there's trust issues

Old 09-01-2014, 01:50 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,007,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs2014 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm in need of some serious advice.I'm in a relationship with a woman who i have gotten engaged to and I've been with her for a year and a half.we just moved to a new apartment and lo and behold two doors down is my fiance's old girlfriend who she was in a relationship with many years ago. Now this woman she used to be in a relationship with his admitted to me that she is still in love with my fiance. All this has been very uncomfortable for me however I have tried to be understanding about it but my fiancee insists on spending time with her. now I have to ask my fiance if she could please respect me and not spend time with her because she is an old girlfriend. For me is very hurtful. my fiance is told me that there is nothing going on anders nothing for me to worry about. To me this is irrelevantbecause I don't think it's right that she hurts me and spend time with this person. I have asked in a respectful way and tried to explain to her how much it hurts me but she insists on doing what she wants. this has effected our very negatively and I don't know what to do about it one of her opinions is it should make no difference to me because it's a woman and to me I don't differentiate gender
I tried to understand your post. As far I understood your post your self a woman or a man is not clear to me. And you say about your girl friend had a relationship with another woman before. And she still insist hang around with her and do what ever she wants. I am not sure how you call that woman as your fiancee? I don't see any respect or good communication between each other. The best thing is you two sit and talk.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,809,953 times
Quote:
then it is seriously time to let go and find another lover. you dont need the drama in your life right now. if you cannot trust your current lady, end it now.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:41 PM

6 posts, read 3,405 times
I'm sorry eveeyone . I'm a man and shes a mother of 2

Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
Why did you move two doors away from her ex? Did you know she lived there? Or did she move in afterward to be near your fiancee?

Is the ex the person with whom your fiancee cheated on you?

Old 09-01-2014, 09:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,809,953 times
Quote:
I'm sorry eveeyone . I'm a man and shes a mother of 2
i dont care if you are a baboon, and she is a lioness, the fact remains that there are trust issues here, and she is spending far too much time with this other person without regard to your feelings on the subject. you do not need this kind of drama in your life right now, so either sit her down, and tell her exactly how you feel about this, or let her go and find another lady that isnt carrying the drama and baggage this one is.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:48 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,178,043 times
A cheating bi sexual mother of 2 who doesn't respect you? How desperate ARE you?

Old 09-01-2014, 10:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,988,737 times
Quote:
Ohhhh..... that is very different. She is showing a lack of empathy and/or remorse.

Yes, in your shoes I would figure this relationship was not salvageable, and would be thinking about how to separate in a way that is best for the children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships