Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 04:28 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

I think i feel a nervous break down coming on... not sure, but I think.

A is trying to make up this work, only he doesn't have a list of what he needs to make up. Knows he has to make it up, knows he has til tomorrow to do it, has known forever, this. Now says his Geography book is missing.. since when, don't know.

Looking in places it would never be, and I am getting hulk-mad.

I am not even kidding here.

He has been sitting here for three hours since getting home from school doing nothing. Nope, didn't attempt to look for the book. Didn't try to find the list of things he is supposed to be doing.

I am on the verge here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 06:24 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,032 times
Robyn, Perhaps he needs to deal with this alone....and the consequences whatever they may be.

You would only be able to put a band aid on things anyway.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:20 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,124,602 times
Now you know where that streak of grey hair really comes from...from being such a good, hard working mommy.

That's the durn kids fer ya'...

Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Now you know where that streak of grey hair really comes from...from being such a good, hard working mommy.

That's the durn kids fer ya'...
Well, thank you, Sun. I think.. it actually looks kind of pretty... Have grown accustomed to it.

One day, the kids and I were in the ball field down the street from Chimes, watching a friend of mines little girl play. A was standing to my direct right. I suppose the sun was shining on me just right. I felt him touch my hair, and he said, "Oh Mommy, you're getting grey hair. Thats alright." He kissed my head.

When L sees it, she says ,"Mommy, I will always love you no matter how old you are." (LOLOLOL) and then she says, "I will take care of you when you get old and send you your favorite flowers."

Also touching my hair.

A teenager from work came up to me last week and said, "OMG! Miss Robyn, you're getting grey hair!"

I say to her... Getting? And I put my hands apart for the length of the hair.. I said look how long this is, I am not getting! I have! She says to me, That was not there a couple of days ago...

OOOKkkkk... lol.

So, the coffee is good this morning, and it is in my huge Tink cup. I have my call back interview, and this one is with all these drs.

I just knocked on wood. I do not feel nervous. I did not feel nervous going out on that first date.

I don't know. Different kinds of things make me nervous. But things like that don't. I don't feel under pressure. Of course, I hope I do well, etc, but am not nervous.

Is that weird?

Old 05-30-2008, 05:00 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Oh, Robyn, I'm just catching up here. Good luck on your interview.

Divorce is one of the biggest stressors in our life- for the parents and the children. Maybe if you spoke to A about this, he will stop being so hard on himself. Stress can cause short term memory loss. So if he stops stressing about lagging grades and just focuses on just doing the best that he can, it may be easier for him to remember his assignments.

Now I say that, but I also must say that my son, and I'm sure the sons of everyone else on here who have them, is just like A in that respect. One of my favorites is being told that he has to create a 3D greek village for a homework assignment that is due the next day....and it is 8pm

I agree with Rockky that consequences DO work, especially if the teachers hang tough, as well.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:07 AM

314 posts, read 719,045 times
R,

Letting the chips fall to match the action/inaction is really the fastest way to help the young ones learn. Many moons ago when mine were young and the world had punished them more than I EVER would have, I asked them a question. The question was "what did we learn from this?" The kiddos may as well start now to look for the education in lifes experiences. It will help them farther down the road.

Enjoy the coffee and good luck today.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:11 AM

I know, I would love to just let him handle it, and reap the consequences... but this time, the consequences could mean him failing.

He is so very forgetful, about everything. It is crazy.

I could ask him something about yesterday, and he doesn't know. One of the teachers, I have emailed them all, tells me he forgets so much...

If he fails more than one core subject, he is in big trouble, will have to take 8th grade over again.

Algebra is good. I think Science is good, but that is the only teacher that has not gotten back with me.

Geography and English... not so good.

They can only take one class in summer school.

Also... if he fails, I will have that over my head w ib. Not that I think he would have done any better if living with him, I don't know, the fear of him may have made him do better.

I don't know. I feel like I have been on him non stop this year, and I hate that. The boy is so dag on smart, has no business failing. I know this year has been tough on him, I know....

And ib should have rec that thing for his arraignment by now. I have not checked my home vm messages yet, I suppose I need to do that...

Oh bother. I need to get these things out of my head for right now, and just go on with the day. I have got this call back and I need to be ugh... not looking like I am so stressed out that I may pull my hair out.

My skin is breaking out like a teenager. I hate it... it never happened when I was a teenager, so why now? My sister had severe adult acne in her 20s and 30s. I hope I am not getting like she was, and it is just stress.

I suppose adult acne isn't the worse thing that could ever happen to me....

Old 05-30-2008, 05:30 AM

I know... but I hate for my kids to... feel this way...

Ok, here is something funny to end my round of posting for the am, I thought it was funny, anyway.

Does anyone remember the movie Children of the Corn?

Well, whenever I am gathering up the kids to go somewhere, or calling them into one room or the other, I say ok children of the corn, lets go.. or whatever the case may be.

So, last night, A asks me what the children of the corn look like.. I thought ti was funny, anyway.. lol

Old 05-30-2008, 05:45 AM

check out what cd has done, click on your name, or anyone elses name and take a peek! Bye guys!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:07 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,032 times
Much good luck, tons of best wishes, and many hugs go with you to the job interview, Robyn!!

I see what you mean about the C-D changes....but I don't get it. It looks so different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships