Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 04:20 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times

Advertisements

Robyn

Just today I saw the news coverage of your town and the devestation that the tornados left behind.

I am so very glad you and the children were not harmed nor that the house of chimes was not damaged.

The scene on tv was total chaos in places, and I do not know how you kept from having a heart attack!

My prayers go out to your town for the damage to people's homes and their businesses and for the many who were hurt. Last count I heard, no one died which is such a blessing.

aiangel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 04:52 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Robyn

Just today I saw the news coverage of your town and the devestation that the tornados left behind.

I am so very glad you and the children were not harmed nor that the house of chimes was not damaged.

The scene on tv was total chaos in places, and I do not know how you kept from having a heart attack!

My prayers go out to your town for the damage to people's homes and their businesses and for the many who were hurt. Last count I heard, no one died which is such a blessing.

aiangel
Thank you aiangel... you know, it felt like I was going to have a heart attack, we were fine at work, just with the kids at home and there calling for tornadoes right where we live....

Yes, my prayers going out to all of the families who have lost due to this thing.

It is devastating...

Old 04-29-2008, 05:32 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
Someone was clearly watching over you and yours.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Someone was clearly watching over you and yours.
Yes He was...

Old 04-30-2008, 03:53 AM

Default He ain't a man

These are the words from my son's mouth this morning. No, he is not talking about his father... today.

He is watching Dr. Phil. There is a man who has decided to be a woman and thinks that for that reason, he no longer needs to take care of his children.

A says he ain't a man. I say he will always be a man... No, mommy.

He is not a man because he will not take care of his children.

Oh I see, A. You are completely right about that. He will never be a man in that way.

Then he starts bringing humor into play all of a sudden, and starts singing.. Dude looks like a lady...

So, he sees when a man is not a man. When he is unwilling to care for his children. It actually upset him. He came in from the living room into the dining room here where I am and said those words.. he ain't a man.

He had his arm up in the air when saying it, slapping his hand through the air as he brought it down quickly.

He sees.

This is a good thing. It will help him in his journey. I can see that he knows what a man is and is not. Even in the premise of the show being about a man changing gender... oh, don't get me wrong. he thought that was gross..

Coffee is perfect today.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:45 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
You've taught him well, Robyn. I think what he said this morning is more important than any report card grades or how clean he keeps his room....

Old 04-30-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
You've taught him well, Robyn. I think what he said this morning is more important than any report card grades or how clean he keeps his room....
This is so very true... so very true...

Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 AM

What's the difference? Whats the difference between a white collar man and a blue collar man? That is the question....

I know nothing of the white collar man. I know about one blue collar man.

Is a man a man? Does it matter what color their collar is? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

This is fill in the blank, not multiple choice...

Coffee is good today.... good morning everyone...

Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Is a man a man? Does it matter what color their collar is? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

Coffee is good today.... good morning everyone...
Nah, no difference. Either he's a man or a wussy-man I'm having coffee too robyn, I made it myself. It's freakin hot and I fried the cells on the end of my tongue

Old 05-01-2008, 04:48 AM

314 posts, read 719,172 times
The color of a man's collar means nothing. The human spirit that resides under the collar is what determines the type of man. It is great your son is developing good values. Hopefully, in your lives is a friend, relative or someone of the male gender to give him a positive role model. My prayers are with you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships