Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicecooperfan View Post
Who said leagues are just about looks and money? Typically those are the the tings that attract people at first but a homebody that plays videogames all day is going to be a lot less attractive and have a lot fewer options than someone that goes out and actually interacts with people.
Soooo. What are leagues about if not looks and socioeconomic status?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 AM

12 posts, read 13,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Soooo. What are leagues about if not looks and socioeconomic status?
Its the combination of those things with personality as well.

If someone is attractive to the majority of people you have to really be something to get their attention. People on opposite ends of what is commonly considered attractive are likely not going to end up with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
There is a reason why Miss Kitty went for Matt Dillon and not Festus.
But if Matt wasn't there... maybe she might have gone for Newly or even Doc.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM

326 posts, read 348,755 times
Quote:
Its the combination of those things with personality as well.

If someone is attractive to the majority of people you have to really be something to get their attention. People on opposite ends of what is commonly considered attractive are likely not going to end up with each other.
They are probably not attracted to each other so why should they?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
They are probably not attracted to each other so why should they?
I bet there are plenty of short fat poor balding guys that are attracted to Scarlett Johansson but there is no way she's attracted to them. I think that does a great job of illustrating leagues.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:31 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
If someone is attractive to the majority of people
you have to really be something to get their attention.
Is that so hard? Everyone is something.
What you really have to be ...is what THEY find appealing.

Yeah we'll need to pass certain minimum physical characteristics on the first pass...
but anyone worth being with will have other criteria they look for as well.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Is that so hard? Everyone is something.
What you really have to be ...is what THEY find appealing.

Yeah we'll need to pass certain minimum physical characteristics on the first pass...
but anyone worth being with will have other criteria they look for as well.
I'm not only talking about looks like people keep assuming.

What I am saying is that some people are generally seen as more attractive than others. With celebrities and any examples I can make relatable to people online it does come down to looks but I am sure you also know the people at your work who are just really likable people. They have have lots of options and they can be picky. The more they have to offer the quantity and quality of people interested in them and the more likely it is they'll get what they ideally want. This is opposed to someone the majority of people would find unattractive like a homeless person who is likely insane. If a homeless person wants to find a partner they're going to have to take what they can get because they're not bringing much to the table.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
I bet there are plenty of short fat poor balding guys that are attracted to Scarlett Johansson but there is no way she's attracted to them. I think that does a great job of illustrating leagues.
Not really. We do not actually know ScarJo. Maybe she thinks short, bald guys are sexy.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:42 PM

326 posts, read 348,755 times
Quote:
What I mean is when people feel two unattractive people should date just because they are unattractive. People act like just because they can't get what they want they should take something they don't want which is pretty stupid.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:47 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
What I mean is when people feel two unattractive people should date just because they are unattractive. People act like just because they can't get what they want they should take something they don't want which is pretty stupid.
I agree with you. Why settle for something you never wanted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships