Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 05:47 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times

Advertisements

It's warming up now....it's 7 degrees! A heat wave!!!!!!!!

Yep, I have no doubt at all that you will make it through your half day....with flying colors, no less!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 05:48 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Last night I got to the meeting place about thirty minutes early. I fell asleep in my truck and then there was a little knock on my window, it was L. I looked up. They were waiting for me. I was tired from all the driving and had that time for a snooze.

His mother brought them, kids said, because he is sick. She sped off before knowingt hat they were safely in the vehicle with me. Her car was gone before the kids got into mine.

I looked at L and they have cut 3-4 more inches off of her hair. Her hair used to be almost down to her butt, and now it is at shoulder length. I asked her if they asked if she wanted it cut more and she said no, Grandmoma just started cutting it, Mommy.

They kept the kids coats. UGH. I just was so upset that she lef tthem like that. God forbid.. what if there was something the matter with me, there in my truck. She would have never known, and the kids would have been left standing outside my truck, on Easter Sunday with hardly anyone around.

I mean really, I can think of all kinds of scenarios. Sometimes I wish he would just leave town. Or that i could just leave town. It makes me crazy sick how they are.

I suppose I need to go get my coffee before my Monday is totally out the window, thinking of them.

Happy Monday peeps!
Robyn, my ex always sleeps waiting for us. We drive longer (by almost 1/2) then he does, so some days he is left waiting. We never just leave my daughter though. We make sure she & her stuff is in his car.

I'm so far behind, have you gone to court yet? You might think to put something in the visitation agreement about this. I don't think his mother thinks.

Your daughters hair. wow. They really have a lot of nerve to cut it. Sounds like they've been slowly cutting it off. There is a charity called Locks of Love that takes donations of human hair, about 10 inches at a time to make wigs for children cancer patients. Sounds like they've already taken 10 inches, what a shame.

I also had experience with this. When my son was little (back in the late 80's) he had a tail. I'm sure you remember them. His "father" hated it but my son loved it. My son used to twirl it when he got tired. His "father" took it upon himself to cut it off one of the few times he did see my son. At 23 my son still remembers this and keeps his hair long since about 15. No one messes with his precious hair!

Also have this put into the visitation, that they are not allowed to cut either childs hair.

The coats.. been there too. I refused to send any clothing while my daughter was little. My son's family was fine & often sent him home with new clothes in addition to what he went with but my daughter, something always got left as it was up to her (she was under 10) to keep track of her stuff & pack her bag. I also wouldn't send homework as he didn't send back a school book and report. Let them buy the kids new stuff to keep at their house. All they need are a few things, coat, pants, shirts, undies, surely they can do that? I think my daughter used to leave her coat in my car, she takes it off anyway. I got tired of missing her favorite clothes. She now has luggage and knows how to keep track of her stuff, but she's almost 15.

You also might try to get into the habit of picking up 2 when they go on sale. The way I figured was some of the coats my daughter likes are about $150, I've been able to find them on sale for $30, so I bought 2. You can also try the thrift stores if they get decent stuff in.

Hang in there. It does get better. My daughter is at the age where she doesn't want to go see him every other weekend & I don't push. He also doesn't seem bothered by it as he's never said anything to me.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,183 times
Both of the complaints involve the MIL. Maybe a quick phone call or a note asking her to not cut Lindsey's hair anymore without consulting you first would suffice.
Also, she was doing the transportation out of an obligation to her son, you & the kids, it was probably a long ride and the mix up ensued. If you politely bring it to her attention, she will probably be apolgetic about it. After all, it was better that she drove the kids rather than the sick dad.
On the other hand, why do you want to let her or X2B know that you fell asleep in the car waiting for them at all? You don't want them to claim next that they don't trust you driving the kids home from the meeting place due to be being too tired, do you?
Maybe I wouldn't say anything about falling asleep in the car and the ensuing mix up at all, since it just opens up a can of worms.
Falling asleep in the car is understandable, but so is the MIL driving away without first checking on whether you're awake or not. So that could be considered to be a shared mistake.

Last edited by sun; 03-25-2008 at 11:27 AM..

Old 03-25-2008, 11:42 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Both of the complaints involve the MIL. Maybe a quick phone call or a note asking her to not cut Lindsey's hair anymore without consulting you first would suffice.
Also, she was doing the transportation out of an obligation to her son, you & the kids, it was probably a long ride and the mix up ensued. If you politely bring it to her attention, she will probably be apolgetic about it. After all, it was better that she drove the kids rather than the sick dad.
On the other hand, why do you want to let her or X2B know that you fell asleep in the car waiting for them at all? You don't want them to claim next that they don't trust you driving the kids home from the meeting place due to be being too tired, do you?
Maybe I wouldn't say anything about falling asleep in the car and the ensuing mix up at all, since it just opens up a can of worms.
Falling asleep in the car is understandable, but so is the MIL driving away without first checking on whether you're awake or not. So that could be considered to be a shared mistake.
OMG, I cannot believe she cut her hair....?????????

If I had ever cut my grand daughter's hair, by my DIL's hand, I'd be DED
TWICE....

Old 03-25-2008, 04:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Robyn, my ex always sleeps waiting for us. We drive longer (by almost 1/2) then he does, so some days he is left waiting. We never just leave my daughter though. We make sure she & her stuff is in his car.

I'm so far behind, have you gone to court yet? You might think to put something in the visitation agreement about this. I don't think his mother thinks.

Your daughters hair. wow. They really have a lot of nerve to cut it. Sounds like they've been slowly cutting it off. There is a charity called Locks of Love that takes donations of human hair, about 10 inches at a time to make wigs for children cancer patients. Sounds like they've already taken 10 inches, what a shame.

I also had experience with this. When my son was little (back in the late 80's) he had a tail. I'm sure you remember them. His "father" hated it but my son loved it. My son used to twirl it when he got tired. His "father" took it upon himself to cut it off one of the few times he did see my son. At 23 my son still remembers this and keeps his hair long since about 15. No one messes with his precious hair!

Also have this put into the visitation, that they are not allowed to cut either childs hair.

The coats.. been there too. I refused to send any clothing while my daughter was little. My son's family was fine & often sent him home with new clothes in addition to what he went with but my daughter, something always got left as it was up to her (she was under 10) to keep track of her stuff & pack her bag. I also wouldn't send homework as he didn't send back a school book and report. Let them buy the kids new stuff to keep at their house. All they need are a few things, coat, pants, shirts, undies, surely they can do that? I think my daughter used to leave her coat in my car, she takes it off anyway. I got tired of missing her favorite clothes. She now has luggage and knows how to keep track of her stuff, but she's almost 15.

You also might try to get into the habit of picking up 2 when they go on sale. The way I figured was some of the coats my daughter likes are about $150, I've been able to find them on sale for $30, so I bought 2. You can also try the thrift stores if they get decent stuff in.

Hang in there. It does get better. My daughter is at the age where she doesn't want to go see him every other weekend & I don't push. He also doesn't seem bothered by it as he's never said anything to me.
It is the first thing I said. I wished they had not cut her hair, but there could have been a CA patient who could have received a human hair wig. They cut 8-10 inches off the first time, and 3-4 this last time, less than a month apart.

The only court we have done is visitation and support/ custody. This fall comes divorce court.

Sun... I got there early and closed my eyes. he knew I was on my way home from Maryland, and I had even asked him if he wanted to keep the kids longer, for a couple of days during their spring break...

It was not ok for her to drive off without making sure they were safely in my vehicle.

I talked with him about it this afternoon, and he did not believe me, so he verified it with A, asking him every detail, which was everything I already had said.

That doesn't matter. Things like that are not important. They are to me.

Ever heard of a power nap? Thats what i took. Better do that, while I am NOT driving than be sleepy while driving. Which I wasn't.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:02 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
It is the first thing I said. I wished they had not cut her hair, but there could have been a CA patient who could have received a human hair wig. They cut 8-10 inches off the first time, and 3-4 this last time, less than a month apart.

The only court we have done is visitation and support/ custody. This fall comes divorce court.

Sun... I got there early and closed my eyes. he knew I was on my way home from Maryland, and I had even asked him if he wanted to keep the kids longer, for a couple of days during their spring break...

It was not ok for her to drive off without making sure they were safely in my vehicle.

I talked with him about it this afternoon, and he did not believe me, so he verified it with A, asking him every detail, which was everything I already had said.

That doesn't matter. Things like that are not important. They are to me.

Ever heard of a power nap? Thats what i took. Better do that, while I am NOT driving than be sleepy while driving. Which I wasn't.

You might be able to add things to the custody / visitation by amending. It's worth looking into especially now while everything is fresh. It usually doesn't cost much either.

That's a lot of hair, I would be fuming. I don't know why some people do stuff like that without thinking. How is your daughter doing? Is she ok after having them do that?

I agree, she should not drive off like that. I always make sure my daughter can get in her fathers car. There are days when he runs into use the bathroom where we meet. There's no way I would pull away without seeing her get in the car.

Robyn, you are a single parent that works. I don't doubt you are tired. If you can get a 30 minute nap while waiting, then you should. Shame he wouldn't keep the kids for a few days, mine never used to either but does now only because she stays at her friends house across the street from him. This is a big reason why she doesn't go any more because she knows he could care less about seeing her.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:36 PM

We were in court back in December.

l is fine, resilient. Takes things in stride, for the most part.

When we meet, we both usually get out of our vehicles, not always to speak to eachother, but always to greet the kids. I wanna say the last time he picked up the kids he may have stayed in the car. The time before, he was upset because they ahd not given him a hug...

yep, I do get tired... but saturday I drove 4 hours up to Maryland, and then Sunday, 4 hours home....

Old 03-26-2008, 04:13 AM

The creak of the old wooden door at the house of chimes sounds. It is time to look at the moon now. I step outside and the cool March air kisses my skin. Down the stairs I go, the front porch swing swinging just a tiny little bit.

Onto the sidewalk, now. The sky is bright. Not in the way that I can see stars. The sky is lit up with the clouds hovering about. There are no stars to behold on this cool March morning.

I can feel the moon behind me, walking further down the walkway. I get to the end and hear a noise that is not one I ever hear. I look now, up into the sky, I can see the light shining above the house; just where the moon sits.

To the very edge of the sidewalk I go, now, to be able to see that moon. It is not a full moon this morning, and clouds and haze seem to be covering it. Even so, I can make out every single detail, and the light that shines around it is magnificent.

That moon shines just as bright as ever; even with the clouds hiding it. Or is IT hiding? I don't know. All I know is that the beauty of the moon which the Lord has given us to light our nighttime way is truly something to behold. Truly something to behold.

The sound I heard... I looked across the street. I didn't see anything. I allowed my senses to open themselves just a little more. Sight. Very dark over there. I see a golfcart going across the way, very slowly, as to be sneaking by.

This is in no way a golfcart community, but everyone seems to have one! So, the golfcart sneaks its way past, and it is 1 of 4 people. I turn back around to see the moon one last time. Beautiful.

Walking back up the stairs now, to that old wooden door. Lucy cat looking out, waiting for me to come back. Meow.

No matter what may be going on in your life, all you have to do is step outside. You can find beauty in almost anything. If you just allow it, let it. I find beauty in an old pickup truck sitting next to an old barn on my way to work.

It can be in anything... It can be in you. Good morning, and Happy Wednesday to you!

Last edited by Pikantari; 03-26-2008 at 05:31 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 05:25 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
The creak of the old wooden door at the house of chimes sounds. It is time to look at the moon now. I step outside and the cool March air kisses my skin. Down the stairs I go, the front porch swinging just a tiny little bit.

Onto the sidewalk, now. The sky is bright. Not in the way that I can see stars. The sky is lit up with the clouds hovering about. There are no stars to behold on this col March morning.

I can feel the moon behind me, walking further down the walkway. I get to the end and hear a noise that is not one I ever hear. I look now, up into the sky, I can see the light shining above the house; just where the moon sits.

To the very edge of the sidewalk I go, now, to be able to see that moon. It is not a full moon this morning, and clouds and haze seem to be covering it. Even so, I can make out every single detail, and the light that shines around it is magnificent.

That moon shines just as bright as ever; even with the clouds hiding it. Or is IT hiding? I don't know. All I know is that the beauty of the moon which the Lord has given us to light our nighttime way is truly something to behold. Truly something to behold.

The sound I heard... I looked across the street. I didn't see anything. I allowed my senses to open themselves just a little more. Sight. Very dark over there. I see a golfcart going across the way, very slowly, as to be sneaking by.

This is in no way a golfcart community, but everyone seems to have one! So, the golfcart sneaks its way past, and it is 1 of 4 people. I turn back around to see the moon one last time. Beautiful.

Walking back up the stairs now, to that old wooden door. Lucy cat looking out, waiting for me to come back. Meow.

No matter what may be going on in your life, all you have to do is step outside. You can find beauty in almost anything. If you just allow it, let it. I find beauty in an old pickup truck sitting next to an old barn on my way to work.

It can be in anything... It can be in you. Good morning, and Happy Wednesday to you!
Good Morning...what a glorious way to wake up....nice writing, beautiful read.

Hugs
Creme

Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 AM

My world is flooding here... everything was gurgling and then boom! funfunfun.

Had to call in to work. I am sure they are loving me right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships